52 replies to this topic

#1 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:01 PM

So, if there's one thing we've noticed this year, it's the disgusting nature of the beast that is the Twittersphere after a win or a loss, or a rivalry. Joel Ward knows what I mean.

As this series wears on, it's going to get worse. But, so it begins:

Here is a classy Rangers fan with a beer in his hand in his profile picture, addressing A CHILD, none other than Martin Brodeur's son, Anthony:
"@Smelly_Tweet :@abrodeur30 yo which one is your mom, which one is your aunt? #yourdadisscum"

Oh, and a custom-made Twitter account for the purposes of calling out Brodeur's son:
"@FatsoBrodeur: @abrodeur30 How are you, my favorite nephew."

There'll be more, I'm sure. The least we can do for Brodeur's son is heckle back...

Edited by DJ Eco, 15 May 2012 - 02:02 PM.

#2 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:04 PM

That's really messed up bringing his son into this.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#3 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:25 PM

That's really messed up bringing his son into this.

Do you expect anything more? One of the guys that sent the tweet is from Madison, NJ nonetheless.

Let them carry out their childish antics.

#4 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,775 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:27 PM

People who do stuff like this are among the lowest form of human life.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#5 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:30 PM

They'd be just as tough in person as they are on Twitter

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#6 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:31 PM

I expected this during the Flyers series, not during this one. And yes, we pretty much popped a squat over the Flyers' fans dreams last round but after their game 1 win, I didn't see ANYTHING like this...

#7 Matteau#32

Matteau#32

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:52 PM

That is just stupid. Make fun of Brodeur all you want. Going after his kids is ridiculous. I don't use twitter, but I hope people are really attacking those two idiots.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 Rangerfans

Rangerfans

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:06 PM

People who do stuff like this are among the lowest form of human life.

Agreed.

Pathetic.

Fvck those guys. They're probably just obnoxious band-wagoners.

That's just pathetic and - I hope - that you all understand that we're not all that obnoxious.

#9 eldon

eldon

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:10 PM

Just ignore. Most times bringing attention to it makes it worse.

#10 chaos212

chaos212

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:11 PM

It looks like Anthony is holding his own.

#11 Matteau#32

Matteau#32

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:12 PM

After further review, it was done by a HS kid. Just fight fire with fire. HS kids do and say dumb things.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,159 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:21 PM

This is why I'm not on twitter.

#13 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:26 PM

That's just pathetic and - I hope - that you all understand that we're not all that obnoxious.

I know, I know. Unfortunately, it seems like there are just LESS and LESS Rangers fans I can have a meaningful discussion about the game of hockey with. Everything turns into a discussion about Marty's marriage, and fat jokes.

Some clown yesterday even started talking to me about how "the frontman of the band that wrote the Devils goal-song is a convicted child predator". Really? More fvcking annoying than mosquitoes in my ear.

#14 Matteau#32

Matteau#32

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:29 PM

I know, I know. Unfortunately, it seems like there are just LESS and LESS Rangers fans I can have a meaningful discussion about the game of hockey with. Everything turns into a discussion about Marty's marriage, and fat jokes.

Some clown yesterday even started talking to me about how "the frontman of the band that wrote the Devils goal-song is a convicted child predator". Really? More fvcking annoying than mosquitoes in my ear.

After that story broke, several teams stopped using that song during their games.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#15 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,215 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:32 PM

After that story broke, several teams stopped using that song during their games.

Including the Devils

ILWT Devils Fan Guide: Chants

Anything Else to Know: When the Devils organization went with a different goal song (the Bouncing Souls' "Ole") for a few seasons, this died out. Thankfully, the Devils got a version of the song that sees no royalties given to Gary Glitter and this long time favorite was brought back (I think) two seasons ago

Edited by eaglejelly, 15 May 2012 - 03:36 PM.

#16 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:39 PM

Teenagers are horrible creatures
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#17 BCdevil

BCdevil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:43 PM

To make matters worse, the little piss ant bragged on Twitter to a friend that he is watching one of the Devils home games in Chris Christie's box.

Edited by BCdevil, 15 May 2012 - 03:46 PM.

Posted Image

#18 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,299 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:44 PM

Between Rock and Roll Part 2 and the Rag's custom-written and performed goal song I'd take a child-predator's song a million times out of a million.

Their goal song is the most obnoxious, bellying, piece of sh!t song there is. The best is when the Devils score and you start singing it right in front of their fans. They fly off the handle when you do that.

#19 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:53 PM

Between Rock and Roll Part 2 and the Rag's custom-written and performed goal song I'd take a child-predator's song a million times out of a million.

Their goal song is the most obnoxious, bellying, piece of sh!t song there is. The best is when the Devils score and you start singing it right in front of their fans. They fly off the handle when you do that.

Oh I know!!! I never thought of doing that til this year. For some reason, after that last-second Clarkson goal in our shootout win against them this year, something possessed me to look the two most obnoxious Rangers fans in my section in the eye and start singing their goal song. They got so red.

Edited by DJ Eco, 15 May 2012 - 03:54 PM.

#20 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:13 PM

Teenagers Rags fans are horrible creatures

more like that

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users