Brad Richards get 5/39 deal

sundstrom

Toronto will offer Elias max, IMO.

Say they do, but also say Elias IS serious about being on a winning team. I think the Leafs are a little too in "limbo" to have a Cup contender in the next 2-3 years.

If Elias goes anywhere else, I really don't see him in T.O.

But I think the real question here is: why can't my boss be more like Feaster? I want a max contract. I'm an MVP to my work too.

Cheers,

- Roland

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Richards. He's the best player on that team. Most consistent too.

But he got too much. I don't see how it affects the rest of the league. As Tri pointed out, Richards is 26 and in his prime. He will be awesome for years.

If Tampa can find a goalie, they'll be set.

actually, i can tell you (kinda) that i do. as of a month ago, he felt his was a 5/27 player, and that was before this nonsense. he'll stay, but not for a discount at all.

Not sure about the discount and if I remember correctly he was looking for between 4-5 (I can't remember the exact number you can probably find it on HFboards though). I also don't think he stays for a discount but I think if 5 million (give or take) and 3+ years he takes it. Not sure when negotiations start but I'll try to find out what they are asking for.

Well, Tampa is now at $33.93M with 12 players under contract.

Somebody ( or more than one somebody) has to go and they still need a goaltender.

They are officially in worse shape than the Flyers, who have less $$$ against the cap, will not have Forsberg counting against it for at least the season - which will also give them $$$ in the cap bank - and who may have Primeau retiring. They are also in worse shape than the Thrashers...ugh!!!

Not sure about the discount and if I remember correctly he was looking for between 4-5 (I can't remember the exact number you can probably find it on HFboards though). I also don't think he stays for a discount but I think if 5 million (give or take) and 3+ years he takes it. Not sure when negotiations start but I'll try to find out what they are asking for.

OK now I kind of have to laugh! I just posted in another thread that the only two guys I have to laugh at for leaving were... Claude and Holik :o:doh1: the mentors :rant:

Gomez you little turddropper - you better stay here for a fair wage or I'm lopping off... <_< oh nevermind... :angry:

Edited by Pepperkorn

OK now I kind of have to laugh! I just posted in another thread that the only two guys I have to laugh at for leaving were... Claude and Holik :o:doh1: the mentors :rant:

Gomez you little turddropper - you better stay here for a fair wage or I'm lopping off... <_< oh nevermind... :angry:

I don't think Holik was his mentor. I don't think he liked him too much. I think the last time I saw him was during the contract buyouts and he told me the Rangers bought out Holik's contract and he was laughing about it.

We are about to witness the continuation of the dismantling of a one-time Stanley Cup winner in Tampa.

After Lou eliminates the 3M salaries, we should just lay-low watch the other organizations implode with their cap issues. Lou can probably swing some great trades without giving up much.