NJ Death Penalty

LetsGoDevils

NJ Death Penalty  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support its removal?

• Yes
    • No

Look at Texas.. They've executed alot througout the years.. Do they manage to put the crimes down? Don't think so.. They've got sky high statestics!

The Texas gun law is also very vague regarding hand guns.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's true! But those who wants the death penalty also often support the bull**** about every man "has the right to defend his own home" pro-gun talk.. :blahblah:

Violence feeds violence, Blood feeds blood and so on... That's the reality!

The harder methods from the state, The more violence you'll see!

That's true! But those who wants the death penalty also often support the bull**** about every man "has the right to defend his own home" pro-gun talk.. :blahblah:

So lets say you have a daughter/son who was 6yrs old they were raped, tortured,and then killed.

Their killer is caught and you are content with him/her living in prison or would you rather them put

to death? And yes I have every right to defend my home and family.

So the solution to violence and bloodshed is to not punish the criminals at all? Then without the state coming down so hard the criminals will have no reason to be forced into committing crimes.

That is the flipside of what you're saying.

Well.. now you're silly, I do think it's a good idea stop punish criminals in the way we're doing today! And now I'm talking about sweden, US, France any country that's got jails. Punishment by putting people in jail only works on a few.. Those who've committed small crimes! The jails have one good purpose though. And that's protecting the society from dangerous people! But you can't really belive that these psychos are frightened by jails or death penaltys or whatever it might be, they'll still committ awful crimes when their out again! It's an endless circle! And here we got two options, either we kill them, either we offer them first-class rehab and treatment! I prefer the last one!

And when it comes to those extreme peoples who rape and kill small girls, and they aren't many, you've got to start looking for reasons WHY this person is killing/raping/torturing.. CAN it actually be so that this person have been sexually abused himself as a kid? CAN it be so that this person have witnessed a murder as a kid? CAN it be so that this person have lived his life in very poor conditions?

My opinion is that this got to be a class issue! Who are putted in jail? People from ghettos slash poor people!

Who are in power of controlling the "police state"? Inclusive death penalty, police officers, jails and so on!??

Yeah that's right, White wealthy men!

(I guess you'll freak out because of this, calling me comunist and stuff BUT i'm not)

I'll go for some simple "Hell"-topics where we share the love of hockey now ;)

Well.. now you're silly, I do think it's a good idea stop punish criminals in the way we're doing today! And now I'm talking about sweden, US, France any country that's got jails. Punishment by putting people in jail only works on a few.. Those who've committed small crimes! The jails have one good purpose though. And that's protecting the society from dangerous people! But you can't really belive that these psychos are frightened by jails or death penaltys or whatever it might be, they'll still committ awful crimes when their out again! It's an endless circle! And here we got two options, either we kill them, either we offer them first-class rehab and treatment! I prefer the last one!

And when it comes to those extreme peoples who rape and kill small girls, and they aren't many, you've got to start looking for reasons WHY this person is killing/raping/torturing.. CAN it actually be so that this person have been sexually abused himself as a kid? CAN it be so that this person have witnessed a murder as a kid? CAN it be so that this person have lived his life in very poor conditions?

My opinion is that this got to be a class issue! Who are putted in jail? People from ghettos slash poor people!

Who are in power of controlling the "police state"? Inclusive death penalty, police officers, jails and so on!??

(I guess you'll freak out because of this, calling me comunist and stuff BUT i'm not)

The unbelievable numbers of people who have had their convictions reversed by DNA evidence shows that the trial system is too inefficient to justify the death penalty. Too many innocent people executed to justify its deterring effect.

And what if that same DNA evidence confirms that the person was indeed guilty?

22 lunatic posts and counting.

Seems we can't take you seriously anymore 'cause you are an absolute apologist.

Rehab for rapists and murderers? If someone was sexually molested as a child, then they should know better then to do it to someone else.

I arrest sex offenders repeatedly, and there are very few that I feel any empathy for.

And I arrest all races and creeds, white, black, hispanic, and asian.

You are waaaaaayyyyy out there. Hope all Swedes aren't this pathetic.

Edited by Jimmy Leeds

Sort of like the Luchese crime family and the Bloods?

But those are examples of organized gangs/groups but you know that. :)

I was thing on a unorganized base but still gangs are from various ethnic backgrounds too.

Edited by Devilish34

That's true! But those who wants the death penalty also often support the bull**** about every man "has the right to defend his own home" pro-gun talk..

Have your house or car broken into and then tell me how you feel about the right to defend your home.

It's amazing how that feeling of violation changes your tune.

It's easy to give the "violence spreads violence" hippie bull**** answer when it's never happened to you.

I bet if you had a child who was harmed by an adult you wouldnt be saying "geeee I hope he can rehabilitate in prison and become a good member of society while my kid will be screwed up for the rest of their lives for doing nothing more than being a little kid in a bad place."

2 wrongs dont make a right, and it will never take away the pain from that child, but you will also know that piece of garbage will never walk the streets again and be given a shot at a new life. It's easier for the attacker to move on then it is the attacked.

22 lunatic posts and counting.

Seems we can't take you seriously anymore 'cause you are an absolute apologist.

Rehab for rapists and murderers? If someone was sexually molested as a child, then they should know better then to do it to someone else.

I arrest sex offenders repeatedly, and there are very few that I feel any empathy for.

And I arrest all races and creeds, white, black, hispanic, and asian.

You are waaaaaayyyyy out there. Hope all Swedes aren't this pathetic.

lunatic and pathetic as Sweden might be, there are still fewer violent crimes and murders per capita than the US

Edited by Swede

Have your house or car broken into and then tell me how you feel about the right to defend your home.

It's amazing how that feeling of violation changes your tune.

It's easy to give the "violence spreads violence" hippie bull**** answer when it's never happened to you.

I bet if you had a child who was harmed by an adult you wouldnt be saying "geeee I hope he can rehabilitate in prison and become a good member of society while my kid will be screwed up for the rest of their lives for doing nothing more than being a little kid in a bad place."

2 wrongs dont make a right, and it will never take away the pain from that child, but you will also know that piece of garbage will never walk the streets again and be given a shot at a new life. It's easier for the attacker to move on then it is the attacked.

Well i cannot put myself in that situation because i've don't been there.. Usually we don't break our cars into pieces here in sweden.. And we don't rape small kids either :P Haha ofcourse it happends here too.. But I just can't see the porpuse with "only" punishment, punishment and more punishment... I do NOT feel any sympathy with child-murderers! But you'll never get rid of those psychos, There's one born every day! But seriously, how many are that fvcked up in their minds compared too how many people that walk the earth!?

What I mean with trying too see the reasons why people choose the criminal life is just that instead of just letting people commit the crime and then punish them.. Wouldn't it be better to try eliminate poverty, rascism and other factors that creates criminals? I don't mean that we shouldn't punish the murderers.. I've just said that while we're punishing them it should be in our responsability to minimize the reasons why people commit the crime! More money to schools, social welfare, psychic care, hospitals could be one way! Even how difficult it might be to have your son killed.. Cause I think all of you who do got a heart wants to reduce the crimes! And I don't think you can do that by "just" have high punishments and more heavy-armed polices..

Edited by Comandante

Someone's in my house in the middle of the night, their getting a cap in their arse.

1st line 2 110lb Akitas

2nd line 6 Glazer safety slugs then 9 JHP

But I have the felling my dogs would just lick an intruder to death.

Well i cannot put myself in that situation because i've don't been there.. Usually we don't break our cars into pieces here in sweden.. And we don't rape small kids either :P Haha ofcourse it happends here too.. But I just can't see the porpuse with "only" punishment, punishment and more punishment... I do NOT feel any sympathy with child-murderers! But you'll never get rid of those psychos, There's one born every day! But seriously, how many are that fvcked up in their minds compared too how many people that walk the earth!?

Well, then you admit you really don't know what you're talking about. It's very difficult to be a petty criminal when you're freezing your ass off :P But seriously, Sweden is very different than the US in socio/economic terms -- not because of your wonderful criminal justice system -- it's cultural and that's a whole other debate so let's just leave it at that.

It's lovely to beleive in rehabilitiation -- but as you wrote yourself child murderers are psychos. Most agree they are beyond rehabilitation.

Short term jail sentences for petty criminals actually may lead to a life more deeply steeped in crime. They're now felons and lose many of their rights as citizens -- they don't get them back. So if their criminal ways were brought about by their poor economic situation, it ain't getting any better once they're out of jail and "rehabilitated". Too much spending is going on keeping violent criminals caged - (as well as non-violent criminals - ie drug users or stupid "make an example out of them" cases....thus money cannot be reappropriated to rehabilitate those with a chance. There are too many people in the country to make that a realistic goal.

Thus as it stands now, it's as rare to have rehabilitation work as it is to be a true psycho/sociopath worthy of death all the way around.

I have no solution but I'm not about to spout any happy horsesh!t as if there was one general catch all "rehabilitation" we could easily be focusing on!

ALSO -- you can say the poor are commiting the crimes -- yes they are -- but not against the ich. They are killing one and other -- the innocent poor are the victims.

Edited by Pepperkorn

Short term jail sentences for petty criminals actually may lead to a life more deeply steeped in crime. They're now felons and lose many of their rights as citizens -- they don't get them back. So if their criminal ways were brought about by their poor economic situation, it ain't getting any better once they're out of jail and "rehabilitated". Too much spending is going on keeping violent criminals caged - thus money cannot be reappropriated to rehabilitate those with a chance. There are too many people in the country to make that a realistic goal.

ALSO -- you can say the poor are commiting the crimes -- yes they are -- but not against the ich. They are killing one and other -- the innocent poor are the victims.

I blame the parents not for their economic background, but for being lazy.

And still believe Corzine did the wrong thing.

Edited by Devilish34

ok you lost me here. what are you trying to say... :noclue:

we shouldnt try to get rid of poverty because they kill eachother and not the rich? or that poor people have it bad because not only are they poor, but they are also the victims of crime? (i know you are not saying any of this but i just dont get what you were going with that line)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.