Devils trade rumour -- big deal to come?

ghdi

Wow! What silliness! Lets see here...we just lost Nieds, nobody has a clue if Stevens is coming back or not and some people out there *coughEklundcough* think Lou would trade Brodeur?

I have a better chance of hitting tonights lotto numbers thab this happening.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That wasn't Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) that was me spoofing these STUPID rumors. :lol:

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure who this guy Code is, he's new to me, but this is one of his replys on the situation:

(cornholio @ Aug 25 2005, 08:29 PM)

actually he's saying Bertuzzi to the Devils, with Luongo off to Vancouver and Friesen/Colin White (amongst others) going to Florida

Code: Should I even answer this? I think most people can.

Well somethings got to happen, I think we all know that, but it won't be this.

chris

Well I've been more than amused by it... it got a little tired by about ...2:30 I'd say...

We should have one of these a day. Really even real news that Stevens had signed would only amuse me for about two hours. unless naked pictures were also provided ... that would be another 4 hours of amusement. then two hours each day there after for about a month probably...

DAMNIT THE CAA SECURITY GUARD IS NEVER WRONG, JUST YOU WAIT.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well he was wrong that hockey was going to be back in February. (Forgot about that, didn't you?) :D:lol:B ):rofl:

:dance:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Heeeeeeeellllllllo, there was the HS Finals...THERE WAS HOCKEY. HE WAS RIGHT.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He may have been right even though it actually happened in March, I just don't think the guy is a relable source! :rolleyes::boogie:

DAMNIT THE CAA SECURITY GUARD IS NEVER WRONG, JUST YOU WAIT.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well he was wrong that hockey was going to be back in February. (Forgot about that, didn't you?) :D:lol:B ):rofl:

:dance:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Heeeeeeeellllllllo, there was the HS Finals...THERE WAS HOCKEY. HE WAS RIGHT.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He may have been right even though it actually happened in March, I just don't think the guy is a relable source! :rolleyes::boogie:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

;)

Yeah I actually feared the worst when I saw a 120-post thread with Bertuzzi in the middle of it but at least all the trade speculation was clean (i.e. without any big fights) hehe.

Tri in theory I agree, that it would take Brodeur or maybe Elias to pry Bertuzzi from Vancouver, but who knows maybe they think they'd be better off without the Bertuzzi contreversy and they'd take a Langenbrunner-Hale-Suglobov package. Not that it would do anything to clear up the cap situation though, quite the opposite. Or certainy Parise they'd take but Lou would never offer him up :P

I thought no details were provided -- we all just used our imaginations :noclue:

this was a lot of fun and hardly a waste :angry:

although there was just an article out that using your imagination may lead to Alzheimers... :blink: sounds like horse feathers to me <_<

As we say in France " when it's over there's more "

Peter Bondra...a decision is likely early next week. There is quite a bidding war going on for his services apparently, with Phil, Wash, Atl, NYR, and NJ...yes the team that forgot about the cap. not to worry Lou has a plan I am told...

Which goes to this next rumor..It involves a big trade that I am continually hearing rumors about...the names are sketchy, and all over the map, but it is a three-way trade involving Fla, Van, and NJ.

Florida would end up with Jovanowski and Cloutier (or possibly Bertuzzi), Langenbrunner, and Friesen

Vancouver would end up with Luongo and Brylin

NJ would end up with a three high draft picks

As I said, these players are all highly speculative, especially the NJ guys. Very hard to get specifics, but there is enough smoke about this one to merit discussion at least. I will give the fact that this trade is being discussed an (e2) rating...but I will not give an e rating to any of the players except Luongo.

oooook.... friesen, Langenbrunner & Brylin... nice isn't :boogie:

Edited by moustic

That's part of Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate)'s latest post.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep, I just read that myself. Way too speculative if you ask me. First we sign Bondra then get rid of only 4.5 mil of the cap we need to get rid of? Not likely. Plus Kozlov would be more likely to be on the block than Brylin. Lou knows he's as a part of the heart of this team as Stevens even (maybe a little farfetched but not by much :D ). He's been the unsung hero voted by the players i don't know how many years running. I think our speculations here yesterday are more accurate than Ecklund. You think maybe his "sources" are a dartboard and a bunch of pictures of players. IMHO of course.

Why would Brylin be traded? He probably doesn't look attractive to other teams, but we all know how important he is here.

I also doubt we'd dump scoring wingers for picks, when offense is our weakness right now.