The Official Devils GAME WORN Jersey Thread

DevilinLA

On 8/30/2021 at 4:38 PM, DevsMan84 said:

Since the Simmonds jersey, I went back and picked up two more Devils gamers from the Meigray summer sale.  Barring anything unforeseen, I think that is all for the summer sale for me.

Havlat 14-15 white set 2

Clowe 13-14 white set 3

Main, those are a couple of painful ones, heh heh.

13 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Main, those are a couple of painful ones, heh heh.

Both were definitely hampered by their injuries in their times here.  Havlat though was more "finished" as a player than Clowe who put up decent numbers but his head was scrambled by the time he was here.

Lately I have been on a kick of getting players who were Devils for brief periods, but largely made their names/careers on other teams.  In addition to the two I picked up, I have added over the past year Simmonds, Kamensky, Hrdina, Maroon, Sullivan, and Zidlicky (eh I would argue he had some good years in NJ though).

I have a few others that fall under that category on my radar as well, including Cammalleri.

As a quick aside, while looking up jerseys on Meigray, I totally forgot that the Devils had Tlusty for a season (well partial season as he got injured IIRC).  What's funny is that I remember players like Kostopolous, Olesz and Komisarek (he only played with the Devils in the preseason!) more than Tlusty lol.

Totally forgot about Tlusty.  Yeah Zids was a solid player for a bit...Cammalleri was too (first two seasons here, when healthy), but he was injury-prone and as we well know, injury-prone guys don't tend to get any less injury-prone as they age.  Havlat was a "what the hell" (think he signed for relative pennies at $1.5 mil IIRC) that probably got a shot due to being a close pal of Elias, as much as anything else.  I know he had some injury issues, but I also remember him becoming a healthy scratch, and chafing about it plenty...but yeah, he was pretty much done when the Devils got him.

Interesting how different types of players/jerseys appeal to different collectors.  I would have minimal interest in Havlat and Clowe types...but that's also because I like to wear them to games.    

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Totally forgot about Tlusty.  Yeah Zids was a solid player for a bit...Cammalleri was too (first two seasons here, when healthy), but he was injury-prone and as we well know, injury-prone guys don't tend to get any less injury-prone as they age.  Havlat was a "what the hell" (think he signed for relative pennies at $1.5 mil IIRC) that probably got a shot due to being a close pal of Elias, as much as anything else.  I know he had some injury issues, but I also remember him becoming a healthy scratch, and chafing about it plenty...but yeah, he was pretty much done when the Devils got him.

Interesting how different types of players/jerseys appeal to different collectors.  I would have minimal interest in Havlat and Clowe types...but that's also because I like to wear them to games.    

Cammalleri had good production in his first two seasons (especially his second one IIRC), but they were cut short by injuries.  His third season was brutal though and I think he went on like a 15-20 game goal-less streak at one point.

Havlat just looked like he had nothing left when he was here.  Hell, he was finished after his last season in Minnesota in 2011.

It's a weird little niche to have.  For more recent players it is easier to find, but for players from 10+ years ago it is a bit of an adventure.  I have never seen a game worn Devils Bob Corkum.  I have also never seen a game worn Phil Housley though I have heard someone claim they saw one.  Same with O'Donnell.  However, I have seen a Tikkanen, Bodger, Ellett, Bombardir and Zyuzin.  There was a Zyuzin up for sale about a year or so ago and I am kicking myself for not buying it.

• 1 month later...

Kraken partners with Meigray to handle their game worn/used program.  Meigray now has 8 teams they are partners with (Boston, Columbus, Edmonton, Nashville, NJ, Philly, and Washington and the other seven).  As with Vegas a few years back, it looks like the Kraken game worn jerseys are already hot commodities:

Since we announced our partnership one week ago, we have received more than 225 requests for Seattle’s’ Inaugural Season Game-Worn Jerseys. So that we can handle these requests in the fairest way possible, we have created these Inaugural Season Program Procedures.

Here is how it will work:

 Beginning immediately, please contact us to remove you from the request list if you are not interested in a Warm-up Puck or Jersey at the prices below. Please use the Subject Line: Kraken Opt-Out.

 Warm-Up Pucks are $50-$500.

 Game-Issueds, which will be available AFTER THE SEASON CONCLUDES, are $495 and up.

 Pre-Season Onlys, which will be available AFTER THE SEASON CONCLUDES, are $750 and up.

 Regular Season Game-Worn Jerseys are $1,250 and up.

 Note: No Made In Canada blanks will be available, as all jerseys produced are being used for our Game-Worn Program

The complete player price list will be available late next week, once the Kraken’s roster takes shape prior to their NHL Season Opener in Vegas on Tuesday, October 12, vs. the Golden Knights. MeiGray will be in Vegas that night authenticating the Kraken’s Inaugural National Hockey League game vs. the Stars. The Kraken will be wearing four special sets of Inaugural Season jerseys in this game. MeiGray will auction the First Period Set at meigrayauctions.com. The Second Period set will be available for pre-order/retail sale. The team will retain the Warmup and Third Period sets.

MGG will also travel to Seattle, where the Kraken will play their first game at Climate Pledge Arena on Saturday, October 23, vs. the Vancouver Canucks. Seattle will be wearing four special sets of jerseys for this game. MeiGray will auction the First Period Set at meigrayauctions.com. The Second Period set will be available for pre-order/retail sale. The team will retain the Warmup and Third Period sets.

In addition to these Special Inaugural Sets, the Kraken are scheduled to wear three sets of home jerseys and three sets of road jerseys over the majority of the 82-game NHL regular season.

• 2 weeks later...

Meigray is auctioning off the inaugural Kraken jerseys (worn against Vegas)…threw in a bid on Bastian, mostly because he at least has Devils ties…thought it might be a cool grab too.  Don’t expect to win…not going to go insanely high for a non-Devils GW.

…aaaaaaaand Bastian already up to $530.  Yeah don’t think I’ll be winning that one.

In on Borgen and Bastian so far.  Agree, I suspect every lot will be $1k minimum.  Grubauer is already over $2700.  Bastian and Tanev are already up to $930.  The only way I'll wind up with one of these is if one falls into my lap...I'm just not willing to go very high on these.

Agree, it's a very solid design.  

And will be interesting to see where Grubauer tops out at.  Already over $3k.  And five lots now over $1k.  

I think Seattle had a huge miss by not making the patch specifically say inaugural game.  The ones that are on there are inaugural season and only the set tag on the inside of the jersey mentions it is from the inaugural game.

Vegas had an inaugural game patch for their first ever game vs the Stars and those sold like hot cakes.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

@Colorado Rockies 1976 are you still in on any of the Kraken jerseys?

Still in on Bastian and Borgen, but expect to be outbid anyday.  Bastian hasn't moved in a while, but the current bids are pretty close to my top bid.  I wasn't willing to go crazy high for these.  

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Still in on Bastian and Borgen, but expect to be outbid anyday.  Bastian hasn't moved in a while, but the current bids are pretty close to my top bid.  I wasn't willing to go crazy high for these.  

Yeah I think they all go for crazy money.  Good luck on the bidding!

I believe right after that there is an auction for their first home game jerseys as well.

3 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

Yeah I think they all go for crazy money.  Good luck on the bidding!

I believe right after that there is an auction for their first home game jerseys as well.

I think those who lose out on some of higher-bid auctions will start pivoting to the "cheaper" lots.  Yeah would be surprised to see any of them go for less than $1k by the time all is said and done.  I wasn't willing to go that high, and at last check, nine of the lost are now over $1k.  

Gotta admit, I was more thinking "investment" with these.  As you I wear my GI/GW to games...since I wear something underneath them at all times, and am careful, at some point I'll be able to sell them (or my daughter can...I plan to give her all of them later in life, at which point she can keep them, sell them, whatever makes her happy).  I have COAs for most of them as well.  But I was planning on keeping the Seattle jerseys packed up, and then maybe 10-15 years for now, seeing what I could get for them.  Not that I'm expected some huge windfall, but being that they'll be the VERY first regular season jerseys donned (well, Bastian's is...Borgen is a GI), maybe some Kraken enthusiast would be interesting in snagging one.  

On 12/9/2019 at 11:44 AM, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Briefly toyed with buying my daughter one of the HFCs...but she wouldn't be able to wear one for quite some time...as an eleven-year-old she's 5' 3", but obviously would have to get to at least 5' 9" or so before she'd fit in even the smallest of these. 

As a 13-year-old, she's now 5' 8".  I got her one of the no-name no-number lavender HFC jerseys off Meigray (clearance...it's a 52), and she has to cuff up the sleeves, but it fits her pretty well.  My wife had a replica CCM Stevens (bought it back in 2000 I believe...no 2000 label on it though...man those CCM replicas were so much better made than the Adidas versions)...and it now fits my daughter PERFECTLY (along with the old #16 authentic Verbeek that I have).  Love that she's able to fit into these!  I have a feeling that she's going to make it to 5' 10" or so...she'll able to fit into some others as well if she gets that tall.

Somehow still in on Borgen, with three days and change left…thought I’d have been outbid by now.  His jersey is only a GI, so maybe that’s a factor (he has yet to appear in a game for the Kraken).

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Somehow still in on Borgen, with three days and change left…thought I’d have been outbid by now.  His jersey is only a GI, so maybe that’s a factor (he has yet to appear in a game for the Kraken).

I think you may have a chance on Borgen.  I do think it will likely go for ~$1K

• 1 month later...

Been a little slow for me lately.  Got the below over the past 2-3 months:

Jack Hughes 20-21 white set 2 - Worn on 4/25/21 in Philly and is photomatched

Mike Cammalleri 16-17 white set 1 - Worn in 17 games, has custom tightened cuffs and is a wee size 52.  He scored 7 goals and 2 assist in this jersey including a hat trick in Carolina on 11/6/16.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.