All Jersey Talk

mmajeski06

From IceJerseys:

Basically Replica refers to anything that isn't engineered to the exact specifications as the jersey worn on the ice by the players.

Authentic: Exactly what the pros wear

Reebok Premier: Looks like the real deal, but no reinforced stitching, everything is heat pressed on and not sewn (unless you do the customization from other stores, where the letters and numbers will be stitched). There is jock tag on the front with size information. The front logo is not stitched on, but pressed on.

CCM Replica: Looks like the authentic CCMs, everything is stitched on, the material is just lighter than the real deal. CCM had the best replicas.

Thank you. You helped a lot. :cheers:

So my 20 West order from ebay got canceled since after I won the store contacted me telling me they no longer have the Red CCM jerseys in stock. I got a refund pretty quick. Just won another CCM Red Brodeur for $60 so I ended up saving 50 bucks. I'll post pictures when it arrives.

Is there anything I can read regarding fake baseball jerseys? I buy those as well and would love a primer on them like the Hockey jersey one.

Mike

Is there anything I can read regarding fake baseball jerseys? I buy those as well and would love a primer on them like the Hockey jersey one.

Mike

I tend to see less fake jerseys from other sports. I think that is mostly due from the fact that they are cheaper and tend to be more basic and uniform, while hockey jersey designs can be a little nuts.

Yeah, I kinda figured that. I was reading the article on the hockey fakes and read a line where if there is brown paper on the inside, behind the lettering or emblem then it's a fake. My buddy just got a Mauer Twins home jersey and I remember him complaining about the brown papering. I dont have the heart to tell him it's a fake cause he likes it so much and was bragging about spending only 75.00. It does look good though. I was gonna order a Sanchez Jets jersey from the guy until I read that line from the article.

Mike

Finally got my Elias Vintage Xmas tree jersey, all they way in Australia :)

We have hockey nights here during the hockey season, so will have to get some photos when the season starts up when im rocking it :)

so my jersey collection is now up to 4:

Red CCM Plain

Red Reebok Replica Parise (No (A) - got it in 08-09)

White Reebok Replica Brodeur

Vintage CCM Elias

I want one more jersey, this time an Edge Authentic (want to have atleast one in my collection). Just gotta decide a player at some stage.

damo, How popular is hockey in Australia? Is it hard to see games?

Mike

Just took advantage of this:

Sale.jpg

Got a throwback Daneyko fully customized for $150.

Also my Brodeur jersey from ebay arrived today...totally happy with it. Great deal for $50.

Edited by mmajeski06

Check this site out

http://www.tarajersey.com/en/products.asp?typeid=343

Check out the lettering on the Brodeur throwback. Looks a bit crooked to me. Being a jersey novice,just how bad are these knock offs?

Mike

damo, How popular is hockey in Australia? Is it hard to see games?

Mike

i got a subscription to NHL Gamecenter, so i see every game live. Great way to see it. Im a mature age student now, so having mornings off to watch the Devils is bliss :)

the hockey nights we have in a particular bar is very popular, with 50+ people in attendance every night we do it - once every 3 to 4 weeks, showing 2 games in a night.

we have our own Australian league, but frankly, its just not the quality that the NHL is - but since its during the NHL off season, any hockey is good hockey.

Thanks!

One more question.

How do Reebok Premier jerseys stack up against the CCM 550 size wise?

I have worn CCMs and know what size I am in those. But how do I know which Premier to order?

I have an Edge size 50 and it fits good just has really long sleeves for me.

So what size Premier should I get?

Edited by Bryan

I tend to see less fake jerseys from other sports. I think that is mostly due from the fact that they are cheaper and tend to be more basic and uniform, while hockey jersey designs can be a little nuts.

I believe alot of that is due to where the jerseys are manufactured. If the plants are overseas, you'll find more knockoffs then if they are made within the US. That is a large reason why RBK is bootlegged like they are. You never saw it happen this badly with hockey when CCM made the jerseys and if you did, they were really, really sorry looking knockoffs.

I believe alot of that is due to where the jerseys are manufactured. If the plants are overseas, you'll find more knockoffs then if they are made within the US. That is a large reason why RBK is bootlegged like they are. You never saw it happen this badly with hockey when CCM made the jerseys and if you did, they were really, really sorry looking knockoffs.

That is true too as I remember my old-style CCM jerseys have Made in Canada on them. I only have 1 jersey that is a replica Edge style and never really looked as to where those are made. Anyone know off-hand where these are made? My guess China or Indonesia or someplace over there.

• 4 weeks later...

Why do you think that most hockey jerseys make for terrible knockoffs? I have seen Jets and Yankees knockoffs that look just as good as the legits, but with hockey, someone always points out what's wrong with the jersey and that seems to happen alot more with hockey then any other sport.

Mike

Why do you think that most hockey jerseys make for terrible knockoffs? I have seen Jets and Yankees knockoffs that look just as good as the legits, but with hockey, someone always points out what's wrong with the jersey and that seems to happen alot more with hockey then any other sport.

Mike

I think if they used a normal tackle twill for the logo and letters, they would be so much better.instead of the shiny dazzle material.

Are these fakes? I'm thinking they are.

http://cnj.craigslist.org/spo/1899411397.html

Mike

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.