Amtrak restaurant at Rock

oat77

Don't know if this is a new restaurant or just branding the restaurant thats there already.

Amtrak Allies Acela With Nets and Devils

Amtrak said Wednesday that it signed a three-year deal to have the name of its high-speed train, the Acela, on an up-scale restaurant in the Prudential Center in Newark, a regular stop on the railroad’s Northeast Corridor.

Never mind. Saw this on Devils website

Acela Club arrives at Prudential Center

Prudential Center announced the arena’s premium service restaurant will now be known as the Acela Club, as a part of a new 3-year Amtrak partnership with the arena.
Edited by oat77

I feel the restaurant is a real dud.. I mean do fans not eating there or in a suite actually go and hang out at the bar there before games? I wouldn't even know how to get there.. They need to let fans know it's a place anyone can go, they just sort of hint at it right now..

Plus I heard it's $75 per person on top of the meal bill to sit there for the game, which is stupid because you also had to pay for your ticket to get in even though you'll be sitting in the restaurant anyway

It's not $75 on top of the bill, it's a minimum purchase type thing. I went to the restaurant once each of the first two years and wound up spending about $175 total for two of us. When you consider the food, seat location, etc., it's not awful. Each time we went were for games we got free or very cheap tickets for, too, so that helped.

It's not $75 on top of the bill, it's a minimum purchase type thing. I went to the restaurant once each of the first two years and wound up spending about $175 total for two of us. When you consider the food, seat location, etc., it's not awful. Each time we went were for games we got free or very cheap tickets for, too, so that helped.

We had people use their buy-one-get-one free coupons (from JVB for season ticket holders) last season and they said they were charged half off of food as part of the offer, but still had to pay $75 per person because they sat at the ledge.. I could have sworn that's what happened to them because the offer was on food only and they said they were given 50% off on food but had to pay for their seats at the ledge.. Wish that thread was still available to look at :noclue:

Possible that the buy one/get one bought the total down to below the $75 threshold? I'm pretty sure it's a $75 per person minimum to sit there. Also, I only vaguely remember that BOGO deal, I don't think I was eligible for it. Could have been a fine print thing maybe?

That or things have changed since I was there last, which is entirely possible as I didn't go at all last season. If it really is $75 on top of the food, then it's certainly not worth it, but I've had an enjoyable time both times I went.

Possible that the buy one/get one bought the total down to below the $75 threshold? I'm pretty sure it's a $75 per person minimum to sit there. Also, I only vaguely remember that BOGO deal, I don't think I was eligible for it. Could have been a fine print thing maybe?

That or things have changed since I was there last, which is entirely possible as I didn't go at all last season. If it really is $75 on top of the food, then it's certainly not worth it, but I've had an enjoyable time both times I went.

Their website agrees with you but I really feel like I remember it the way I said.. Oh well.. Yeah it's not a bad seat for $75 if you can get an admission ticket for cheap

Their website agrees with you but I really feel like I remember it the way I said.. Oh well.. Yeah it's not a bad seat for $75 if you can get an admission ticket for cheap

Box office price is $255 a ticket for ledge seats, these are the seats you can watch the game from. Of course this $255 price includes the all you can eat buffet (but no beer or wine?)...

The restaurant is $75 a person for the buffet alone, which does not include a seat where you can watch the game. If it is the same as last year the $75 includes (2) drinks, beer or wine. If it is $75 to seat in the ledge seats if you already have tickets...I want my money back!

If you can get 10 people together and go through group sales, the ledge seats come down to $155 or so each.

I got tickets to the ledge last year and this year. However my tickets for this "year", are not till March.

Edited by Dead

Ok here's the deal with the restaurant. If you just want the buffet it is NOT $75. It's $42 and you can sit at the regular restaurant tables. You can also order from a menu if the buffet isn't up your alley. The food selection changes daily and it really has some decent stuff on it. Is it worth $42? Probably not, but are the chicken fingers worth $9.50? If you want to sit on the ledge for the game, it's $75, includes the buffet and two drinks, including alcohol. You can make reservations for this or just show up and ask if there's any ledge seaing available. I'd say it's best to get a $10 seat and try it. There is a bar at the restaurant that ANYONE can go to and they have a bar menu. The bar faces the practice rink. I've gone there several times before games and the prices are ridiculous but the food is great. To get to the restaurant and bar, just go up the stairs that are just past the Fire Lounge. Just tell the lady at the bottom and top of the stairs you're going to the restaurant and they'll point you to it. If you want to go to the bar just walk in and if anyone asks, just say you're going to the bar.

Ok here's the deal with the restaurant. If you just want the buffet it is NOT $75. It's $42 and you can sit at the regular restaurant tables. You can also order from a menu if the buffet isn't up your alley. The food selection changes daily and it really has some decent stuff on it. Is it worth $42? Probably not, but are the chicken fingers worth $9.50? If you want to sit on the ledge for the game, it's $75, includes the buffet and two drinks, including alcohol. You can make reservations for this or just show up and ask if there's any ledge seaing available. I'd say it's best to get a $10 seat and try it. There is a bar at the restaurant that ANYONE can go to and they have a bar menu. The bar faces the practice rink. I've gone there several times before games and the prices are ridiculous but the food is great. To get to the restaurant and bar, just go up the stairs that are just past the Fire Lounge. Just tell the lady at the bottom and top of the stairs you're going to the restaurant and they'll point you to it. If you want to go to the bar just walk in and if anyone asks, just say you're going to the bar.

So what is that $255 charge that is on the seating chart for? Thanks for clarifying but I think that is the number that is thrown around by the Devils that keep screwing people up.

So what is that $255 charge that is on the seating chart for? Thanks for clarifying but I think that is the number that is thrown around by the Devils that keep screwing people up.

Just my two cents since I’ve been to the restaurant a few times as well. All you need to do is have a ticket that gets you into the arena and make reservations ahead of time. ANY ticket is fine – I noticed a lot of season ticket holders at the restaurant during their free comp games. The ledge has two rows of seating. $75 gets you the buffet, 2 alcoholic beverages and a seat in the 2nd row of ledge seats to watch the game. The $255 charge is for the row below (about 4 steps down – no joke). You get more alcohol and I believe 1 sexual favor. Just go with the $75 if you plan on trying it.

Just my two cents since I’ve been to the restaurant a few times as well. All you need to do is have a ticket that gets you into the arena and make reservations ahead of time. ANY ticket is fine – I noticed a lot of season ticket holders at the restaurant during their free comp games. The ledge has two rows of seating. $75 gets you the buffet, 2 alcoholic beverages and a seat in the 2nd row of ledge seats to watch the game. The $255 charge is for the row below (about 4 steps down – no joke). You get more alcohol and I believe 1 sexual favor. Just go with the $75 if you plan on trying it.

Damn I knew I should have asked the hot waitress for that sexual favor! I thought it would cost extra however. Guess I am demanding it this season... Just have to figure out how to get the GF to look the other way during the game since she will be sitting next to me..