588 replies to this topic

#481 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:47 AM

At the Alice Cooper/Iron Maiden concert monday night Alice Cooper came out wearing a Devils jersey. "Cooper - 18"

Yeah well he was also wearing a Phillies jersey Friday night at the show in Camden so whatever.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#482 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,916 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:11 PM

He's a big hockey fan though, which is cool. Coyotes, I believe, since he lives in Arizona.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#483 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,249 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:52 AM

Might be going to the Glassjaw show tonight at irving plaza at 12am or might go to the show tomorrow at 7pm. Might go to both. They are playing worship and tribute in it's entirety.

Edited by Satans Hockey, 07 July 2012 - 10:10 AM.

#484 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,993 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:59 PM

Coop

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#485 Microwavepizza

Microwavepizza

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:40 AM

that hat is super awesome
POTATO!!!

#486 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,916 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:16 PM

Alice Cooper in a Devils jersey and a Chris Jericho "fvck You I'm Sparkling" jacket? Amazing.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.

#487 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,993 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:46 AM

Mayhem Festival Aug. 4 in Scranton, Pa.

#488 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,916 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:06 AM

Saw Death Cab For Cutie last week, not bad.

Sunday it's Sigur Ros at the Mann Center in Philly. I expect that to be incredible.

Possibly seeing Bouncing Souls again in early August. Then it's RiotFest (Gaslight Anthem, Iggy Pop, Elvis Costello, Gogol Bordello, Coheed & Cambria, etc etc) in Chicago in September.

And probably Third Eye Blind at the Stone Pony the week after that.

#489 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:26 PM

Saw:

Dave Matthews Band in Camden 6/27 (With Head and the Heart)
Dave Matthews Band in Hershey 6/29 (With Head and the Heart)
Dave Matthews Band in Bethel Woods NY 6/30 (With Delta Spirit)

Seeing:

Grace Potter and the Nocturnals in Philly 9/24
Dave Matthews Band in Charlottesville VA 11/16
Dave Matthews Band in Charlottesville VA 11/17
Dave Matthews Band at Madison Square Garden 11/19
Dave Matthews Band at Madison Square Garden 11/20

#490 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,279 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:38 PM

Saw:

Seeing:

I'm sorry but DMB is just terrible, terrible music.

#491 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,993 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:41 PM

Saw:

Seeing:

I'm sensing a theme there, lol.

Dave Matthews is also going to be at Farm Aid at Hersheypark Stadium in Pennsylvania Sept. 22. My friend is taking his whole family. He asked me if I want to take mine too; I'm not sure yet. I'm not a big fan, but my wife is.

Edited by 95Crash, 27 July 2012 - 01:44 PM.

#492 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 10:53 AM

I'm sensing a theme there, lol.

Dave Matthews is also going to be at Farm Aid at Hersheypark Stadium in Pennsylvania Sept. 22. My friend is taking his whole family. He asked me if I want to take mine too; I'm not sure yet. I'm not a big fan, but my wife is.

It's just going to be Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds acoustic. I would go obviously haha so that's my advice to you. Dave and Tim provide a very interesting perspective on DMB music. Tim is also an amazing guitarist.

#493 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 10:56 AM

I'm sorry but DMB is just terrible, terrible music.

Well they, that's your opinion.

They have 8 multi platinum studio albums and are one of the top grossing live acts in the world for 20 years. So a lot may disagree with you.
They are some of the best musicians in the business. When all is said and done this year after the second MSG show that'll be my 23rd... I still see songs I've never heard live before because they always mix up the sets.

What do you listen to?

#494 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,279 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 11:16 AM

Well they, that's your opinion.

They have 8 multi platinum studio albums and are one of the top grossing live acts in the world for 20 years. So a lot may disagree with you.
They are some of the best musicians in the business. When all is said and done this year after the second MSG show that'll be my 23rd... I still see songs I've never heard live before because they always mix up the sets.

What do you listen to?

Saw roger waters at Yankee stadium after seeing him in 2010 and 2006. The wall is the third best selling album of all time in America and dark side of the moon is the longest charting album of all time on billboard. That album has been cited by some as arguably the best selling rock/pop album of all time worldwide if you count all formats. So yeah him and pink Floyd are pretty good.

I like mostly classic rock.

I hate whiney, overly preachy white guys whose music is a cross between phish (whom i find to be equally terrible) and thinks he is a hippy version of Bruce. Sorry but DMB is terrible and his fans are mostly 15-25 year olds who think they are reliving the 60s while having their mommys and daddy's paying for their tickets, iPhones, cars and everything else in their life.

#495 Microwavepizza

Microwavepizza

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:17 PM

went to The Deftones and System Of A Down last night @ PNC Bank Arts Center

such an awesome show. im a big deftones fan and saw them 3 times before last night, even without Chi Cheng (Who i read is slowly recovering from his Coma) they were just awesome.

I've never seen SOAD before, so this was exciting for me.They were crisp as hell. Sounded great. The crowd was REALLY into it, which always makes the experience that much better
It was a nice hour and a half set full of songs from all albums. Just really an excellent live band
POTATO!!!

#496 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:42 AM

went to The Deftones and System Of A Down last night @ PNC Bank Arts Center

such an awesome show. im a big deftones fan and saw them 3 times before last night, even without Chi Cheng (Who i read is slowly recovering from his Coma) they were just awesome.

I've never seen SOAD before, so this was exciting for me.They were crisp as hell. Sounded great. The crowd was REALLY into it, which always makes the experience that much better
It was a nice hour and a half set full of songs from all albums. Just really an excellent live band

Yeah man that show was awesome! Hopefully they keep touring and it's not another six years until they come back. They didn't play anything from Steal this Album though.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#497 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,916 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:44 AM

System of a Down are a really solid live band, wish I could have made it Saturday night.

Just looked at the setlist, glad to see they played Radio/Video, probably my favorite song off that album and the only one I've never seen them play live.

--------

Sigur Ros was absolutely incredible, as expected. I highly recommend seeing them live, even if you think you're not into their music. Incredible experience.

Didn't go to Bouncing Souls last night.

Next up for me is Riotfest in Chicago next month. Then Third Eye Blind at the Stone Pony (SummerStage show). Might try to catch The Royal Concept at Santos in November too.

#498 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:25 AM

Saw roger waters at Yankee stadium after seeing him in 2010 and 2006. The wall is the third best selling album of all time in America and dark side of the moon is the longest charting album of all time on billboard. That album has been cited by some as arguably the best selling rock/pop album of all time worldwide if you count all formats. So yeah him and pink Floyd are pretty good.

I like mostly classic rock.

I hate whiney, overly preachy white guys whose music is a cross between phish (whom i find to be equally terrible) and thinks he is a hippy version of Bruce. Sorry but DMB is terrible and his fans are mostly 15-25 year olds who think they are reliving the 60s while having their mommys and daddy's paying for their tickets, iPhones, cars and everything else in their life.

Quite the stereotypical view I must say. At the show at Bethel Woods NY this year, Most of the crowd was 25 and up. Not many college or high school kids at all. Maybe you're thinking of OAR? I also bought my own tickets, car, and iPhone.
Your view of the 15-25 year old "fan" is also a stereotype you can stick on fans of any popular act in today's music industry. Your musical taste is better than I thought it would be with Floyd and Waters.

The problem you have is your use of the word "terrible." Trey Anastasio of Phish is one of the better guitar players around today. Every single member of Dave Matthews Band is also immensely talented. You simply just don't get excited by the music which is fine.

I also cannot stand Bruce Springsteen and Bon Jovi. Talentless hacks that make millions of dollars recycling material. You could play a game where you line up any verse of a Bon Jovi song with any chorus of any Bon Jovi song and they all go together. You could also go to a show and know beforehand what at least 10-15 songs are going to be. I've been to 19 DMB shows and have heard my favorite song ONCE.

I don't know where you come off calling Dave preachy either. Their last album, Big Whisky, most of the songs are about sex and being dirty. The most political song is Dive In and it's about a relationship told in the theme of global warming. One song on that album could be "preachy."

#499 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,279 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:50 AM

Quite the stereotypical view I must say. At the show at Bethel Woods NY this year, Most of the crowd was 25 and up. Not many college or high school kids at all. Maybe you're thinking of OAR? I also bought my own tickets, car, and iPhone.
Your view of the 15-25 year old "fan" is also a stereotype you can stick on fans of any popular act in today's music industry. Your musical taste is better than I thought it would be with Floyd and Waters.

The problem you have is your use of the word "terrible." Trey Anastasio of Phish is one of the better guitar players around today. Every single member of Dave Matthews Band is also immensely talented. You simply just don't get excited by the music which is fine.

I also cannot stand Bruce Springsteen and Bon Jovi. Talentless hacks that make millions of dollars recycling material. You could play a game where you line up any verse of a Bon Jovi song with any chorus of any Bon Jovi song and they all go together. You could also go to a show and know beforehand what at least 10-15 songs are going to be. I've been to 19 DMB shows and have heard my favorite song ONCE.

I don't know where you come off calling Dave preachy either. Their last album, Big Whisky, most of the songs are about sex and being dirty. The most political song is Dive In and it's about a relationship told in the theme of global warming. One song on that album could be "preachy."

Phish and DMB is just terrible music. They are preachy as could be and every single fan of either are usually in the 15-25 age group, but for Phish I will say that it is probably more like 18-35.

Fans of both groups tend to think they are the 2000's version of the Deadheads back in the 60's. The difference is that when I hear the Grateful Dead I can at least hear their distinctiveness and their talents while Phish is desperately trying to imitate them and DMB just sounds like every lame, whiney lone white guy act with a multicultural band behind him to show how diverse he is.

#500 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:29 PM

Phish and DMB is just terrible music. They are preachy as could be and every single fan of either are usually in the 15-25 age group, but for Phish I will say that it is probably more like 18-35.

Fans of both groups tend to think they are the 2000's version of the Deadheads back in the 60's. The difference is that when I hear the Grateful Dead I can at least hear their distinctiveness and their talents while Phish is desperately trying to imitate them and DMB just sounds like every lame, whiney lone white guy act with a multicultural band behind him to show how diverse he is.

Well that's the end of our music conversation. You are absolutely 100% entitled not to like certain music... but you've more than shown me that you have absolutely no idea what the hell you are talking about. First of all... DMB fans are ages 25-50

The band has one of the absolute best drummers in the world, Carter Beauford:

One of the best sax players in the biz Jeff Coffin:

A bass player that regularly plays Bach masterpieces on the bass as a solo during shows http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Kd2HezxT04

A violin player that can play any style of music and absolutely jams his ass off http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knCjwOD2dQc

Of course you're probably not going to watch any of this because you don't want to be proved wrong...

But you really are ridiculous.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users