What a waste of time.

#1422 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:40 PM

I just wish this didn't ruin all of the backup plans if he chooses to sign elsewhere.

#1423 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,526 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:43 PM

I just wish this didn't ruin all of the backup plans if he chooses to sign elsewhere.

Luckily, everyone else seems to be waiting on him and Suter, for all intensive purposes.

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#1424 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:44 PM

We are well on our way to 100 pages here folks....

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#1425 JohnnyP.

JohnnyP.

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:45 PM

Ridiculous. This is our Captain, still. There's no one out there worth dropping this for now. Sal is the least of our worries.

It is Ridiculous to drop NJ pursuit of it's Captain...

But at same time it does irk me that he is having such a tough time deciding -

Devils traded up in draft to get him, Devils have surrounded him with good players, Made him the captain, just went to the freaking Cup a month ago. The team is good, he said the Devils offer is a very competitive offer, - Be loyal, this is your team, the team you wear the C on - Staying in NEW JERSEY should be easier decision. Just my thoughts

#1426 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:46 PM

Luckily, everyone else seems to be waiting on him and Suter, for all intensive purposes.

Intents and purposes.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#1427 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,388 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:47 PM

im not sure its a good news that he's heading back to his family... of course it could be simply cause he cant make up his mind, take a step back and want to talk about it....

but if he needs to talk to his fiancé about it it im just a bit worried that its because something new came up (like the late push by chicago) im pretty sure they have talked about staying in NJ, move to minny, pittsburgh, detroit already and he knows what she think about it... so if he need to talk to his fiancé again mayyyyybe

OR it could be that he's willing to take a lot less money to stay in NJ and be sure she's okay eating more kraft dinners than expected....

www.SterioDesign.com

#1428 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,266 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:48 PM

Guys, he's taken two freakin days so far to decide.

He's making a choice that will likely affect his life for the next 10+ years, chill the hell out.

Stop acting like he owes us something as fans. I'd say he's earned the right to take some time here.

rsz_2ru-uc9709.jpg

Rutgers:  The Birthplace of College Football

First B1G Season: 7-5

#1429 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,463 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:50 PM

This is exactly why I went to make a post in this thread. Now that some of the plan B, C and D's we had for the offseason are not available, what do you think is the next best option if we don't re-sign Parise? Paranteau is in COL now, Hudler to CGY, so what do we do if things go south with Zach? Is Semin really that heartless? Or has he just not been whipped into shape by the right coach/organization? Jagr was mentioned by a few people here, but he just wants the cash, so he's not being had for <$3.5M.

I really wanted Paranteau, whether we signed Parise or not, since he's a RH RW, but now that he's lost, I think Semin could be possible. If his alleged character flaws have really driven down the price on him, it may not be a bad pick up. We're two days into the FA season and pretty much ZERO has been said about Semin. That can't be good for him. I can only assume that he's asking for $5-6M+ and teams are saying no way. If the price of Semin gets down to $4-4.5M, I think he can be a good value. If he can be had for <5 years@<$5M, it's not bad. If it works, you get a steal, if not, dump him for whatever you can get come the trade deadline, nothing lost, nothing gained, right?

*Disclaimer: This is just speculation and my personal thoughts, so don't shoot me.*

#1430 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,007 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:51 PM

im not sure its a good news that he's heading back to his family... of course it could be simply cause he cant make up his mind, take a step back and want to talk about it....

but if he needs to talk to his fiancé about it it im just a bit worried that its because something new came up (like the late push by chicago) im pretty sure they have talked about staying in NJ, move to minny, pittsburgh, detroit already and he knows what she think about it... so if he need to talk to his fiancé again mayyyyybe

OR it could be that he's willing to take a lot less money to stay in NJ and be sure she's okay eating more kraft dinners than expected....

Dude, his fiance isn't Lady MacBeth.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#1431 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:54 PM

Intents and purposes.

Pet peeve of mine when people write that...

I laugh everytime I see it....

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#1432 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,007 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:55 PM

This is exactly why I went to make a post in this thread. Now that some of the plan B, C and D's we had for the offseason are not available, what do you think is the next best option if we don't re-sign Parise? Paranteau is in COL now, Hudler to CGY, so what do we do if things go south with Zach? Is Semin really that heartless? Or has he just not been whipped into shape by the right coach/organization? Jagr was mentioned by a few people here, but he just wants the cash, so he's not being had for <$3.5M.

I really wanted Paranteau, whether we signed Parise or not, since he's a RH RW, but now that he's lost, I think Semin could be possible. If his alleged character flaws have really driven down the price on him, it may not be a bad pick up. We're two days into the FA season and pretty much ZERO has been said about Semin. That can't be good for him. I can only assume that he's asking for $5-6M+ and teams are saying no way. If the price of Semin gets down to $4-4.5M, I think he can be a good value. If he can be had for <5 years@<$5M, it's not bad. If it works, you get a steal, if not, dump him for whatever you can get come the trade deadline, nothing lost, nothing gained, right?

*Disclaimer: This is just speculation and my personal thoughts, so don't shoot me.*

I wanted no part of Parenteau or Hudler. Semin is a good plan B on a short-term deal, and would actually be a pretty good plan A.

Pet peeve of mine when people write that...

I laugh everytime I see it....

Yeah, I had it out with someone over that who will remain nameless.

Not as bad though as "irregardless" or misusing "begs the question."

Edited by Daniel, 02 July 2012 - 04:59 PM.

Posted Image
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.

#1433 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:56 PM

Rich Chere ‏@Ledger_NJDevils
According to Parise's agent, Wade Arnott, a decision might still be announced tonight. If not, then tomorrow.

n2eg.jpg

#1434 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:57 PM

At this point I'm fully expecting him to sign with the Heat
'05-'06 Hobey Baker Award Winner (Best Rookie Poster)

*click click* *whistle whistle* "Its my thing, my trademark...its what I do."

#1435 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:58 PM

I am a moron. Chere posted Devils talking to Arnott and I thought it was Jason

:rolling: :argh:

#1436 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Or the Lakers.

n2eg.jpg

#1437 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Hahaha THE DECISION Part 2

#1438 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,463 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:02 PM

I wanted no part of Parenteau or Hudler. Semin is a good plan B on a short-term deal, and would actually be a pretty good plan A.

Yeah, I had it out with someone over that who will remain nameless.

Not as bad though as "irregardless" or misusing "begs the question."

What did you not like about Paranteau? I know the money both he a Hudler got was a bit more than I was thinking. I thought that if Paranteau could have been gotten for $3.5ish per, it wouldn't be bad, so $4M isn't awful.

Rich Chere ‏@Ledger_NJDevils
According to Parise's agent, Wade Arnott, a decision might still be announced tonight. If not, then tomorrow.

So today it is. Or tomorrow. Glad they cleared that up for us, lol.

#1439 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,463 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:11 PM

Parenteau I was good with. I think he would fit our first line RW with Zajac and Kovy. Hudler, I was farrrr less enthusiastic about and definitely not at 4M per. Jay Feaster is an idiot.

Its also a really safe bet that Semin isn't doing anything until Zach decides. Thats why I don't get the kneejerking about backup plans. This isn't a Niedermayer situation. That year there was quite a bit available when they took too long, but this year is different. There's not a whole lot on the market this year for UFA fwds, and no one is out there now worth making a rash decision about.

Let's figure out what Zach is doing and then move on. I imagine 24 hours from now (probably less), he will be decided.

Even guys like Carle and Sal are also waiting for Suter. Their value will go up when the losers in the race for these guys have to get someone else.

#1440 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,007 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:21 PM

What did you not like about Paranteau? I know the money both he a Hudler got was a bit more than I was thinking. I thought that if Paranteau could have been gotten for $3.5ish per, it wouldn't be bad, so $4M isn't awful.

He's a guy who wasn't in the NHL until 27. He put up good offensive numbers with the Isles, but I compare that to a someone who averages a lot of points for the Bobcats. Even on a bad team, someone has to put up goals and assists. It just happened to be Parenteau this time around.

I would rather take my chances in the Parise sweepstakes than sign Parenteau. I assume that we couldn't do both.

Edited by Daniel, 02 July 2012 - 05:25 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users