France Vs. Portugal

Satans Hockey

Good, I'm not normally a French fan but you can't help but root for Zidane at least on some level.

Plus I've had no use for Portugal since their Carolina Hurricane-like histrionics against Holland. Apparently they one-upped themselves against England when Rooney got red-carded. Cristiano Ronaldo - ironically a teammate of Rooney's with Manchester United - was caught winking at his bench after his bellyaching got Rooney sent off. Now Manchester United wants to boot Ronaldo off the team :rofl: Only in soccer :rolleyes:

BTW not that France are perfect either, I thought that was a bit of an acting job by Henry on the penalty in addition to being a quasi-trip. That's the culture of soccer though, they should worry less about getting physical play out and more about getting THAT out of the game, the crap dives.

Edited by Hasan4978

Rooney's red card in the England/Portugal match was well deserved.

The foul on Henry resulting in the Penalty was the correct call.

This is the same referee who RED CARDED Pablo Mastroenoni for a side tackle in the US/Italy game, yet he only cautions Carvalho (?) from Portugal for a vicious two legged from behind tackle in the second half!

Portugal was pathetic with their whining. No way was a penalty deserved when Ronaldo went flying through the air in the box shortly after France's PK.

I will be rooting for France, believe it or not. They are playing a very pleasing game to watch.

I don't normally root for France, but I did in 1998 because Brazil ALWAYS gets the calls, diving in soccer originated in South America, why do you think Brazil has won so many world cups :rolleyes:

Anyway, this horrible disease has crept into Europe, the Spanish team started it, but the Italians have mastered it, I wonder if the Avalanche and Red Wings looked at film to get these kinds of calls :noclue:

I will be rooting for France, and this is coming from an Englishman :ph34r:

As long as Henry ( a diving gunner Leeds) does not score the winning goal, I'll be happy.

I just hope that the Italians on whatever bull$hit call you like (The PK against Australia) don't win.

Vive le France.

• 2 weeks later...