2013 Miami Dolphins Thread

Daniel

I always worry about the refs when we play New England. You always seemingly have to beat two teams whenever you play them. If its close in the 4th, I fully expect some bullsh!t call to go against us.

I've seen BS calls go against NE too.  It's a league-wide problem, everywhere...no consistency and too many judgment calls.  Non-call against Carolina to end the game (should've been a hold) was a joke, but so was the PI call against the Browns yesterday.  Refs simply get in the way of too many games, and like Boomer said on the WFAN this morning, it seems like there's controversial calls every single week now in the NFL, to the point where some (a very small number, but some) even think games are fixed, either from a covering the spread or flat out win-loss standpoint.  I don't know what the solution is. 

I've seen BS calls go against NE too. It's a league-wide problem, everywhere...no consistency and too many judgment calls. Non-call against Carolina to end the game (should've been a hold) was a joke, but so was the PI call against the Browns yesterday. Refs simply get in the way of too many games, and like Boomer said on the WFAN this morning, it seems like there's controversial calls every single week now in the NFL, to the point where some (a very small number, but some) even think games are fixed, either from a covering the spread or flat out win-loss standpoint. I don't know what the solution is.

It really has gotten ridiculous. I don't know what the solution is either, other than making NFL official a full-time, year-round job- which isn't really feasible. And the league has been lacking a clear definition on PI for years. All the PI calls are judgement calls, and the worst blown PI calls always seem to come in the last couple minutes of games.

It really has gotten ridiculous. I don't know what the solution is either, other than making NFL official a full-time, year-round job- which isn't really feasible. And the league has been lacking a clear definition on PI for years. All the PI calls are judgement calls, and the worst blown PI calls always seem to come in the last couple minutes of games.

PI either needs to be challengeable or it should only be a 10 or 15 yard penalty regardless where it happens. That's the rule in college and receivers aren't getting tackled on deep routes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PI either needs to be challengeable or it should only be a 10 or 15 yard penalty regardless where it happens. That's the rule in college and receivers aren't getting tackled on deep routes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Technically they do have "minor" calls on PI....it's defensive holding or illegal contact.....it just NEVER gets called as such on those long pass plays which is absurd....

they need a "running into the QB" penalty a LOT more....getting 15 yards and an auto first down for getting blocked into the QB is a much bigger joke....

Hey Daniel- care to give me your assessment on our franchise QB? I'm curious to hear your analysis today. :P Holy sh!t- What. A. Game. And What. A. Win. I'm not even gonna have to drive to work tomorrow, I'll just float. Now CMON DETROIT!!!!

We'd be undefeated with Henne, lol.

Don't tempt fate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We'd be undefeated with Henne, lol.

Don't tempt fate.

Two big games to go, but Tannehill became a man today. Outplayed Brady, brought the team back from 10 down, and took the team down for the winning drive late in the 4th quarter. Absolutely a tremendous performance by Ryan Tannehill.

Two big games to go, but Tannehill became a man today. Outplayed Brady, brought the team back from 10 down, and took the team down for the winning drive late in the 4th quarter. Absolutely a tremendous performance by Ryan Tannehill.

He has to stomp on Buffalo next week.

You guys are starting to scare me.

I think we can knock out the Lions pretty easy, but playing Brady after a loss without #52, #20 and #81 makes me worried.

I think you have it reversed.....your dopey safety poking the bear in Calvin Johnson is just asking for it.....New England is VERY beatable now.....

Congrats guys...well-earned win, you guys deserved it.  Typical display by the Genius and Matt Puppetricia's D...had a chance to go into the half up 10-0, and of course they don't make a stop, and they had a chance to possibly close out the game on a 4th-and-5, and of course they don't get it done there either.  It's always on Brady and the offense. 

...don't we still need Detroit's help?

Not any more because Cincy and Baltimore play each other again.  So one of them has to lose (or I suppose there can be a tie).  If Baltimore wins that game and its other game, they and Cincy would be 10-6, and Baltimore has that tiebreaker.  Miami would be 10-6 and has the tiebreaker over Cincy. 

*goes to ESPN Playoff Machine*

Yep, you're right.

Speaking of fun wastes of work time, check out this playoff scenario I messed around with.  It's extremely unlikely, but basically if NE, Miami, Baltimore, Cincinatti, and Indianapolis all finish 10-6, Miami gets the 2 seed.  This requires a butt-ton of things to fall into place, the least likely of which is Buffalo beating New England in Week 17.  At this point, I'm just happy to be talking about the playoffs with two weeks left in the season, win and in baby.

Congrats guys...well-earned win, you guys deserved it.  Typical display by the Genius and Matt Puppetricia's D...had a chance to go into the half up 10-0, and of course they don't make a stop, and they had a chance to possibly close out the game on a 4th-and-5, and of course they don't get it done there either.  It's always on Brady and the offense. 

Come on man. What a joke..the Pats couldn't shutout a team for an entire half on the road..big deal. They gave up a 4th and 5, but that play just looked like some miss tackles. Not going to hate on coaching for that.

I know is tough to count on Brady each week for the miracle drive, and it really seems like that has been the case, but there were the 3 stops in 4 minutes against the Saints, the shutting down of Manning at the end of the 4th and OT (when the Pats offense stopped scoring). There were the 2 consecutive stops against the Texans late in the game to take and preserve the lead. There was a very solid game against the pretty good Bengals team. And the excellent 4-and-out against a very dangerous Falcons offense in the dome to win that one.

Not all bad.

Edited by devilsrule33

They damned near blew the game against the Saints, made Brady's job a hell of a lot harder in the Browns game...no, not ALL bad, but it doesn't make it any less frustrating.  That bunch has been failing in big spots for YEARS now.  Brady and Co. aren't infalliable, don't want to make sound like they never make mistakes either, but he's picked them up a hell of a lot more than they've picked him up.  I know injuries have definitely affected them, and maybe I'm too hard on them sometimes...but this happens to them a lot.  It would be nice if Brady could give his team a lead with a few minutes left in the 4th and have the D take it home. 

They damned near blew the game against the Saints, made Brady's job a hell of a lot harder in the Browns game...no, not ALL bad, but it doesn't make it any less frustrating.  That bunch has been failing in big spots for YEARS now.  Brady and Co. aren't infalliable, don't want to make sound like they never make mistakes either, but he's picked them up a hell of a lot more than they've picked him up.  I know injuries have definitely affected them, and maybe I'm too hard on them sometimes...but this happens to them a lot.  It would be nice if Brady could give his team a lead with a few minutes left in the 4th and have the D take it home. 

I couldn't go too nuts on BB regarding defensive play if I were a Pats' fan.  Most teams that lose two impact players like Wilfork and Mayo would probably fair a lot worse.