GDT 12/2/2010 NJD vs. Canadiens

ZeroGravityFat

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is one of the worst games ive ever had the displeasure of attending.

It's only tied for the worst this year with the Sabres game...both times where I actually left during the second intermission and I've never done that before this season. Among my other worst (re: noncompetitive) games were a 6-1 beatdown by the Isles a few years back and a 4-1 game against Calgary where Brodeur gave up four goals on seven shots.

johnny mac just said to robinson

"these ******* fans. They're unbelievable. They booed us on the ******* powerplay. They're all ******* selfish."

i had to replay it back twice to read his lips to the full effect, but that is no joke what he just said.

Oh for crying out loud...well maybe he was looking for a way out of this ****hole, this would be one way to get fired if he did indeed say it and it gets into the mainstream media.

Ugh.

MacLean is getting fired soon. The powerplay is pathetic and it's becoming worse by the moment. And the amount of ice time he gives Stephen Gionta is a joke.

For the record, I was never a fan of the hire and never thought much of MacLean from a coaching standpoint and never really liked how he handled himself towards the end of his career in leaving the Devils. I wanted Haviland and said so repeatedly.

Hopefully Arnott keeps putting up some points, and maybe we could finagle a 1st rounder from a team desperate for some scoring and size at C and some veteran experience. Langs needs to pick up his game if we are to be lucky enough to get a 2nd or 3rd rounder for him. And I know it's sacreligious, but if Brodeur comes back healthy and plays reasonably well, I'd ask him to consider a trade.

Mac's time is up. I'm not even an advocate of him being fired because there must be some player movement as well but it's just time. Making a run to the playoffs this year will be a long shot at best but Lou can't continue to let this get more toxic. There is a lot of hockey left and this team is just playing ugly way too often. Tickets are not cheap and for those that are paying good money, well they deserve better then this. There have been way too many games that haven't even been competitive. The horrible defense on the first two goals and that 5 on 3 power play basically summed up the Devils season.

I really don't know about Mac's alleged comments about the fans but if he indeed get caught saying that.....wow. Not good at all. And imo he sh!t the bed big time by pulling Hedberg tonight. The team was just flat out awful in front of him to start this game. Perhaps a timeout to settle them down? I know it was early but Hedberg got a raw deal out there if you ask me.

I can not agree more, Lou needs to do something there is no chemistry, accountability . We need a coach who is going to hold players accountable. Kovalchuck has tied Lou's hands so the quickest shake up should be to get rid of JMac, Oats and offer the head coaching job to a strict coach, even with our injuries there is no reason for the inability to score it is a joke, and Kovalchuk looks like he has given up and is not in a slump he looks lost out there. No one seems comfortable on a steady basis.

I just watched the DVD of 2003 this afternoon and tonights game made me sick to see how far this team has fallen.

Hell put Scott Stevens and Dano as coaches they can't do much worse and they would not except the play of this team if we can even call it a team.

It's only tied for the worst this year with the Sabres game...both times where I actually left during the second intermission and I've never done that before this season. Among my other worst (re: noncompetitive) games were a 6-1 beatdown by the Isles a few years back and a 4-1 game against Calgary where Brodeur gave up four goals on seven shots.

I really did debate leaving after the 5th goal but I stayed anyway, I hate leaving early, it makes me feel like I wasted even more money then I already did.

I really did debate leaving after the 5th goal but I stayed anyway, I hate leaving early, it makes me feel like I wasted even more money then I already did.

The money's already gone anyway, I'd rather not waste the extra hour waiting for the next train to top that off. In ninety years of hockey there's been exactly one five-goal comeback after two periods and that was the LA-Edmonton playoff game in the early '80's, so that's pretty much my cutoff point. If we'd scored even one lousy goal on that 5-on-3 I would have stuck it out but that was pretty much the icing on a cake of ****.

Gulitti said in his blog that Kovalchuk split without talking to reporters for the second straight game.

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/comments/maclean_i_could_have_benched_nine_guys/

About putting Kovalchuk with two of our scrubs:

When MacLean was asked why Ilya Kovalchuk (no goals in eight games, one in 16 contests) played with Adam Mair and Stephen Gionta in the third, he made it clear Kovalchuik was one of the players he would have liked to bench.

“It’s just the way it worked out,” MacLean said. “Guys were playing in different positions. Everybody had to work. As I said, one of probably nine that I could have (benched).”

Thank god this was the game I passed on for watching. Saw some highlights, and the joke continues.

I dont care if its not the coach making them place this bad.. the coach should always take the blame and since they aren't playing hockey change sh!t up. Not too educated on the devils prospect tendy situation on "who would be next".. how we looking?

The money's already gone anyway, I'd rather not waste the extra hour waiting for the next train to top that off. In ninety years of hockey there's been exactly one five-goal comeback after two periods and that was the LA-Edmonton playoff game in the early '80's, so that's pretty much my cutoff point. If we'd scored even one lousy goal on that 5-on-3 I would have stuck it out but that was pretty much the icing on a cake of ****.

If I had to do a commute like that then I would have too but mines not bad so it doesn't make a difference. I just can't stand when they give 0 effort. It's disgraceful.

looked like mighty mouse and benedict gomez were in hog heaven...

how the fvck could they let gionta score 11 seconds in?

imeanjesusHchrist...WTF!

I can not agree more, Lou needs to do something there is no chemistry, accountability . We need a coach who is going to hold players accountable. Kovalchuck has tied Lou's hands so the quickest shake up should be to get rid of JMac, Oats and offer the head coaching job to a strict coach, even with our injuries there is no reason for the inability to score it is a joke, and Kovalchuk looks like he has given up and is not in a slump he looks lost out there. No one seems comfortable on a steady basis.

I just watched the DVD of 2003 this afternoon and tonights game made me sick to see how far this team has fallen.

Hell put Scott Stevens and Dano as coaches they can't do much worse and they would not except the play of this team if we can even call it a team.

yes i agree with sicman as well...

it's time to bring in Damien Thorn or some other worldly menacing son of a bitch to bring order to this chaos

I'm sorry, you can say this isn't MacLean all you want- when a team gives this type of effort, players AND the coach need to be held accountable. A coach's job is to have his team ready to play, and this team plays as if its actually trying to lose games sometimes. So he is one of the many changes that must be made.

I kind of agree. How can a team come out so unprepared after a few days to prepare? And they came off a good win. Not saying it's all on Mac but man. That is inexcusable.

Heres the players ice time tonight

J. Arnott C 13:55

D. Clarkson C 14:40

M. Corrente D 17:38

P. Elias LW 14:00

M. Fayne D 17:25

S. Gionta C 13:11

A. Greene D 18:01

I. Kovalchuk LW 17:27

J. Langenbrunner RW 20:11

A. Mair C 13:03

R. Pelley C 17:16

B. Rolston LW 13:57

H. Tallinder D 23:39

M. Tedenby LW 16:32

A. Volchenkov D 16:31

C. White 19:24

T. Zajac C 18:16

D. Zubrus RW 11:55

Mac is giving more or equal ice time to mair pelley and gionta, over elias zubrus and arnott?? What a complete joke add this to his dumbass line changes and embarassing powerplay setups.

Including preaseason and road games i have been to 17 gms this year with only 5 wins. I am done watching this team give no effort, i am done not seeing the coaches trying to motivate these players on the bench, and i am certainly done with John Maclean, you sir really really dissapointed me. But i will still go to gms and support the team i love, but i cannot wait for the day where our veterans who are dragging us down are gone, and i certainly cant wait to see Maclean gone.

Edited by Zubie#8

Heres the players ice time tonight

J. Arnott C 13:55

D. Clarkson C 14:40

M. Corrente D 17:38

P. Elias LW 14:00

M. Fayne D 17:25

S. Gionta C 13:11

A. Greene D 18:01

I. Kovalchuk LW 17:27

J. Langenbrunner RW 20:11

A. Mair C 13:03

R. Pelley C 17:16

B. Rolston LW 13:57

H. Tallinder D 23:39

M. Tedenby LW 16:32

A. Volchenkov D 16:31

C. White 19:24

T. Zajac C 18:16

D. Zubrus RW 11:55

Mac is giving more or equal ice time to mair pelley and gionta, over elias zubrus and arnott?? What a complete joke add this to his dumbass line changes and embarassing powerplay setups.

Including preaseason and road games i have been to 17 gms this year with only 5 wins. I am done watching this team give no effort, i am done not seeing the coaches trying to motivate these players on the bench, and i am certainly done with John Maclean, you sir really really dissapointed me. But i will still go to gms and support the team i love, but i cannot wait for the day where our veterans who are dragging us down are gone, and i certainly cant wait to see Maclean gone.

um, the game was all but over 2 minutes in, who cares about TOI distribution. there was obviously a mass benching and honestly the fourth line deserved to play the most of everyone on the ice. you act like this was a tight 2-1 loss. this was a beating in which the Habs could have picked their score

Ya ok, for now on every time we are losing i want to see Gionta Mair and Pelley working hard instead of elias arnott and zubrus. THAT MAKES A LOT OF SENSE

It doesnt help when our top players are getting limited amount of ice time, a mass benching wont wake this team up, the best players have to produce, benching them wont help. And putting kovy with mair and gionta will only hurt him. So giving the three 4th liners more ice time then the guys who were the only ones who tallied a goal is stupid. I understand what you are saying Max that the game was basically garbage time, but im afraid that this teams morale is so low that benching our top guys will only hurt this team even more.

Edited by Zubie#8