GDT 12/2/2010 NJD vs. Canadiens

ZeroGravityFat

Ya ok, for now on every time we are losing i want to see Gionta Mair and Pelley working hard instead of elias arnott and zubrus. THAT MAKES A LOT OF SENSE

It doesnt help when our top players are getting limited amount of ice time, a mass benching wont wake this team up, the best players have to produce, benching them wont help. And putting kovy with mair and gionta will only hurt him. So giving the three 4th liners more ice time then the guys who were the only ones who tallied a goal is stupid

I don't get why Zubie was "benched" with TOI, cuz he's always the one working hardest on the ice, but you can tell his decrease in playing time really effected his play tonight. Usually you notice him on the ice a lot, but tonight he seemed invisible like the other guys, which is REALLY uncharacteristic of him. I guess MAC knows what he's doing though, right? :whistling:

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get why Zubie was "benched" with TOI, cuz he's always the one working hardest on the ice, but you can tell his decrease in playing time really effected his play tonight. Usually you notice him on the ice a lot, but tonight he seemed invisible like the other guys, which is REALLY uncharacteristic of him. I guess MAC knows what he's doing though, right? :whistling:

Exactly although he still had an assist he was invisible, zub had the lowest ice time on the whole team which is just a shame, he humps his ass every gm. Benching your hardest working player makes sense?

Edited by Zubie#8

Ya ok, for now on every time we are losing i want to see Gionta Mair and Pelley working hard instead of elias arnott and zubrus. THAT MAKES A LOT OF SENSE

It doesnt help when our top players are getting limited amount of ice time, a mass benching wont wake this team up, the best players have to produce, benching them wont help. And putting kovy with mair and gionta will only hurt him. So giving the three 4th liners more ice time then the guys who were the only ones who tallied a goal is stupid. I understand what you are saying Max that the game was basically garbage time, but im afraid that this teams morale is so low that benching our top guys will only hurt this team even more.

the game was over. those guys shouldn't be playing in the 3rd period of a game that is over. that's what your fourth liners are for. and they were the best guys out there, at least Mair figured out how to take the puck to the net and shoot.

and I really don't care about their morale. it's not time to be giving them a backrub. Lemaire tried happy fun time with these guys last year (out of character for him) and it got him nowhere. maybe Mac will find his voice as a raving lunatic, like in that video. good for him for saying something.... finally. of course the job of a coach is to fix that, if he can't, he'll be finding other employment, but some of these guys will be joining him.

It was 5-0 after 30 minutes, who gives a flying **** about icetime? Of course it's going to be skewed. The only thing I noticed about icetime is Jamie got twenty minutes coming off an injury...and somehow didn't record a single shot on goal :rolleyes: Any coincidence the whole team looked like dog**** with our great 'leader' back?

Mac said after the game he put Kovy on the 4th line because he couldn't bench him....

Mac said he wanted to bench 9 players...out of the 20 dressed. If he has lost the team this much, then he needs to go.

Otherwise you have to have a big trade to shakeup the team.

or forget about the playoffs now & start working on next year. No way we are going to turn it around & make the playoffs without a big change.

Perhaps Lou feels his trade comes when injured players return, but that will be too little too late IMO

It was 5-0 after 30 minutes, who gives a flying **** about icetime? Of course it's going to be skewed. The only thing I noticed about icetime is Jamie got twenty minutes coming off an injury...and somehow didn't record a single shot on goal :rolleyes: Any coincidence the whole team looked like dog**** with our great 'leader' back?

Everyone was $hit. Everyone!

I was supprised about the amount of ice he saw though.

How they could look so unprepared and unfocused is beyond me. What the f*ck have they been doing for the past week or whatever.

In most of the the games this season I thought an honest effort was always there on the ice. I can't say that about last night. I just hope Lou decides shortly on his plan of attack. Up to this point I haven't been against Mac's style of coaching, but last night I thought he was as bad as the team's effort. The yanking of Mooses, the PP formation, and changing the leineup after winning. However, there probably are some serious issues in the room that we aren't privy too, which may really make whatever Mac is trying to sell useless. Going forward, I am fine with tanking the saeason with the status quo roster. If they can somehow move an asset(take your pick) at the trade deadline for a late first round/early 2nd round pick it would be ideal since this draft is supoose to be really deep. It is quite possible that the most important decisions for this franchise will be the made by the scouting staff. This team does not currently have the fortitude to turn it around like the Flyers did last year. I am ok with that, as long there are good decisions being made to get us going in the right direction.

Elias can not keep carrying this team. He needs help.

Elias, Arnott, Tedenby, and Zubrus are the bright spots for the Devils right now. Everyone else seems slow, disorganized and sloppy. I really don't get it. The ice times for last night are confusing as well. Volchenkov onlyl got 16 minutes? I can't explain half of what's going on now. Parise and Brodeur returning won't fix this team. Langenbrunner has to be traded. This team right now is better with Vasyunov in the lineup.

I think tomorrow in Philly Gionta will be scratched and Vasy will be back.

Elias, Arnott, Tedenby, and Zubrus are the bright spots for the Devils right now. Everyone else seems slow, disorganized and sloppy. I really don't get it. The ice times for last night are confusing as well. Volchenkov onlyl got 16 minutes? I can't explain half of what's going on now. Parise and Brodeur returning won't fix this team. Langenbrunner has to be traded. This team right now is better with Vasyunov in the lineup.

I think tomorrow in Philly Gionta will be scratched and Vasy will be back.

Elias is the teams MVP right now. He has got Arnott to produce and is grooming Tedenby.

I have never been a fan of the Zubie signing, but he is played great since last years playoffs. I am not sure how his minutes got cut last night.

Elias is the teams MVP right now. He has got Arnott to produce and is grooming Tedenby.

I have never been a fan of the Zubie signing, but he is played great since last years playoffs. I am not sure how his minutes got cut last night.

I was never one to blame MacLean at first but lately it's been a little interesting. The ice time numbers from last night have got me wondering. Yeah yeah yeah the team was losing... but 11 minutes for one of our best forwards currently (Zubrus) means something's going on. Same with 16 minutes for Volchenkov.

I was never one to blame MacLean at first but lately it's been a little interesting. The ice time numbers from last night have got me wondering. Yeah yeah yeah the team was losing... but 11 minutes for one of our best forwards currently (Zubrus) means something's going on. Same with 16 minutes for Volchenkov.

I agree something is going besides them losing. There were moments (brief at best)that they appeared to be present, however most of the game I thought some of the players were quite literally DRUNK on the ice. At this point I am just happy if the team shows up to the game, or if they have some semblance or a hockey team at least a few moments during the game.

Can not wait to be at the next game on 12/11, this one should be interesting. :koolaid: