2013-14 OOT Thread

Daniel

Wow isles just got a goal overturned in OT. No way was that a kick. More proof nhl war room is a joke. But whatever if it helps us down the road.

That was one of the worst video reviews I've ever seen. The officiating on and off the ice is astoundingly absurd.

Here's my rule proposal.

1. Pucks that are either flat on the ice or rolling on the ice that go off a skate and into the net shall be ruled as no goal.

• My reasoning for this is that 95% of the controversies with kicked in goals involve a puck on the ice.  This rule would remove most grey area.  It would mean the goal today, the Gallagher goal against the Devils, the Gallagher goal against the Rangers, the Janssen goal against the Rangers, etc would all be called off by this rule.

2. Pucks that are elevated that happen to bounce off the skate boot shall be ruled a goal provided the skate stays planted on the ice.

• My reasoning here is that it's really difficult to kick in a goal with an elevated puck with the skate planted to the ice.  That way we can almost assure it's not on purpose.  Also, the fact that a player has to keep his skate planted fixes the safety issue.  It means no worrying about getting sliced by a skate.

so Colorado turned down a trade offer : Parenteau for Bourque... 

Well OBVIOUSLY you turn down that offer but it means that Parenteau is available and he has a really good contract i find. Lou should look into this IMO

I kind of like Parenteau but I wonder if we really want to acquire another player on the wrong side of his prime and stick him on his off-wing. Plus there's the return to discuss as well, which I reckon would be young defensemen and I'm not sure whom I'd give up just yet.

so Colorado turned down a trade offer : Parenteau for Bourque... 

Well OBVIOUSLY you turn down that offer but it means that Parenteau is available and he has a really good contract i find. Lou should look into this IMO

I've heard something similar to this too. Do you have a reliable source? I ask because I would be very interested in Parenteau, especially if he can play LW. Also, I read somewhere that Montreal turned down this trade, so who knows how much truth there is to this.

I also heard that he was scratched only because Roy wanted to rest him during a busy stretch since he just come back from injury. This makes a bit more sense to me.

I've heard something similar to this too. Do you have a reliable source? I ask because I would be very interested in Parenteau, especially if he can play LW. Also, I read somewhere that Montreal turned down this trade, so who knows how much truth there is to this.

I also heard that he was scratched only because Roy wanted to rest him during a busy stretch since he just come back from injury. This makes a bit more sense to me.

Rumour came out early that Bergevin turned down an offer that would have brought a Quebecer to the Habs, then it was later announce it was Parenteau, then it was later said it was Bourque. Then it was released that Colorado turned down the offer and not Bergevin. Which made a lot more sense. But bunch of reputated reporters like Reno Lavoie reported it

Apparently, according to Rangers Report on Twitter (https://twitter.com/rangersreport), a guy in a Brodeur Jersey attended the Rangers-Isles game and got pelted with beverages from fans of both teams.  New Yawka's Unite!

I wouldn't be surprised of one of them was Linda Cohn from ESPN. ... She was on the Mike and Mike show Monday morning trashing Marty.

Edited by 95Crash

Apparently, according to Rangers Report on Twitter (https://twitter.com/rangersreport), a guy in a Brodeur Jersey attended the Rangers-Isles game and got pelted with beverages from fans of both teams.  New Yawka's Unite!

Next time we should do that to Rags fans who wear their jerseys to the Rock during Devils games when they are not even playing the Rags.  There are always a couple every single Devils games.  I guess they are just pissed that they got priced out of their precious sh!thole.