We Got Rutuu

Daniel

The other thing that's annoying is that with Loktionov gone, and Ruutu a winger, it means Henrique back to center, which doesn't make any goddamn sense given how well he's played the last few games.

Totally agree. I knew you and I would both hate this move.

Unless Lou is unloading Salvador or Volchenkov somehow, this is awful.

The other thing that's annoying is that with Loktionov gone, and Ruutu a winger, it means Henrique back to center, which doesn't make any goddamn sense given how well he's played the last few games.

How do you know this?  There's plenty of ways to keep Henrique on a line with Elias and Brunner while having Ruutu play LW.

This one looks pretty weak on the surface.  And below the surface.  And above.  Carolina could probably care less about Loki and the 2017 conditional pick...they're probably just thrilled to get out from under Ruutu's contract.  Can't wait to hear how Lou explains this one. 

Loktionov is turning 24 this spring. He has 24 points in 76 games as a Devil. He may be a guy who never puts it all together. Ruutu is fast, he's gritty, he has scored in the past (though his production dipped this year) he's more of a proven commodity. Loktionov is a fringe player

Loktionov is turning 24 this spring. He has 24 points in 76 games as a Devil. He may be a guy who never puts it all together. Ruutu is fast, he's gritty, he has scored in the past (though his production dipped this year) he's more of a proven commodity. Loktionov is a fringe player

i like this move. brings more toughness we need. is he fast? no but he should fit nicely. were not built for speed and tuomo makes us more of a bitch to play against

I'm glad at least a couple of people share my opinion!

Agree on Lokti, but Ruutu is on a bad contract.  I'm stunned Lou couldn't unload Sal or Volch in this deal.  Carolina accomplished exactly what I think they wanted to:  dump a bad contract.  They're laughing their asses off that they not only unloaded that contract, but didn't have to take on a bad one in return.  But Tri is right, we don't know if Carolina is picking up any of what's remaining just yet.