Just imagine a sold out rock full of devils fans

davemooch

Hey guys im a season ticket holder and so far twice this year already i felt like a vistors fan. does anyone else feel this way? the game agianst the habs and rangers are the games im talking about. as a devils fan i feel disgusted. i wish one day against a rival team we can sell out with devils fans maybe thats whats this team needs to wake up. spread the word around lets pack our hosue for a rival game. please voice your thoughts. im contacting my devils rep to see how we can do this maybe reuced price to teh game if you are a devils fan. etc please post if you have ideas on how we can do this

Hey guys im a season ticket holder and so far twice this year already i felt like a vistors fan. does anyone else feel this way? the game agianst the habs and rangers are the games im talking about. as a devils fan i feel disgusted. i wish one day against a rival team we can sell out with devils fans maybe thats whats this team needs to wake up. spread the word around lets pack our hosue for a rival game. please voice your thoughts. im contacting my devils rep to see how we can do this maybe reuced price to teh game if you are a devils fan. etc please post if you have ideas on how we can do this

Sorry but it will never happen. I wish it would be packed every game but for many reasons I know that it is not possible.

Good luck on getting your rep to reduce prices. I'm afraid you will be fighting a losing battle there.

Also, I see from previous posts that you are a season ticket holder, but that you are willing to sell your tickets to most games. Sorry but isn't that a little hypocritical of you to post this?

Edited by DevsMan84

i understand from a head office this wont be good idea to reduce tickets but if they trun the tables around and look at it as a whole. yes we will sell building out pack the hosue with devils fans maybe it will light a fire under the devils ass and say hey wow we have more then the couple thousand fans that come every game.plus if we do this vs a rival team like the rags or flyers wouldnt that be something else. come on devils fans lets start this up and spread the word

-Devs man i seel tickets that i cant make....i sold the buffalo game and pitts games bc i will be traveling to ottawa to see the devils play. dont make a comment like that if you dont know me

So you cannot make most games yet buy season tickets?

And where did you sell the tickets at? If you sell online like ebay or stubhub, then there is a very good chance you could be selling to the other teams fans.

All I know about you is what you have posted on here, and a large majority of them is you selling tickets or equipment, so that is what I have to go on.

We'll never have crowds like the Rangers, Flyers, Canadians and Leafs have. And having at least one third of the arena being Ranger fans is just a fact of life (and moreso now that the Rangers are actually good).

A pretty good playoff run (winning the first round and a competitive second round) could bump up attendance a bit next year, but don't expect any miracles.

If you want to look for positive news, it's that you get a lot of Devils fans for Isles home games, and a noticeable amount at the Garden for Ranger home games.

We'll never have crowds like the Rangers, Flyers, Canadians and Leafs have. And having at least one third of the arena being Ranger fans is just a fact of life (and moreso now that the Rangers are actually good).

A pretty good playoff run (winning the first round and a competitive second round) could bump up attendance a bit next year, but don't expect any miracles.

If you want to look for positive news, it's that you get a lot of Devils fans for Isles home games, and a noticeable amount at the Garden for Ranger home games.

Agree totally.

I agree - I am a season ticker holder in section 103...section is pretty much empty or filled with visitor fans. I did see alot of devils fans getting crazy in the upper sections vs the Rangers, which I was glad to see. Boggles my mind why some Devils fans wont come out for a Ranger game, afraid to lose maybe? Think of it this way, Ranger fans have so much pent up frustration from watching us raise the cup THREE times since they won, that of course they will get crazy for a regular season win, its all they can cheer for now! If they start talking smack, point to the three banners hanging in their faces.

Also, it sucks that the Habs had that many fans but it shouldn't suprise anyone. First of all did you see when they "welcome the following groups to the rock" on the jumbo screen? At least 5 Canadian High Schools were at the game!! That would NEVER happen in a New Jersey high school, travel to another country to see a game??? Kidding me...but thats how they roll!

Fact - Devils have the fan base to sell out the Rock every night. But, it will never happen, unless we have another cup run, or somehow draft the next superstar in the league.

In regards to the Rangers, how exactly are you supposed to prevent Ranger fans from getting tickets? Make Devil fans sign a contract that they won't sell THEIR tickets for profit on the secondary market? The Devils themselves get a cut of everything from TicketExchange anyway lol. Have them promise pretty please not to invite their brother, best friend, wife who happens to be a Ranger fan? Yes, far fewer of ours go into their building than their fans come into ours...because they have a much bigger market ergo more consistent season ticket holders. We have more tickets available, and it's convenient to get to the new arena much more so than it was the swamp so Ranger fans will pay through the nose both on Ticketmaster and the secondary market for any ticket they can find.

In regards to the Habs, they aren't a real rival...except for Marty. Most of our fans aren't all that interested in their games, so whenever we have a weekend game against them we're in trouble as far as fan invasions go. The Habs have a huge fanbase and invade more arenas than ours.

And I've seen a sold out Rock full of Devils fans plenty of times. The only reason it doesn't happen more is we've had ten home playoff games in five years.

Edited by NJDevs4978

In regards to the Rangers, how exactly are you supposed to prevent Ranger fans from getting tickets? Make Devil fans sign a contract that they won't sell THEIR tickets for profit on the secondary market? The Devils themselves get a cut of everything from TicketExchange anyway lol. Have them promise pretty please not to invite their brother, best friend, wife who happens to be a Ranger fan? Yes, far fewer of ours go into their building than their fans come into ours...because they have a much bigger market ergo more consistent season ticket holders. We have more tickets available, and it's convenient to get to the new arena much more so than it was the swamp so Ranger fans will pay through the nose both on Ticketmaster and the secondary market for any ticket they can find.

In regards to the Habs, they aren't a real rival...except for Marty. Most of our fans aren't all that interested in their games, so whenever we have a weekend game against them we're in trouble as far as fan invasions go. The Habs have a huge fanbase and invade more arenas than ours.

And I've seen a sold out Rock full of Devils fans plenty of times. The only reason it doesn't happen more is we've had ten home playoff games in five years.

i dont mind rangers fans being at devils home games. even though i hate them all, and i think they're obnoxious pricks, i dont mind them being there. i think the real problem that can actually be fixed is making sure the devils fans are louder than the rangers fans. that's the real embarrassment. those dirtbags come into our home arena and act like they own the fvckin place and it makes me sick. i wasn't at the last home game against the rangers, but i heard it was embarrassing to be a devils fan, in our own fvcking arena. these ranger fans have nothing to be proud of. they're having a good season so far. so what? they aren't winning any championships, and they won't succeed in the playoffs. that's a fact, and yet they still act like the most proud group of people in the world. i don't have a problem with people supporting they're teams at the rock, cause i'd do the same thing if i went to a devils away game. but to let them run things in our arena makes me sick to my stomach. i think what we need to do is not worry about how many people show up, but make sure that we are louder than the people who show up for the opposing team, and not take any sh!t from the lowlife ranger fans when they are there. i've read some of their posts from that game on the HF boards, and man, those guys are comical. for a team that hasn't one the cup in 15+ years, and over 50 years before that, their fans sure do act like there's something to be proud of. anyway, thats my input. that's my frustration from tuesday nights game that i've been holding in finally coming out..

Fact is Rags fans flock to the Rock because they can get tickets to see their team at a decent price without having to hop on a train or drive to NYC. Until our own fans actually buy tickets to the point where there aren't many tix left for these games, this will continue to happen. and I don't want to hear all the bitching about the price of the tickets. 5 sections priced $69 or under for tonight (premier game) and 7 sections for classic games $55 or under. I know I'm gonna get killed for saying it (as usual) but our fan base wants the Devils to put a superior product on the ice and have all tickets priced at $20. Stupid

Fact is Rags fans flock to the Rock because they can get tickets to see their team at a decent price without having to hop on a train or drive to NYC. Until our own fans actually buy tickets to the point where there aren't many tix left for these games, this will continue to happen. and I don't want to hear all the bitching about the price of the tickets. 5 sections priced $69 or under for tonight (premier game) and 7 sections for classic games $55 or under. I know I'm gonna get killed for saying it (as usual) but our fan base wants the Devils to put a superior product on the ice and have all tickets priced at $20. Stupid

And in what world are people going to pay $69 for a game against the Caps right smack before a holiday weekend when they're going for like $30 on the secondary market? This is going to be the second premier game 'disaster' out of four. Third really, considering the premier game status brought even more Ranger fans into the building than usual Tuesday.

Classic games include such great attendance draws like the Panthers, Isles, Ducks and Avs...you ain't getting people to pay $55 for those tickets either. It's not that the Devils price the premier sections unfair, but the upper tier is ridiculous. Nobody's asking them to price the lower bowl $20 or even the mezz (though the sth numbers this year and discounts in past years prove about $25-30 is the limit behind the nets). There's no reason the upper corner has to be $29-35 for most games when you can get them for less on the secondary market.

They clearly tried to price the tickets in such a manner that the mezz would get filled with sth's but that hasn't happened, at least not behind the attacking side with the $28 seats so they're surely not going to sell them for a single game at the markup. The $22 season seats have been pretty filled but on the whole the Devils are still pricing themselves out of selling tickets.

Edited by NJDevs4978

And in what world are people going to pay $69 for a game against the Caps right smack before a holiday weekend when they're going for like $30 on the secondary market? This is going to be the second premier game 'disaster' out of four.

Classic games include such great attendance draws like the Panthers, Isles, Ducks and Avs...you ain't getting people to pay $55 for those tickets either. It's not that the Devils price the premier sections unfair, but the upper tier is ridiculous. Nobody's asking them to price the lower bowl $20 or even the mezz (though the sth numbers this year and discounts in past years prove about $25-30 is the limit behind the nets). There's no reason the upper corner has to be $29-35 for most games when you can get them for less on the secondary market. The Devils are still pricing themselves out of selling tickets.

Excellent post.

BTW I find it kinda ironic that tonight it is a premier game yet they have college night tonigt for $20 uppers. Given a lot of our fans are in this age bracket they just shot themselves in their foot.

Excellent post.

BTW I find it kinda ironic that tonight it is a premier game yet they have college night tonigt for $20 uppers. Given a lot of our fans are in this age bracket they just shot themselves in their foot.

Well they sort of have to do that because college kids ARE going to be around for this game and they sure aren't paying the $50-60 face value for tickets. I hope a lot of them do take advantage but I haven't heard as many advertisements for college night this year as in the past.

Prices on StubHub have plummetted to like $25 a pair and up (including delivery/service charges), but then again it's like the last ten minutes tickets can be sold through there. If I were physically up to going I'd take advantage of one of these cheap tickets since I had to sell my sth pair due to being in a sickbed the last couple days.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Rags are gonna be a problem. Even a "rip off" on stub hub is cheaper than the Garden. Some STHs are going to use Rags games to get money. It sucks, but if it helps people pay the fix off, we have to accept it. Like Kovy138 said, we need to be louder and own the arena, no matter who else is there.

And in what world are people going to pay $69 for a game against the Caps right smack before a holiday weekend when they're going for like $30 on the secondary market? This is going to be the second premier game 'disaster' out of four. Third really, considering the premier game status brought even more Ranger fans into the building than usual Tuesday.

Classic games include such great attendance draws like the Panthers, Isles, Ducks and Avs...you ain't getting people to pay $55 for those tickets either. It's not that the Devils price the premier sections unfair, but the upper tier is ridiculous. Nobody's asking them to price the lower bowl $20 or even the mezz (though the sth numbers this year and discounts in past years prove about $25-30 is the limit behind the nets). There's no reason the upper corner has to be $29-35 for most games when you can get them for less on the secondary market.

They clearly tried to price the tickets in such a manner that the mezz would get filled with sth's but that hasn't happened, at least not behind the attacking side with the $28 seats so they're surely not going to sell them for a single game at the markup. The $22 season seats have been pretty filled but on the whole the Devils are still pricing themselves out of selling tickets.

This is why this discussion is pointless.

Maybe i live in fantasy land, but $69 or $55 is fair for a professional sports team in the metro ny area.

And lets not forget, there are MANY fix priced CHEAPER than that.

This is not a NY team with a NY fanbase. Lumping the Devils in with the Knicks, Rangers and NFL is silly, especially when the Devils were here last among any of the major sports teams.

It wasn't much cheaper tonight. Face value for the cheapest non-$10 tickets tonight (of which there are like 50 total) was $45 for the upper corners. Small wonder there was barely 14,000 there tonight, with most of them having paid the sth freight to get cheaper prices. Last year we drew just short of that for the Isles the same time of year at our low ebb of the worst first half ever.

You may think prices are fair but clearly the market doesn't agree with you when the same sections are ghost towns 80% of the time.

Edited by NJDevs4978

This is not a NY team with a NY fanbase. Lumping the Devils in with the Knicks, Rangers and NFL is silly, especially when the Devils were here last among any of the major sports teams.

It wasn't much cheaper tonight. Face value for the cheapest non-$10 tickets tonight was $45 for the upper corners. Small wonder there was barely 14,000 there tonight, with most of them having paid the sth freight to get cheaper prices. Last year we drew just short of that for the Isles the same time of year at our low ebb of the worst first half ever.

when i speak of metro market, Im not comparing to knicks and rangers.

I'm referring to the area that we pay $15k/year for property taxes, $13 to cross a bridge, $500K for a decent house and $2k for car insurance.

This is an expensive area where people, for the most part, make above the national average in salary.

Go to the midwest where property taxes are $800 a year and houses cost $100k.

Rags fans don't seem to have a problem with Devils tix pricing...FYI

Edited by trailblazer

when i speak of metro market, Im not comparing to knicks and rangers.

I'm referring to the area that we pay $15k/year for property taxes, $13 to cross a bridge, $500K for a decent house and $2k for car insurance.

This is an expensive area where people, for the most part, make above the national average in salary.

I think you just answered your own question. When you live in an area where the cost of living is this high, you don't have alot of room for extra expenses unless you are living a) above your means or b) you just flat out can afford it. The people who are "living to work, work to live" aren't going to fill those seats and when they do go with their 2.2 kids, mortgage, car payments, etc. are going to find the cheapest seats they can.

On top of that, if you're working a job to pay for the lifestyle of the high cost of living or to maintain a lifestyle, chances are you aren't going to be spending a worknight going to a hockey game against the Panthers or hurricanes when you leave for work at 6 AM and return home at 7 PM.

I think the problem is too many fans fall into the "living to work, work to live" category and they simply are being priced out because the Devils do not know their demogrpahic well enough or the types of clientelle they have. They never did. This team still thinks they can draw the NY fan or city dweller as a majority and they have thought that since 1982.

Also, if i am not mistaken don't the Devils have a severe lack of weekend games this year?

Go to the midwest where property taxes are $800 a year and houses cost $100k.

Everything is relative, though. The cost of living is cheaper out there thanks to lower salaries and more service/blue collar jobs. The average person isn't living like a king there because their property tax is 10% of mine and their house is half of what mine is "worth".

Rags fans don't seem to have a problem with Devils fix pricing...FYI

That's because Rags fans are only there attending a handful of games at best. Not a quarter, half or full season's worth like a Devils fan. When i go to MSG to see the Devils i buy better seats for that same reason....i only go a few times so i make it worth it.

seems like theres always a reason the Devils don't draw on the board.

And the blame always falls on the Devils and their ticket pricing.

We can debate it forever, I don't think its the ticket pricing.

Unless i missed it, I haven't seen anyone propose a pricing structure that they feel will increase attendance and still allow the Devils to field a playoff caliber team.

here is a solution, if you can't afford season tix and you are not going to games because individual ticket prices are too high, then start networking with STH's

9 price points under $65 and that's Premier pricing (as everyone knows, highest tier).

if you can't find a ticket in your budget here ($20, 35, 40, 41, 52, 57, 63, 63, 65) then there is no point talking about this further because you are completely unreasonable.

I for one would help fans get discounted tickets if it meant filling the building.

I'd imagine a bunch of the older season ticket holders sell their tickets to the rangers games. They don't want to deal with the nonsense.

I've been a season ticket holder for 4 seasons over the past 15 years. I can't do it right now because I have 2 small children and another on the way. I splurged and bought $85 seats for my whole family for the Niedermayer game, but I can't do that too often.

they should just tear up the current pricing charts, and make it real simple. 200's are $10, 100's are $20 in the end zones and $30 between the lines, and downstairs non-club are $65. Club seats should be around $100/ea.

They'd get another 3000 a game easily with that kind of pricing.