Crosby Press Conference

Quinn01

Hitting is great, and I already said Ovechkin is more entertaining and is probably the best natural scorer in the league, but Crosby is still a better all-around player. He can score, pass, take faceoffs, and is a proven winner and leader. He's led 2 teams to the finals. Ovechkin has still yet to prove that he can be a team guy. His teams are notorious for folding in the playoffs. They showed absolutely no heart in the second round this year.

And I say all this while admitting I like Ovechkin more.

Scott Stevens led teams folded like cheap suits between 96 and 99, did that make him a lousy leader? Steve Yzerman played the majority of his career leading his teams to playoff heartbreaks, was he an unproven team player?

Equating playoff success with a single player's leadership ability or "team guy" status is nonsense. If Ovechkin wasn't a team guy, he wouldn't be wearing the C.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a great, great player, but I'm not sure who or what is actually a draw as the NHL goes. IMO they'd get their numbers with or without him. It's not like he's a media darling or someone who is "out there" that people actually like. And the one place outside Pittsburgh where he's a true superstar, isn't going to up and stop watching the NHL because there's no Crosby.

To me, the NHL's ability to draw solely relies on a compelling story or a big stage. You give the masses a winter classic or a solid extended late playoff series, and some of them will watch. Otherwise it's the same crowd no matter who's out there.

NBC would sh!t a brick, though, because they might actually have to book someone new for their afternoon games on weekends.

Scott Stevens led teams folded like cheap suits between 96 and 99, did that make him a lousy leader? Steve Yzerman played the majority of his career leading his teams to playoff heartbreaks, was he an unproven team player?

Equating playoff success with a single player's leadership ability or "team guy" status is nonsense. If Ovechkin wasn't a team guy, he wouldn't be wearing the C.

Stevens and Yzerman proved themselves eventually. I didn't say Ovechkin wouldn't. I said he hasn't done it yet and that Crosby is a better all-around player.

Could this doctor be any more infatuated with "Sid"?

No. I don't think he could. This is almost awkward to even listen to.

So what is this press conference for anyway? For those of us who can't watch...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Sidney Crosby's current state of health and the progress he has made.

"There is a chance that you will never play in the NHL again." "Mhm, a very slight one but there is a chance. I wouldnt be on it."

Edited by Quinn01

So what is this press conference for anyway? For those of us who can't watch...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

From what I've gathered it's about how Christmas season is fast approaching and we should all buy our loved ones a Ferrari.

Seriously, what is this reference to a Ferrari? What the hell does that even mean?

I heard the doc explain what he meant at the time, now I don't remember exactly what it was. He was referring to something in Sid's brain or nervous system -- maybe the part that affects motor skills? -- that makes him one of the best players in the world, hence the comparison to a Ferrari.