Montreal Trades Erik Cole to Dallas for Michael Ryder

Derlique

Good, get this POS out of the east.  I really have a pretty strong hatred of this jackass going, from his hit on Larsson last year and his dive earlier this year.

Good riddance.

Montreal got a better player though. They are looking really good.

Edited by Zubie#8

Trades like that makes me wish lou could pull of something similar... Get rid of an older player for a similar one younger ith a shorter contract...

Guys like volchenkov and tallinder are absolutely expandable and their contracts are too expensive/long. To me theres NO WAY those 2 guys play out their contracts in NJ

Trades like that makes me wish lou could pull of something similar... Get rid of an older player for a similar one younger ith a shorter contract...

Guys like volchenkov and tallinder are absolutely expandable and their contracts are too expensive/long. To me theres NO WAY those 2 guys play out their contracts in NJ

Volchenkov's got a NTC so good luck w/ that and Tallinder looks about 60 years old right now so good luck getting rid of either of them. And Cole's a whole year and a half older than Ryder. Whoop dee doo.

This was probably one team wanting the security of the longer contract and Montreal wanting the better win now proposition. 

Ryder is a UFA after this season, Nieuwy got rid of him for a qualtiy player before Ryders market value tumbled.

Not sure why there was a draft pick involved.

i guess its cause Dallas had to take some long term salary back... they said that they've been working on that deal for over 10 days so i assume it was a concern and that the 3rd was a sweetener 

i guess its cause Dallas had to take some long term salary back... they said that they've been working on that deal for over 10 days so i assume it was a concern and that the 3rd was a sweetener 

The draft pick goes from Dallas to Montreal, which doesn't really make any sense, because Dallas is getting the worse end of this deal already.