Pru Center For Sale?

The Rock 07

No land in Hoboken to build an arena, nowhere to park...its too small there. How could people rag on me for saying Parsippany and try and make a case for Hoboken o.O

I wasn't making a case for Hoboken. If you knew how to read you would see I was making a case against Hoboken. :blink:

Edited by mac760

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In any case, the devils still have one of the nicest arenas in the country and the city of Newark has a crappy lease that at this point does them no benifit. I would love the city to sell it's interest but they would just waste the money and technically it's the NHA's arena so it could potentially end up building affordable housing (ie projects) which I think we can honestly say we have enough of.

youre pretty dumb. The Driscoll bridge is about a 40 drive from Ocean County. Often known as the bridge that serperates north and south jersey.

Thanks for the childish insult. Id return it to you since your reply is easy to pick apart and that you totally missed the point of my post., but i wont. Instead, i'll just 'clarify' that i know Ocean County isnt near the Driscoll Bridge. Shameful that your reading comprehension skills interpreted it that way, really.

Edited by devlman

People are ragging on you for Parsippany because you're clueless in the sense that you can't build something like that in a bedroom community or in suburbia for many reasons.

I'm from Morris County. I lived in Parsippany for 3 years and it's just not even a smart observation to even suggest.

Hoboken was McMullen's pipe dream. The traffic would have been a nightmare and you'd probably be forced to use public trans. McMullen had the spot picked out and an artist's conception done of it. There was room there. If you want to read about the Devils and Hoboken it's easy enough to Google. Maybe add in the term "air rights" as well.

There is plenty of room off of 80 to build what was needed. It's anything but not smart. Building an arena in one of the most crime infested areas of New Jersey = not smart. Wasn't it in the top 30 most dangerous cities last year?

EDIT: Yes. Yes it was. Its also the second highest NJ city. - http://os.cqpress.com/citycrime/2009/CityCrime2009_Rank_Rev.pdf

Edited by TheMazz

There is plenty of room off of 80 to build what was needed. It's anything but not smart. Building an arena in one of the most crime infested areas of New Jersey = not smart.

Where off of 80? You keep saying that as a vague opinion, but not giving exact places. I live between Parsippany and Hopatcong and there's no where to build an arena like The Rock. You're also forgetting the political aspects concerning building that kind of project in the suburbs which will face opposition, property ownerships, town/county budget shortfalls and traffic concerns on an already overcrowded and dangerous stretch of rt. 80. It takes enough political kickbacking to build recreation parks in Morris County. If you think Newark can't find it's ass with both hands politically concerning this arena, then you don't know much about Morris County.

If you don't like Newark, don't go.

Edited by SJP20

There is plenty of room off of 80 to build what was needed. It's anything but not smart. Building an arena in one of the most crime infested areas of New Jersey = not smart. Wasn't it in the top 30 most dangerous cities last year?

EDIT: Yes. Yes it was. Its also the second highest NJ city. - http://os.cqpress.com/citycrime/2009/CityCrime2009_Rank_Rev.pdf

My hometown always ranks in the top 10 safest cities in the country (I think it's 8th from the bottom of your list). We shoulda built the arena here!

You've yet to address the lack of usable public transit for the rest of the state in your location. Nor the highway infrastructure issues your location would have.

If you are really so concerned with the crime in Newark, just stay home.

Edited by mac760

Look it's fine that all of you are seemingly so protective of Newark but there are reasons why I don't like it there too much.(Bad experiences that I rather not talk about) but I go w/my folks n sometimes friends (Med reasons are the main reason why I haven't moved out) out of loyalty and because the games are fun. (The prices for tickets aren't bad either.)

Edited by TheMazz

Look it's fine that all of you are seemingly so protective of Newark but there are reasons why I don't like it there too much.(Reasons that I rather not talk about) but I go w/the folks n friends (Med reasons are the main reason why I haven't moved out) out of loyalty and because the games are fun. (The prices for tickets aren't bad either. Not a bad seat at the joint either...C.A.A. had some nose bleeders but even the high-rise seats at the Rock are pretty good.)

A lot of us appear to be able to see the shortcomings of Newark. But most realize that it is as close a balance as a place like NJ is going to get.

You don't seem to be able to see the large limitations of the site you seem to like. You really need to take the blinders off.

Not for nothing, but I can't believe I'm still having to make this argument in 2010. I think some of the older posters here might find that amusing as well. Interesting thing about that list you posted:

NHL Arena Cities:

2. St Louis, MO

4. Detroit, MI

16. Washington, DC

18. Atlanta, GA

21. Philadelphia, PA

27. Buffalo, NY

29. Newark, NJ

Looks to me that we're following a trend of putting our lilly-white game in the mean inner cities, no?

Other major league towns (in other sports) ahead of Newark on that list would be:

3. Oakland, CA

6. New Orleans, LA

8. Cleveland, OH

10. Memphis, TN

13. Baltimore, MD

15. Kansas City, MO

17. Orlando, FL

19. Cincinnati, OH

28. Indianapolis, IN

Is djstubbs around perchance? I'm feeling nostalgic.

Not for nothing, but I can't believe I'm still having to make this argument in 2010. I think some of the older posters here might find that amusing as well. Interesting thing about that list you posted:

NHL Arena Cities:

2. St Louis, MO

4. Detroit, MI

16. Washington, DC

18. Atlanta, GA

21. Philadelphia, PA

27. Buffalo, NY

29. Newark, NJ

Looks to me that we're following a trend of putting our lilly-white game in the mean inner cities, no?

Other major league towns (in other sports) ahead of Newark on that list would be:

3. Oakland, CA

6. New Orleans, LA

8. Cleveland, OH

10. Memphis, TN

13. Baltimore, MD

15. Kansas City, MO

17. Orlando, FL

19. Cincinnati, OH

28. Indianapolis, IN

Is djstubbs around perchance? I'm feeling nostalgic.

So let me get this straight. You are telling me there are crime problems in many large cities? Besides Newark? Many of whom also have NHL teams? That is shocking. ;)

Honestly this all seems like a rather strange digression from the original topic, the city selling the arena. Newark is a city and it's not for everyone nor should it be. The arena is where it is for the next 30 years so it's pointless to argue that now.

Newark is poorly managed and has huge expendatures for a city that doesn't cover alot of land mass. I wish the managed things better but that's spilt milk to the next election.

As for the area surrounding the arena I think suggestions to the devils cant hurt especially if it helps them improve their product and make them more money.

Honestly this all seems like a rather strange digression from the original topic, the city selling the arena. Newark is a city and it's not for everyone nor should it be. The arena is where it is for the next 30 years so it's pointless to argue that now.

Newark is poorly managed and has huge expendatures for a city that doesn't cover alot of land mass. I wish the managed things better but that's spilt milk to the next election.

As for the area surrounding the arena I think suggestions to the devils cant hurt especially if it helps them improve their product and make them more money.

The digression honestly made me wanna party like its 2003... no Cup to celebrate though.... damn.

Even though the conversation has veered off path, I am liking it.

It has served as a nice reminder that the Devs have fans spread out all over the state.

Edited by 95Crash

• 3 weeks later...