White and Hunter bought out.

jagknife

Well next summer should be interesting... here's the players that will be there for sure unless some are traded and the players to resign.

________ - Zajac - Zubrus

Kovalchuk - Josefson - ________

Tedenby - Elias - Clarkson

Boulton - _______ - _______

Volchenkov - Green

Larsson - Tallinder

________ - ________

to resign with about 28m, with an estimated cap hit:

Parise 7.5

Palmieri 1.5

Pelley .750

Corrente .750

Fayne 1

Taormina 1

Zharkov .750

Brodeur 2

Hedberg 1

total : 16.25m, so we could have about 12.55m for July first, eventho there's really nothing much interesting other than Weber, Rinne, Sutter and Gorges. I really think that if Nashville can't resign all those guys that we could make a serious run at them.

Edited by SterioDesign

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to go away from my computer for a while, but I just want to go on record as saying I'm fairly confident White will be replaced by someone else (an outside acquisition). Not necessarily a big name, but someone who would earn their contract

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

Dam White Love you man. IF White goes will Tao or Larrson take that spot? Or Salvador really gonna try and play again full time? Didn't expect White really thought he would stay here and maybe take a pay cut next year after his contract is up to be here.-_-

This has ownership problems written all over it. Lou is clearly shaving some cash off of payroll.

Yet they re-sign--and "overpay"--Greene. Maybe the old guard needed to be phased out. First Langs, Arnott, Rolston and now White. How does waiving Colin White=ownership problems?

from TG

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/comments/devils_place_colin_white_and_trent_hunter_on_waivers/

If either player clears waivers at noon Tuesday without being bought out, the Devils would be able to buy them out at two third the total remaining value on their contract over twice the remaining years.

For White, the buyout would be $2 million with the cap hit spread over two years—or $1 million per year. For Hunter, the buyout price would $2,666,667 with the cap hit spread over four seasons—or $666,667 per season.

In total, the Devils would save $3,333,333 in cap space in the 2011-12 season. They already have approximately $2.5 million in cap space (depending upon which players are on the roster)

I asked Lamoriello if it’s his intention to use that cap space now or if he’s going to keep it open heading into the 2011-12 season.

“You never know,” he said. “That’s a moving target.”

Lamoriello would not discuss whether the buyouts are being made in anticipation of another move that is already planned.

If this has budget written all over it then logically Lou would have offered to buy out Salvador first. Colin has one useful eye but he was pretty good last year and he has adapted. Salvador would have been bought out first. The guy was on LTIR all season last year due to concussion issues. Salvador isn't a PMD so he's expecting to get into the muck and jostle around. The odds of another concussion or concussion related symptoms. No, this isn't budgetary, something's amiss.

White has a NTC, maybe he refused to waive it. :noclue:

From TG:

Lamoriello said he has been trying to move White since the end of the season.

“Colin and I sat down and the end off the season and after the discussion we decided just to go and get a bit of a change,” Lamoriello said.

He tried to find a taker for White in a trade, but was unable. Lamoriello said White has been aware for a while that he was going to be bought out.

“This will be good for Colin,” Lamoriello said. “Now, as an unrestricted free agent, he can pick where he wants to go.”

Lamoriello admitted it was “difficult” to let go a player such as White, who has given so much to the organization and who he has known since he was 17.

“He’s been a pure Devil,” Lamoriello said of White. “It’s unfortunate, but there comes a point when young players have to get a chance. With long-term contracts in this league, this is not unusual, but is is unfortunate.”

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

Only Elias and Marty will rings from 2000 and 2003 if White REALLY leaves. Though his career would only be a Devil.

Edited by BelieveinBrodeur

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

Why do you keep saying this like it's in question? Colin White is no longer a member of the New Jersey Devils.

Some little hope my friend just a little we all need some kind. A player given so much to our Org and he is leaving really sucks. Best of luck to him.

Even if they don't sign or trade for anyone before the season starts, the added cap flexibility allows them breathing room to acquire a missing piece at the deadline or accommodate for injuries.

Not sure this is a finance problem. The team signed a lot of people, overpaid parise by two million (he would've gotten around 4 at arbitration), and added, or so they say, 1,700 additional season ticket holders.

Lou, should hsve moved White at the deadline, he would of gotten something and maybe gave Whitey a chance at a ring. If Whitey knew this was gonna happen then, then getting traded to a contender would have benn great for the 2 monthd or so he would have been gone.

I would have liked to have seen Hunter play. However, this transaction was nothing more than a ruse. He will resign back on the Island. Just part of the Rolston favor.

Until this ownership issue is settled, don't expect any real spending and surely nothing long term.

White was a good Devil, but there are a lot of happy people with him gone, namely anyone having to take any of his first passes. I have never seen anyone play the game as long as him and make passes like that. Its funny that some say Fraser is similar in style because his passes surely resembles White's. The fowards need to have knuckle ball pitchers throw at them during the offseason to prepare for those 2 passing to them.

New candidate for most useless post in thread:

now I'm starting to think about not having White scratchy voice around... :saddevil: but he didn't look like white to me anymore after his facial surgery. It was weird. It made him better looking though :noclue: Stuff like that distracts me though... Like Larry the Coach isn't even Larry the player -- they're two different guys to me. and now... what's up with the hair even... if the solid white is that bad to you, then get low lights dude!

had to help Colin226 out there -- :thumbsup:

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

He is leaving so now I have more hope.

I do not know all of the Buy-Out rules or Waiver rules. The hope for me was like Rolston if no one claims him they keep him. But i just read it on TG what Lou's intentions are so bye White:(