Chico stepping down after this season?

95Crash

I love Chico. He is that loveable character you can poke fun of. Sure. He is a homer. But at least can laugh at himself. He doesn't ruin casts like Micheletti. Chico is entertaining. He always gives his opinion on penalties. And when he's wrong, he'll admit it. He's always been the biggest Brodeur supporter. "Well Doc, it might've deflected off the back of a skate... hit a rut in the ice." But that's what makes him fun.

I had the pleasure of working as a PA in '00-01 for the team. Those home games were so much fun and excitement. I got to experience pros preparing at morning skates, practice, pregame, etc. Chico always treated me like an equal. As did Doc. They were your Sam and JD. Once, I was studying the stats page when the Thrashers visited. I informed Chico that the two teams led the league in hat tricks. He proceeded to mention it on air during the 3rd giving me credit. It was one of those cool moments. I just remember being wowed. It's something I'll never forget.

If this is it for him, it's sad. Only because I still enjoy listening to him. He is the Devils. Much like Dano, who'll probably replace him. Chico has provided you with many great moments. It's about the character. A good man.

I love Chico. He is that loveable character you can poke fun of. Sure. He is a homer. But at least can laugh at himself. He doesn't ruin casts like Micheletti. Chico is entertaining. He always gives his opinion on penalties. And when he's wrong, he'll admit it. He's always been the biggest Brodeur supporter. "Well Doc, it might've deflected off the back of a skate... hit a rut in the ice." But that's what makes him fun.

I had the pleasure of working as a PA in '00-01 for the team. Those home games were so much fun and excitement. I got to experience pros preparing at morning skates, practice, pregame, etc. Chico always treated me like an equal. As did Doc. They were your Sam and JD. Once, I was studying the stats page when the Thrashers visited. I informed Chico that the two teams led the league in hat tricks. He proceeded to mention it on air during the 3rd giving me credit. It was one of those cool moments. I just remember being wowed. It's something I'll never forget.

If this is it for him, it's sad. Only because I still enjoy listening to him. He is the Devils. Much like Dano, who'll probably replace him. Chico has provided you with many great moments. It's about the character. A good man.

Chico is absolutely a good guy. Love him. I just wish it was still him and Doc. Doc and Chico played off eachother so well and Doc knew how to interject to help Chico out when he was having a senior moment by calling Zajac, Elias, like he did last night. LOL, nothing like mistaking 19 for a 26 and thinking Elias just randomly got taller and switched to righty. I could spot that from a mile away just based on the way they skate. Chico has the best vantage point in the arena and he's still getting confused.

Edited by ATLL765

Chico is absolutely a good guy. Love him. I just wish it was still him and Doc. Doc and Chico played off eachother so well and Doc knew how to interject to help Chico out when he was having a senior moment by calling Zajac, Elias, like he did last night. LOL, nothing like mistaking 19 for a 26 and thinking Elias just randomly got taller and switched to righty. I could spot that from a mile away just based on the way they skate. Chico has the best vantage point in the arena and he's still getting confused.

hey speaking of zajac.. guy finally popped in his first goal last night thats probably what confused him.. not use to seeing zajac do those type of things