Elias “can deal with it” if he’s last player picked in all-star

Rock

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/comments/elias_can_deal_with_it_if_hes_last_player_picked_in_all-star_draft/

Elias “can deal with it” if he’s last player picked in all-star draft

“Hopefully, I don’t go last,” Elias joked. “They should go by age.”

Being serious, Elias said he didn’t mind the draft or the idea of possibly being the last player picked.

“It’s a fun event, right?” he said. “It’s a fun game. Somebody has to go last. I can deal with it. It’s OK.”

“You pick two guys (to be captains),” Elias said. “These are the best guys and they’ll pick the teams. There’s always someone that goes last. Usually I wasn’t the one when I was a kid.”

Edited by Rock

I know his play has declined, but I still love Patty and what he's meant to this team. Unlike some others, he rarely takes a night off, always seems to care, and is a fierce competitor and inspiring leader.

This topic subject just screams the fat kid being chosen last in dodge ball.

Patty is a class act and just continues to show it.

That's okay. Like I said yesterday, Patty can walk around with his SC rings to show off in front of the majority of those guys picked as "All-Stars" that don't have rings.

"Oh, you got picked ahead of me in the 'mock' all-star draft? I made a wicked blind pass to Jason Arnott who scored the cup clinching goal in double OT of game 6 of the 2000 Stanley Cup final. But that's hardly as good as getting picked 2nd or 3rd for an All-Star game where fans voted."

• Like 1

Patrik still has 30 points on this sh!tty team, that speaks for itself. Imagine if we were actually firing on all cylinders.

How many good years does Patrick have left in him? his hands still look pretty darn quick and his skating is still high quality. he wins his fair share of board battles. does he have 2 or 3 years left on his contract?

If I was the captain I would pick Patty first :evil:

How many good years does Patrick have left in him? his hands still look pretty darn quick and his skating is still high quality. he wins his fair share of board battles. does he have 2 or 3 years left on his contract?

After this season, I believe he has 2.

FanHouse predictions on who will be picked last with interesting points about positions having to be picked by a certain round as well as assistant captains.

http://nhl.fanhouse.com/2011/01/11/ales-hemsky-patrick-elias-david-backes-candidates-for-last-nhl/?ncid=txtlnkusspor00000002

A relieved Elias and Backes will find homes, leaving Hemsky with no other choice than to join a team by default. This FanHouse prediction comes from a combination of both the Edmonton Oilers forward stats (nine goals and 15 assists) and the rules that govern the draft.

The captains must pick their three goalies by the end of Round 10 and their six defensemen no later than Round 15. That will leave the captains with only forwards to pick from, a thin herd that will be filled with players who are their team's lone representative.

Hemsky, the only player from the Oilers that made the All-Star roster announced on Tuesday, is 124th in the league in scoring (24 points) and 37th among right wings, output that took a hit as he missed time with a groin injury.

Of course, this could all change if one of this trio is selected as a captain or assistant captain -- a prospect Elias could be in the running to attain.