2013 - 2014 Devils Ticket Pricing

Colin226

Individual Game

http://devils.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=85947

STH vs Individual Game

http://devils.nhl.com/v2/ext/PDF/13-14_STHVariablePricingOneSheeter.pdf?cm_mid=2722299&cm_crmid={96190bae-20ab-df11-a7c7-005056816798}&cm_medium=email

Edit: Also meant to add...

9/10 @ 10am - the exclusive STH presale begins

9/11 @ 10am - (I'm pretty sure) the regular presale begins for The team's newsletter subscribers

9/12 @ 10am - the regular sale begins

And the breakdown on games in each pricing level is:

2 Rival (Ranger games)

11 Elite

14 Premier

7 Classic

6 Special (plus the three preseason)

Edited by Colin226

Five pricing tiers??!!?!?!?

Well one's just a Ranger pricing tier lol - which is two games at that - and they kinda need multiple tiers to get around the absurdity of ever having a Florida 'gold' game again the way they did late this year.  The elite/premier are essentially all the other marquee/weekend games (everything except Pittsburgh on NYE and Minnesota's a weekend) and the classic/special are the non-marquee/weekday games (aside from a Sunday night Nashville tilt in November).

Edited by NJDevs4978

With all the sell outs from last season I'm not surpised with the rise in single game ticket prices. I do like how they broke the upper deck up into multiple price points even though my season tickets went up in section 229.

The college nights this year are probably going to be all the Special tiered games I would assume.

Some seats are $300+ for a single game??????

Those are only the front-row club seats with the free food/drink.

I do find it odd that most sth prices are way above what sth's actually pay for them.  Maybe they want to try to prevent people listing prices for super-super low on TicketExchange by setting the sth bar artificially high (iirc you could only list tickets like 10% below sth price last year), but they'll just drive people to listing them on StubHub instead.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I do find it odd that most sth prices are way above what sth's actually pay for them. Maybe they want to try to prevent people listing prices for super-super low on TicketExchange by setting the sth bar artificially high (iirc you could only list tickets like 10% below sth price last year), but they'll just drive people to listing them on StubHub instead.

I'm seeing it as more of a way to prevent an STH from becoming a ticket broker on StubHub and selling wayyyy below face.. If they reduce margins more, then STH have less incentive to buy a ton of extras and essentially cut out the Devils from selling at face value.. Can't blame them in that regard, the point of extras is to buy for family and friends, providing them a bit of a discount in the process, not to take advantage for personal gain

I'm seeing it as more of a way to prevent an STH from becoming a ticket broker on StubHub and selling wayyyy below face.. If they reduce margins more, then STH have less incentive to buy a ton of extras and essentially cut out the Devils from selling at face value.. Can't blame them in that regard, the point of extras is to buy for family and friends, providing them a bit of a discount in the process, not to take advantage for personal gain

Then don't call it sth prices then...or call it sth presale prices if they're going to mark up.  STH prices with the presale are 50% more than my actual sth cost is.

I don't disagree with the logic of not selling supercheap seats on the presale, I'm just questioning the math calling it STH prices when they're really not - at least not this year :P

Then don't call it sth prices then...or call it sth presale prices if they're going to mark up.  STH prices with the presale are 50% more than my actual sth cost is.

I don't disagree with the logic of not selling supercheap seats on the presale, I'm just questioning the math calling it STH prices when they're really not - at least not this year :P

Wait, so the STH pricing schedule that's up there is for the STH presale, not actual STH for this season? I think I got little lost.

Edit: Nevermind, I'm an idiot. It says it right there in the PDF.

Also, anybody in the "Turquoise" section that wants to tell me what their tickets cost this year? Finally got some cash saved up at the beginning of the season, but I think I recall someone mentioning they aren't doing pay as we play this year and instead require payments in thirds or something like that. I'm trying to decide between season tickets and another fish tank. Maybe someone can enlighten me.

Edited by ATLL765

I do find it odd that most sth prices are way above what sth's actually pay for them.  Maybe they want to try to prevent people listing prices for super-super low on TicketExchange by setting the sth bar artificially high (iirc you could only list tickets like 10% below sth price last year), but they'll just drive people to listing them on StubHub instead.

Thnx for the info.  Haven't been to the Rock and it doesn't appear I ever will. :(

I must admit, since i am looking at buying single game tickets for my visit this year, that it is a little complicated in terms of all the colors, and what i am wanting to spend on each game.

Pretty crazy.

I may see how it goes, but even trying to check out tickets that i might want to buy, was pretty confusing.

In the end i basically look at a section and row and see if i like the view, then see if i like the price.

not much i can do about it though, i want to go to 2 games at the rock while in town, apart from the outdoor game.

How long were you planning to stay?  There are two games in the five days before the Winter Classic, one of them (the St. Louis game) is the cheapest column and the other one (Caps) is the middle tier.  After the Winter Classic there isn't another home game for eight days, but that one is also the cheapest column (Avs).

could they make this more complicated? 5 tiers and you have to worry if you're looking for "Charcoal" or "Rust" section seats!? What next, are they going to price every single seat in the arena separately?

The Flyers' upper bowl is priced differently by row, so it's possible! Just shows how different the demand for Devils tickets can be. I know they've spent a TON of time analyzing sales and secondary market prices in order to come up with this

How long were you planning to stay?  There are two games in the five days before the Winter Classic, one of them (the St. Louis game) is the cheapest column and the other one (Caps) is the middle tier.  After the Winter Classic there isn't another home game for eight days, but that one is also the cheapest column (Avs).

I'll be in NYC from January 20 to 28, so will be going to the Blues and Caps game at the Rock, then the Rangers outdoor game. I should of written my post clearer.

In essence, i may or may not buy directly from the Devils, I will see what Stubhub prices reveal. Either way i will be going to those 2 games. Colin226 will help me out, but i did want to do some investigating with what the Devils released.

I will most likely be in the upper area hanging out with Colin226 for the Blues game, then for the Caps game spend up and get a club lounge seat. Got to experience it at least once.