Something to think about...

KitKatTGM

I don't like the idea of "borrowing trouble" -- that is, building up fear and anxiety over the unknown future. I think that hockey fans are borrowing trouble over a lockout that -- you know? -- might never happen.

I don't think either Gary Bettman or Bob Goodenow are fools. They know that the NHL is struggling for an audience. They know that a prolonged work stoppage is the WORST thing that can happen to the league. All this talk of worst-case scenarios may be shock tactics, a way to get the other side to think of what they might be losing.

Remember back in 2002, when baseball threatened to go on strike? At the 11th hour, the two sides got together and worked their differences out. Sept. 15 is more than three months away. Anything can happen.

Besides, it's more fun to be an optimist! :D

I think we've all thought of that and we certainly hope that isn't the case.

When guys are making plans to play in other leagues, well, that's something baseball didn't have to really worry about. The elites would get paid fairly well and still keep in shape, it's a much more viable option than what the major leaguers had.

So when both sides are saying prepare for one or two years, you gotta at least in some part of your mind get ready for that. MLB needed to get things settled without a strike so they didn't drive away an extremely expansive fan base, whereas the NHL needs to get things settled so they can keep what they have and build on that.

It's nice to wear the rose-colored glasses, and if you're right, you won't have to suffer.

No one wants the deal more than the people here... I mean we're at a Devils board two months removed from our team taking the ice. We love hockey more than both these sides probably know.

Edited by Elias Sports Bureau