Cannot mark forums as read

StarDew

When I click the little porthole it used to go dim and the forum was marked as read. Now it doesn't do that. Anyone else having this issue? I have to go into the forum and mark it as read.

btw the njdevs icon is gone from bookmarks since the upgrade. It now looks like a blue radioactive icon. Yikes!

Thnx a bunch. :)

Okay, I will add some information and I want someone to test it, please.

If I join the forum and mark forums as read via clicking the portal, such as The Marketplace, and then read Hell, since that is only what I read currently, finish with Hell then return to main page and try to click the portal to mark forums that have new posts As Read, I see the green loading message and nothing is marked as read unless I go in and do it manually. Now I am just using the Mark Board As Read before I logout.

I guess I am the only one this happens to. I will use my workaround as I do with the font stuff. Just wanted folks to know.

The loading issue is a known bug with the software. They keep trying to fix it, too many browsers to combat with.

The mark read issue seems to be reoccurring with you. It might be frequency of visits or some stronger level of browser security you are using since it relies on cookies to work correctly.

The mark as read issue: I tried it today on my work PC, got the same results as Dew. Then again, something weird happened with that browser (I think it's the most recent version of Firefox) earlier this week and I lost many of my settings. I just tried it now on my laptop (again, most recent version of Firefox) and it is working.

The loading issue is a known bug with the software. They keep trying to fix it, too many browsers to combat with.

The mark read issue seems to be reoccurring with you. It might be frequency of visits or some stronger level of browser security you are using since it relies on cookies to work correctly.

I didn't think that was an error but just a step. Loading is fine, lots of apps say loading or something to that effect. As far as cookies, I delete mine from this site 2x a month. Are you suggesting I do it nightly?

The mark as read issue: I tried it today on my work PC, got the same results as Dew. Then again, something weird happened with that browser (I think it's the most recent version of Firefox) earlier this week and I lost many of my settings. I just tried it now on my laptop (again, most recent version of Firefox) and it is working.

I am using FF 3.5.5. Rowdy. I was told the newer versions are buggy so I stayed with this version. Are you suggesting I upgrade to 3.6? Aiye, I hate updating FF because I lose my settings. I always backup my bookmarks so I can reload them if they get lost.

Weird, now it's working on my PC at work too.

I didn't think that was an error but just a step. Loading is fine, lots of apps say loading or something to that effect. As far as cookies, I delete mine from this site 2x a month. Are you suggesting I do it nightly?

I have a hard time seeing how it'll help. You shouldn't have to delete your cookies at all.

I am using FF 3.5.5. Rowdy. I was told the newer versions are buggy so I stayed with this version. Are you suggesting I upgrade to 3.6? Aiye, I hate updating FF because I lose my settings. I always backup my bookmarks so I can reload them if they get lost.

I'm not necessarily saying you need to upgrade, I was just listing what I use for a point of reference.

I think I have Chrome and Safari installed, I'll have to try those later when I get time.

• 2 weeks later...

A little quirk I found about this whole issue...if I come to the site using my favorites link or typing the url in the address bar I can alway immediately click on the portholes marking each forum as read....however if I visit the site, navigate in and out of forums and topics then use the header to navigate back to the "home" page that is when I have issues clicking on the portholes to mark the forums as read...if that makes sense

• 2 weeks later...