nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,223 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 12:49 PM

Jets.

:)

Edited by nmigliore, 09 September 2012 - 12:50 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#42 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,360 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:15 PM

Terrific job by Sanchez thus far. His arm actually looks STRONGER...and the 1 int was bullsh!t since the Bill clearly had his foot out of bounds

The wildcat has been meh. Couple of plays for like 3-4 a pop.

The Jets have done a nice job spreading the ball to all receivers.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#43 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,223 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:34 PM

Not liking the Tebow Wildcat so far. Sanchez has looked excellent, just leave him in when he's in such a strong rhythm.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#44 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,903 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:56 PM

At least the Jets came out angry and hungry, thank you New York Post for that stupid clown cover.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#45 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,223 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:57 PM

Bill-lieve in Fitz, right? :lol:

Edited by nmigliore, 09 September 2012 - 01:57 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#46 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,903 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:07 PM

Someone might want to tell the Jets there's still time left in this game now :rolleyes:

Yippee, Tebow recovers the onside kick, finally giving the zealots reason to cheer.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#47 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,223 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:21 PM

Exciting finishes in Green Bay and Arizona (who knew?). That was a really impressive victory by San Francisco; they shut down Aaron Rodgers when they needed to and Alex Smith continues to look like 2011 wasn't a fluke. In Arizona, Kevin Kolb plays hero and Seattle was handed a 4th timeout with about 30 seconds left at Arizona's 4 yard line... and still couldn't find the end zone on 3 consecutive pass plays. I don't think Bill Simmons enjoyed this one too much.

Philly (barely) escaped from Cleveland in a near-upset that would've destroyed millions (billons?) of survival pools. :lol:

Stafford was pretty crappy in another near-upset against St. Louis but he made up for it with a fantastic 2-minute drill. Kind of feel bad for St. Louis, it really looked like they had that game stolen after they took the lead.

Didn't see the game, but RGIII: wow.

Edited by nmigliore, 09 September 2012 - 07:23 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#48 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,360 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:43 PM

[center][center]
Buffalo at NY Jets

Mark Sanchez threw his best long bomb of the season in having dinner with Eva Longoria this Sunday…..And lil TimmUHAY Teebow’s praying already…oh wait…he always does that…my bad…the Jet offense looked historically bad in the pre-season (and while I don’t value that much, you look at the personnel they have and it only validates what you thought before the season started….the Bills are healthy, improved and KINGS of flying out the gate early and making some noise….and they look like a pretty solid team ….at least so far….you can tout and puff up the Jet D all you want…but until I see an ELITE pass rusher on that team I can’t take them too serious OR call them elite myself….and with this offense that D is gonna be out there 40 minutes plus a game…that’s not a good thing….this is a MUST win for the Bills if they want to get this season off on the right track…..I gotta take them…..

Winner: Bills

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#49 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,944 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:19 PM

Exciting finishes in Green Bay and Arizona (who knew?). That was a really impressive victory by San Francisco; they shut down Aaron Rodgers when they needed to and Alex Smith continues to look like 2011 wasn't a fluke. In Arizona, Kevin Kolb plays hero and Seattle was handed a 4th timeout with about 30 seconds left at Arizona's 4 yard line... and still couldn't find the end zone on 3 consecutive pass plays. I don't think Bill Simmons enjoyed this one too much.

Philly (barely) escaped from Cleveland in a near-upset that would've destroyed millions (billons?) of survival pools. :lol:

Stafford was pretty crappy in another near-upset against St. Louis but he made up for it with a fantastic 2-minute drill. Kind of feel bad for St. Louis, it really looked like they had that game stolen after they took the lead.

Didn't see the game, but RGIII: wow.

This is why Week 1 and Week 17 are the ROUGHEST weeks to predict in all of football....

I'm worried about the Packers and Saints now personally....this Sunday Night game is ugly as hell, and there was about 10 WTF games today :blink:

Plus we had no Direct TV at the bar....AGAIN :rant:

NFL Red Zone showed a LOT of Luck and RG 3 today..... Griffin was....WOW...I'm curious to how much of that was awful Saints D.....each time they featured that game we NEVER saw Brees with the ball....

Also why I took the Pats in week 1 for survivor....do NOT mess around week 1 :P

We'll see ....one season is not made in one week....there's a reason I'm not thumping about the Cowboys either......
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#50 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,962 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:44 PM

This is why Week 1 and Week 17 are the ROUGHEST weeks to predict in all of football....

And the worst thing about Week 1 is that everyone (or so it seems) who is 1-0 thinks they're Super Bowl-bound, and all of the 0-1 teams are in serious trouble. I remember after the Pats got shut out by the Bledsoe-led Bills 31-0 in Week 1 and Brady threw four picks, right away it was the Patriots kept the wrong QB, and they never should have let Lawyer Milloy go, etc. All the Pats did after that horrible Week 1 (and it WAS as bas as the score would indicate) was lose one more game on the way to winning the Super Bowl...beating those same Bills in Week 17 by a score of...31-0.

But with a week to talk about a bad Week 1 loss, they have a way of getting blown up, as do with Week 1 wins. Nothing to compare them to.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#51 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,223 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:08 PM

This looks too easy for Baltimore... Flacco is killing it.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#52 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,962 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:15 PM

This looks too easy for Baltimore... Flacco is killing it.

We talked about it...this is a big season for Flacco. He wants to show he's worthy of being mentioned with big boys.
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#53 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,223 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:01 PM

I thought I spoke too soon but Baltimore is all over them again.

Flacco still looks awesome. They'll cruise to the division title and then some if he's anything close this level of play...

Edited by nmigliore, 10 September 2012 - 08:39 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#54 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,962 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:53 AM

I thought I spoke too soon but Baltimore is all over them again.

Flacco still looks awesome. They'll cruise to the division title and then some if he's anything close this level of play...

Don't want to take anything away from the Ravens, as they played a terrific game in all phases. It was funny in a way...you could almost tell that, to a man, when it got to be 17-13, they basically said to themselves, "How are we only up four points against these guys?", then pretty much went to town after that.

But what a joke of an effort by the Bungles...they make it 17-13, Baltimore drives right down the field to make it 24-13, and Cincy basically flat-out stops competing at that point.

#30 FOREVER!

#55 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,454 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:14 AM

Great coaching and effort by my Ravens last night. Super psyched we were able to get in Dalton's face without T-Sizzle. Flacco played as I expected. I am worried about next week with less prep time at Philly.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users