Cangi to be Devils new PBP guy

brodeur14301991

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this does not surprise me. i actually think steve is a good guy and his play by play is decent. you simply can't replace doc. the writing was on the wall though since emrick was spending more and more time "on assignment". i agree with goarmysports in that he seems to be committed to the organization, he has a good attitude... it could be worse... :D

Thank goodness for Chico or I would never turn on the TV.

Doc and Chico was the duo. But each time I watched a game with Steve and Chico, the chemistry just wasn't there. Emrick and him were like a couple of old friends, understatnding each other very well. Doc would let Chico go on his random ramblings every once in a while, but he always knew when to get back on track. But Doc was Doc. Without him, Chico seems much less tolerable in the booth (though he's always a great guy).

I don't dislike Steve as a person, but I just think he is an average play-by-play at best. He did improve a bit over the years (or maybe I just got used to him), so maybe not all hope is lost, but going from Doc to him is just a huge downgrade.

I think they should've gone with someone with more charisma and personality. As I said, Doc was Doc - you won't find a better guy for the job. So if everyone else is worse than him (in terms of proffessionalism), hire someone who buys the fans with his character, maybe sense of humour... Steve is just transparent.