Post Lockout Trades/Signings Thread

Triumph

Flames claim Joey MacDonald off waivers...

But the real story is this gem of a comment under the article...

burgerfoot

1 hour ago

I love this pick up. Now the Flames can finally trade Kipper for a Letang or a Doughty. WE NEED D BAD.

Good to know that our crackpot ideas aren't the worst in the league...

Edited by Devil Dan 56

O'Reilly's rights are available, according to Dater. Man oh man I'd love him on the Devils.

Seriously. Do we have the assets to pull off any deal? I am sure the entire league will be calling and many of them will have more to offer than the Devils. I would think the Avs would want a couple NHL bodies along with some prospects in return. And then you have to meet his demands.

Edited by devilsrule33

Seriously. Do we have the assets to pull off any deal? I am sure the entire league will be calling and many of them will have more to offer than the Devils. I would think the Avs would want a couple NHL bodies along with some prospects in return. And then you have to meet his demands.

From what I read, roster players is what they want. Forward and defenseman. 

TSN speculating that Avs want a roster player and a top prospect in return.

If the Devils can somehow pull this off reasonably, that would really set the franchise up solidly for the future. Adding a young guy like O'Reilly would be great. NJ has the cap space moving forward, too.

Not a lot of expendable/tradeable roster players right now though, aside from the glut of defensemen. Plus Avs probably want a guy like Merrill to be part of the package.

It's not like Lou to make this kind of deal, but they might have the ability.  I don't see anyone flinging huge prospects their way for a 21 year old holdout with a less than stellar track record.

It's not like Lou to make this kind of deal, but they might have the ability.  I don't see anyone flinging huge prospects their way for a 21 year old holdout with a less than stellar track record.

i personally don't think so but maybe they'd be willing to get "decent quantity" instead of "risky quality". With all their injuries the avs are in for a though time for sure. We have lot's of expandable but "solid" players. I know the avs are looking for a roster player and a good prospect but what about, a decent roster player, most likely one of our D if thats what Avs is looking for and maybe 2 prospects... 

i dont know what their contract situation is and if they are close to 50 and if they can take anymore contracts but who knows.

Edited by SterioDesign

I think o Reilly might be pricing himself out of Colorado on purpose. I expect when he does get traded to sign for less than he was asking for in Colorado. If loktionov can replace JJ then why not trade JJ and tallinder for o Reilly and sign him for around 4m per year? Plus with it becoming pretty obvious that zubes is done for this season this could be a really good move to make.

TSN speculating that Avs want a roster player and a top prospect in return.

If the Devils can somehow pull this off reasonably, that would really set the franchise up solidly for the future. Adding a young guy like O'Reilly would be great. NJ has the cap space moving forward, too.

Not a lot of expendable/tradeable roster players right now though, aside from the glut of defensemen. Plus Avs probably want a guy like Merrill to be part of the package.

I think the Devils could get this done.

Colorado wants a roster player and top prospect right?

What about Yayo and Merrill? Yes I know he's one of our better defensive prospects (if not our best) but I think this could be a very fair package for both sides to get this done.

Unless Yayo/Burlon is attractive enough from a Colorado standpoint.

Edited by TheMazz

Then in that case Tallinder + Urbom should do it if they need defense that bad. One is an experienced, serviceable NHL vet and another is a NHL ready young defenseman with a lot of potential.

Not sure that the Devils would want to package TWO defensemen however.

Maybe Tallinder + Yayo? For just ROR?

Then in that case Tallinder + Urbom should do it if they need defense that bad. One is an experienced, serviceable NHL vet and another is a NHL ready young defenseman with a lot of potential.

Not sure that the Devils would want to package TWO defensemen however.

Maybe Tallinder + Yayo? For just ROR?

Without even thinking twice I would do that. Basially swapping RoR for JoJo and just erasing Tallinders cap. But I dont think the Avs would want that.

Edited by Zubie#8

Young centers like O'Reilly never become available. It will be interesting to see what he returns.

Denver news reports on O'Reilly

Ryan O’Reilly: the counterargument

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2013/02/13/ryan-oreilly-the-counterargument/12557/

and...

More Avalanche Injuries: Erik Johnson out indefinitely

http://www.milehighhockey.com/2013/2/13/3985550/nhl-avalanche-injuries-erik-johnson-out-indefinitely