jersey

Second one down, what do you think?

http://dorholtcustomsports.com/oldschool.html

Unlicensed knockoff for starters. Those jerseys are not licensed for production and do not have the Devils permission to do so and copy the logo, not to mention the NHL. It's actually a copyright violation and production should be stopped on these jerseys. Besides that, the road red is a disgrace as the striping is not accurate at all in size and same goes for the white.

Save your $ and get a real one.

Unlicensed knockoff for starters. Those jerseys are not licensed for production and do not have the Devils permission to do so and copy the logo, not to mention the NHL. It's actually a copyright violation and production should be stopped on these jerseys. Besides that, the road red is a disgrace as the striping is not accurate at all in size and same goes for the white.

Save your $ and get a real one.

my thoughts exactly. when is some company like ccm or starter gonna get the message and start reproducing vintage jerseys? They would make soo much money. Especially from die-hard fans, think of watching a game against Ottawa and seeing their fans the old no-logo striped jerseys from the early part of the century. Or watching a Rangers game and seeing....well i guess the same thing you see now.

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil

my thoughts exactly. when is some company like ccm or starter gonna get the message and start reproducing vintage jerseys? They would make soo much money. Especially from die-hard fans, think of watching a game against Ottawa and seeing their fans the old no-logo striped jerseys from the early part of the century. Or watching a Rangers game and seeing....well i guess the same thing you see now.

That wasn't the same Ottawa Senators franchise though.

Yea they were probably just too busy last year making all the Edge jerseys. Maybe this year or next year we'll see some new vintage jerseys being made.

I hope so, I would buy a christmas tree jersey in a heartbeat.

I hope so, I would buy a christmas tree jersey in a heartbeat.

Me too. I really wonder why they haven't tapped into that yet? You see those lots of those jerseys at games. It is obviously something that is in demand.

I would def buy one in red and one in white atleast. Maybe even multiples.

I wonder if it's something where the Devils won't agree to it.

Lou has stated that the Devils will not wear red/green or have a 3rd jersey of any kind. From what i remember, he wanted to be like the Montreal Canadiens where the team's tradition and history revolved around one identity. What pissed me off was years ago when the 87-88 Patrick Division champs banner was changed from the red/green logo to the black and red.

Lou has stated that the Devils will not wear red/green or have a 3rd jersey of any kind. From what i remember, he wanted to be like the Montreal Canadiens where the team's tradition and history revolved around one identity. What pissed me off was years ago when the 87-88 Patrick Division champs banner was changed from the red/green logo to the black and red.

Yeah, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he wouldn't let reebok make some vintage jerseys for the fans to buy. I mean, they sell all sorts of jerseys that teams don't actually wear. I don't see why they couldn't just make a vintage line that teams don't actually wear. :noclue:

Yeah, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he wouldn't let reebok make some vintage jerseys for the fans to buy. I mean, they sell all sorts of jerseys that teams don't actually wear. I don't see why they couldn't just make a vintage line that teams don't actually wear. :noclue:

That either. This organization wants to remove itself from the red/green years. The only reproduction of the red/greens that were made were the M&N jerseys and they were pulled from stores and production as M&N jumped the gun to make them before the deal was officially singed through the NHL and with the Devils permission. These jerseys were somehow sold after they were pulled in stores like TJ Maxx and Marshalls in upstate NY mostly and some select NJ/NYC area stores. Plus the merchants with M&N accounts that got them first never sent them back to M&N to be destroyed claiming they sold them and threw them on eBay to maximize profits.

Edited by SJP20

That either. This organization wants to remove itself from the red/green years. The only reproduction of the red/greens that were made were the M&N jerseys and they were pulled from stores and production as M&N jumped the gun to make them before the deal was officially singed through the NHL and with the Devils permission. These jerseys were somehow sold after they were pulled in stores like TJ Maxx and Marshalls in upstate NY mostly and some select NJ/NYC area stores. Plus the merchants with M&N accounts that got them first never sent them back to M&N to be destroyed claiming they sold them and threw them on eBay to maximize profits.

That's disappointing. Its Lou's call, but I think the the Devs should embrace the red & green. I mean, look at where we've come from from the red & green. I think at least acknowledging it would be a thank you to the guys who stuck around in the early years, and it would be an F.U. to Gretzky and his "Mickey Mouse Organization" comment, imo. Most importantly, the first amazing thing to happen to the Devils was in the red and green (the 88 playoff run). Embrace thy past.

That's disappointing. Its Lou's call, but I think the the Devs should embrace the red & green. I mean, look at where we've come from from the red & green. I think at least acknowledging it would be a thank you to the guys who stuck around in the early years, and it would be an F.U. to Gretzky and his "Mickey Mouse Organization" comment, imo. Most importantly, the first amazing thing to happen to the Devils was in the red and green (the 88 playoff run). Embrace thy past.

I agree. They have those green jerseys in the concourse at the Rock. Why not let fans purchase them legally instead of trying to get knockoffs?

I was lucky enough to find one of the white M&N's one mentioned above, but I'd love to be able to order a red one without wondering about its quality.

A friend got me a Colorado Rockies hat from the NHL Store in Manhattan last week for my birthday. It's pretty sweet, and I was moderately shocked they had it considering the Devils' unwillingness to embrace pre-1993 team history. Though I guess maybe Rockies/Scouts copyrights are probably owned by the NHL and not the team...

On a side note, that was the first time I went to the NHL Store...I dig. :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...
A friend got me a Colorado Rockies hat from the NHL Store in Manhattan last week for my birthday. It's pretty sweet, and I was moderately shocked they had it considering the Devils' unwillingness to embrace pre-1993 team history. Though I guess maybe Rockies/Scouts copyrights are probably owned by the NHL and not the team...

On a side note, that was the first time I went to the NHL Store...I dig. :thumbsup:

Great place....

The gear is a little overpriced...even for NYC

Did you dig the giant Brodeur!

I been there a few times. Not enough Devils gear in my opinoin.

Great place....

The gear is a little overpriced...even for NYC

Did you dig the giant Brodeur!

I was there for the first time yesterday. I didn't see the giant Brodeur, guess someone took it.

As for not having enough Devils stuff, they had about as much Devils stuff as any other team it seemed, except maybe the Rangers, Red Wings, and Penguins all for obvious reasons. I thought the place would be bigger based on pictures I've seen. And I expected to see a lot more vintage jerseys, I didn't think I would walk out of there without preventing myself from expanding my jersey collection, but there weren't any that I wanted and some of the Gretzky ones I saw seemed to be customized incorrectly.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.