trade for arnott

NYCdevil

Dreaming is a lot of fun if they are close to reality but when they are dreams that are off the wall it's a waste of time.

How about trading Arnott for Brodeur straight up? Would Nashville take the deal would the Devils take the deal? I say neither would take the deal.

Edited by LucifersDog

Really, now...they told their fan base that they're not planning to compete this year? Link? Pulled out of your a$$ much?

I live in Nashville, I'm a partial season ticket holder...and that has not been stated down here. They may be able to squeak into the 6-7-8 spots with some luck, but your statement is just not true.

How about learning to read first genius? I didn't say anything of the sort. Moron.

Here's my statement again...notice the words that are bolded:

Not today, that's for sure. Maybe at the deadline, if the Preds are out of it and the selling price will be at its highest, but unless an equally good player is coming back, then the Preds are already telling their fans that they're not planning to compete in '09-'10. Not good for a franchise that's on shaky ground with its fanbase as it is.

Basically, since you can't comprehend the sentences in front of you, I was basically stating that if (do you understand what the word "if" means? And how to follow "if...then" scenarios?) the Preds were to trade Arnott before the season started, then that would be raising a red flag in the eyes of their fanbase. Obviously they have no intention of doing so.

Why don't YOU try pulling something out of YOUR ass...like your head.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Not today, that's for sure. Maybe at the deadline, if the Preds are out of it and the selling price will be at its highest, but unless an equally good player is coming back, then the Preds are already telling their fans that they're not planning to compete in '09-'10. Not good for a franchise that's on shaky ground with its fanbase as it is.

Am I missing something? Other than your rambling sentence that doesn't make much sense, that's EXACTLY what you said.

Maybe in your own jibberish you call english, you meant that "at the deadline, the Preds fall out of it & decide to become sellers."

Instead you said "the Preds are already telling their fans that they're not planning to compete in '09-'10."

Hope you get the broken english "fixed."

Am I missing something? Other than your rambling sentence that doesn't make much sense, that's EXACTLY what you said.

Maybe in your own jibberish you call english, you meant that "at the deadline, the Preds fall out of it & decide to become sellers."

Instead you said "the Preds are already telling their fans that they're not planning to compete in '09-'10."

what he was saying is that if the predators make that move, THEN they are punting the whole season, ERGO they won't make that move BECAUSE they don't want to punt the season BEFORE IT STARTS

and that was CR1976's whole point

Edited by Triumph

That isn't what I said at all. Are you really this stupid? Read it in context with Triumph's post (the one I quoted), and maybe, just maybe, it will become clear to you. You seem to be the only one who can't comprehend it.

You should have just written "duuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhh" and saved yourself the trouble of embarrassing yourself further.

Funny, devilsrule33 understood EXACTLY what I meant, which is why he told you to re-read my post. 99.9% of the members on here understand what I write, and I hardly write in jibberish. Feel free to check out my backlog of posts.

Anyway, I'm done with this. Me attempting to explain a post that was clear to everyone else isn't going to make you any smarter.

what he was saying is that if the predators make that move, THEN they are punting the whole season, ERGO they won't make that move BECAUSE they don't want to punt the season BEFORE IT STARTS

THANK YOU TRIUMPH! SEE IT'S NOT REALLY SO fvckING HARD, IS IT Z-MAN?

I get his point now. They way he typed it was extremely misleading. Saying "the Preds are already telling their fans..." blah blah blah.

Should've known a Patriots fan since 2001 can't type a coherent sentence.

Edited by Z-Man

I get his point now. They way he typed it was extremely misleading. Saying "the Preds are already telling their fans..." blah blah blah.

[AL MICHAELS] "DO YOU BELIEVE IN MIRACLES? YES!" [/AL MICHAELS]

Like I said in my PM...next time know what the fvck you're talking about before you jump down someone's throat and make yourself look like an ass in the process. Outstanding.

Should've known a Patriots fan since 2001 can't type a coherent sentence.

And now you're going to embarrass yourself further with cheapshots. Epic fail on your part.

everyone is putting arnott on too high a pedastool. okay maybe the first round was too much and we could throw in another prospect but if u look at past trades in the nhl its not always giving up so much for solid players.. example:

To Washington: Sergei Fedorov

To Columbus: Theo Ruth

To Washington: Cristobal Huet

To Montreal: 2009 2nd Round Pick

To San Jose: Brian Campbell and a 2008 7th Round Pick

To Buffalo: Steve Bernier, 1st Round Pick

Vancouver traded Alexander Mogilny to New Jersey for Denis Pederson and Brendan Morrison.

Phoenix traded Tony Amonte to Philly for Guillaume Lefebvre, a 3rd round pick in 2003 and a 2nd round pick in 2004.

and the biggest steal ever

Columbus trades Grant Marshall to New Jersey for a conditional pick in 2004.

everyone is putting arnott on too high a pedastool. okay maybe the first round was too much and we could throw in another prospect but if u look at past trades in the nhl its not always giving up so much for solid players.. example:

Vancouver traded Alexander Mogilny to New Jersey for Denis Pederson and Brendan Morrison.

Phoenix traded Tony Amonte to Philly for Guillaume Lefebvre, a 3rd round pick in 2003 and a 2nd round pick in 2004.

Most of those trades are deadline deals, making them a totally different animal. Those trades were made when teams knew they were out and were looking to sell. Nashville doing that now, as CR1976 said, would basically be like taking the season off.

There's reasons why the price tags weren't as high as one might think: Sergei Federov was getting up there in years and was clearly past his prime, Huet was losing the #1 job, and Mogilny wasn't even really a scorer at that point (he referred to himself as a "plumber" on more than one occasion during the '00 Cup run). If you remember, he didn't really become the Mogilny of old, as a Devil, until about 30 games into the '00-'01 regular season. As for the others...Buffalo did manage to get a 1st-rounder, and with decent drafting a 2nd and 3rd rounder (given up in the Amonte deal) can net you at least one average-to-good NHLer.

Yeah, the Marshall trade turned out to be a good one. Lou has a way of getting more out of what seems like a "meh" trade than many GMs (the Corey Millen-for-Neal Broten trade is a terrific example of this).

DD56 (yet another member who understood my post on the first try)...that's exactly why Arnott won't be available for quite some time, unless they're getting a help-us-right-now quantity in return, and even then the Preds would have to be overwhelmed by an offer to make a move. I think they like Arnott a lot and think highly of him.

i know it probably won't happen, but it would be great for the Devils to get get back one of my favorite players of all time Jason Arnott. Obviously Nashville would want something really good back and was thinking it should go this way:

Devils trade: David Clarkson, Tyler Eckford, 3rd Round pick

Predators trade: Jason Arnott, 1st round pick (maybe 2nd)

:doh1:

And I thought replays of old Devils games every Thursday would be a GOOD thing. See what happens around here?!

Edited by puckrock