GDT: 2012 NHL Draft discussion (Rumors and trades)

Derlique

This should be interesting. The 1st round should be active in general trade wise. I wouldn't be surprised too see Lou trade up or make package someone up with the 29th overall for someone.

On HFBoards, there's talk about TB wanting to trade out of the 19th pick, and that, supposedly, Yzerman had a lot of interest in signing Andy Greene last summer. I don't see it happening, except maybe if Grigorenko takes a nosedive. I don't expect him to fall all the way to 19 though.

The other interesting thing about Grigorenko was Custance, on NHL Network last night, saying that the issues about his work ethic are overblown, if not completely untrue. He made a convincing case, at least so far as I was concerned.

On HFBoards, there's talk about TB wanting to trade out of the 19th pick, and that, supposedly, Yzerman had a lot of interest in signing Andy Greene last summer. I don't see it happening, except maybe if Grigorenko takes a nosedive. I don't expect him to fall all the way to 19 though.

The other interesting thing about Grigorenko was Custance, on NHL Network last night, saying that the issues about his work ethic are overblown, if not completely untrue. He made a convincing case, at least so far as I was concerned.

If we got Grigs, that would be a Larsson level steal

For those looking to watch tonight, according to TG, here are the TV details.

Tonight

NBC Sports Network: 7pm to 9pm NHL Draft round 1 (picks 1 through 15 or so)

NHL Network and CBC: 9pm to End of round 1

Tomorrow

NHL Network: 10am rounds 2 through 7.

Jury is still kinda out on Bobrovsky as he's only started 77 games in his NHL career, but he really wasn't any good this year and had a poor finish to the season in 10-11 as well as a poor playoff. I'd keep the picks. Philly wins this trade

Jury is still kinda out on Bobrovsky as he's only started 77 games in his NHL career, but he really wasn't any good this year and had a poor finish to the season in 10-11 as well as a poor playoff. I'd keep the picks. Philly wins this trade

Disagree. The highest pick in the cache Philly got was #45 and it remains to be seen what Philly does with these picks. Draft picks are all crapshoots. Bobrovsky has NHL experience and is widely expected to get better. If anything, the jury is still out on both of these trades. In the immediate, the trade addresses a Columbus need and Bobrovsky could turn out to be very good. I say its a good trade for both sides at the least. Philly gets some depth pick wise and Columbus gets a young tender with experience that has an upside.

How high do you think the Devils go if they trade up? 20? 15? 10?

Depends how how they want to go/who they're targeting. They could go as high as they wanted if they decide to make some deals.

I think the highest they'd go is the low teens, but thats a stretch. More realistically is 5-10.

Really weird, out of the blue tweet from Adam Proteau. Probably just a random thought, but interesting nonetheless. I'd doubt the Devils trade for PK

Adam Proteau ‏@Proteautype

Strangling P.K. Subban's smile & personality & turning him into a somnambulist N.J. Devil would be Lou Lamoriello's biggest accomplishment.

Really weird, out of the blue tweet from Adam Proteau. Probably just a random thought, but interesting nonetheless. I'd doubt the Devils trade for PK

Maybe talking about us drafting Malcolm, since they apparently have similar outgoing personalities.

Maybe talking about us drafting Malcolm, since they apparently have similar outgoing personalities.

Dont want Malcolm. Hes a headcase. And the more I read on him, the less enthusiastic about him.

And that Proteau tweet is an insult to the Devils.

Edited by ghdi

Dont want Malcolm. Hes a headcase. And the more I read on him, the less enthusiastic about him.

I have a similar trending feeling, but it depends on what is available at our pick. It might be a worthwhile risk depending on what's there.