Cangialosi wins two NY Emmy awards

ddubs11

Good for him. I think he's done a good job. He's nowhere near Doc, obviously, but I haven't noticed him, which is the best you can ask for, especially in his first year working full time. His chemistry with Chico has also gotten much better.

• Like 1

I don't mind him at all really. I wish he would stop with the "sharp angle shot" stuff but other than that it doesn't bother me because he is a lot better than most of the other play-by-play announcers in the league.

Hockey isn't the easiest sport to do either.

He won for "On-Camera Talent: Anchor - Sports" and "On-Camera Talent: Sports Play-by-Play".

Good for Cango. He's had a ridiculously tough act to follow, but he's done just fine and will continue to get better as he finds himself as a PBP guy. Congrats!

(Also, not to completely talk down the worth of a NY Emmy, but FWIW Al Twatwig also won one. In fairness, it was for his Knicks work and not his hockey work. For all I know, the giant douche is awesome at covering hoops.)

I think Cangi is underrated and quite good. He has especially gotten better as the season has gone by and has reduced the number of times he goes to his catch phrases like "sharp angle shot."

Good for him and I look forward to hearing him again for seasons to come.

He's gotten much, much better as the year has progressed.

He still has the occasional slip up (player names, call on the ice, etc), but I think it's only especially noticeable because Doc was damn near perfect at his job.

Good for Steve

Congrats to him. He's good and getting better. The one thing that still bothers me is that he needs to display more personality and more willingness to go back and forth with Chico. However, even that has been progressing through the year, so here's hoping he continues improving.

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

I just don't get the Doc love I guess.

At least Cangi sounds like he's from Jersey and he keeps up with the action just as good as Doc did. Plus he doesn't say things like "waffle board".

I don't really see why Cangi gets hate.

• Like 1

eh, he has his shortcomings, anyone would compared to Doc. He has his catchphrases too ("SCAR!" "sharp-angle shot", etc) but so did Doc. He's done a good job filling in, nobody will ever be a replacement for Doc. Cangy's put in a bunch of enthusiasm into his calling. While he may not match Doc there either, I haven't watched a game where he sounds blah about a game. So haters aside, good for him. :cheers:

steve-cangialosi.jpg

Doc and Chico both have high pitched voices. Listening to them commentate together was painful sometimes. We need some low end (which is why I was such a big fan of Gary Thorne).

I cannot imagine in what world you think Gary Thorne is a good announcer. I swear if Joe Sakic, Ray Bourque, Patrik Roy or Mario Lemieux ever came to a sudden stop his face would be halfway up their asses.

Doc did have a high pitched voice but he did work on it over the years and it got a lot easier to listen to. You can def hear the difference when you hear him now and from a mid 90's game.

• Like 1

Steve is getting a bit better. Here are his problems IMO

1. Voice is kind of like one of those annoying wacky morning radio show DJ's. This can be fixed.
  2. Shat Scar
  3. Needs a list of alternatives to "Sharp Angle Shot"
  4. Doesn't seem to have the most hockey knowledge, but is learning.

Let me add another item to the list...

1. Voice is kind of like one of those annoying wacky morning radio show DJ's. This can be fixed.
  2. Shat Scar
  5. Consistently misses plays like pucks hitting the post, or misidentifying players

2. Shat Scar

NOOOOOOOOOO. Shat scar can never go away; its his signature call.

• Like 1