39 replies to this topic

#21 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,521 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:30 PM

Francessa is smacking down this Ranger fan who came on claiming the Devils are always overrated. :lol: Overrated? They're always picked to miss the playoffs, including years like last year where they go to the cup finals.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#22 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:30 PM

I missed it as well. Was Mike at least "ready to go"?

#23 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

Good job by MIke to slap that butt-hurt idiot down after he tries to attack Lou and the Devils on-ice performance.
Posted Image

#24 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

Lamoriello said nothing earth shattering. Mike's questions were borderline repetitive. No questions about Kovy or Vanderbeek or trades. Boring interview to say the least.

Francessa referring to Lou at the end of the interview as "Head Coach of the NJ Devils..." lol...

#25 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,007 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

Good job by MIke to slap that butt-hurt idiot down after he tries to attack Lou and the Devils on-ice performance.

It would have been nice if that guy tried to make that point with someone who knows the sport like LaGreca. He kept bringing up 2010-2011. Someone who knew the team would ask: (i) what about the Devils run after the MacLean got fired when Parise wasn't playing; and (ii) how did the Rangers do that year?

Can't really blame Francessa for not knowing to ask that.

Man do I hate Ranger fans.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#26 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:42 PM

Ya outside of Boomer and LaGreca there isn't alot of hockey knowledge on the radio...gets even worse when ESPN drags out Melrose and I find myself wondernig if he watches any devils game at all :doh1:

#27 NJCroMag

NJCroMag

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

Francessa is smacking down this Ranger fan who came on claiming the Devils are always overrated.

That's Rangers fan logic for ya...if the Devils are overrated, what does that say about the team they beat in the ECF last season?
"A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness."

#28 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,870 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

I can't start a new topic so I'll post here - Pete DeBoer up next on Joe and Evan.

Listening to this interview, then the Francesa one was night and day. Joe and Evan asked all the right questions, even about Salvador as the C which just came down like a half hour before their interview.

The best thing I can say about the Francesa interview is at least I didn't hear him ask Ranger questions this time :P Like someone else said, he basically asked seven different ways how they'd approach the short season.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#29 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,007 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

Ya outside of Boomer and LaGreca there isn't alot of hockey knowledge on the radio...gets even worse when ESPN drags out Melrose and I find myself wondernig if he watches any devils game at all :doh1:

Evan and Beningo are pretty good too.
Posted Image
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.

#30 davieboynj

davieboynj

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:56 PM

I was watching the NHL channel the other day, just wondering how Barry Melrose is still commenting... I mean, how does he maintain the credibility to stay on the air? What atrocities have hockey viewers committed to deserve Barry Melrose looming over them as an authority?
Hedberg: "...You never know what you’re going to get. The grass isn’t always greener on the other side. That’s all I can say. I know this is a very, very good place to be. I’ve been to a few places and I can say this is a very good one.

#31 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,019 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:56 PM

That's Rangers fan logic for ya...if the Devils are overrated, what does that say about the team they beat in the ECF last season?

Most Ranger fans are insanely jealous they're not Devils fans, so they act like 5-year olds about it. It's a sad fanbase, which is fitting, because the Rangers are a sad franchise.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#32 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,565 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:59 PM

I can't start a new topic so I'll post here - Pete DeBoer up next on Joe and Evan.

Anything interesting from the Deboer interview??
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#33 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,212 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

Francessa is smacking down this Ranger fan who came on claiming the Devils are always overrated. :lol: Overrated? They're always picked to miss the playoffs, including years like last year where they go to the cup finals.

To mike's credit, he had several Ranger fans calling in after we went down 0-3 to the Kings saying "We would have done better. Devils don't deserve to be there" and he immediately shot them down saying "They beat you in 6 games. There is no way you can claim the Rangers would have done better when they lost to the Devils in the previous round"

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#34 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:24 PM

Anything interesting from the Deboer interview??

I didn't hear all of it but from what I remember he talked about going to his kids games during the lockout and spending time at home. Expected teams to be playing at a super intense level on Saturday on the Island. He said some good words about Salvador. Expects Henrique to be back sooner than later. Likes where the goalies are at. Spoke a bit about Kovalchuk as I remember.

#35 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,007 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:43 PM

Most Ranger fans are insanely jealous they're not Devils fans, so they act like 5-year olds about it. It's a sad fanbase, which is fitting, because the Rangers are a sad franchise.

The Ranger fan is the worst kind of fan. As a franchise, the Rangers have a track record that's worse than Mets. One championship in 74 years, and the other three in a time when there were only six teams competing for the championship. That's fine, of course. Winning championships is difficult and often the product of luck. And I don't blame the franchise for playing up the limited success the team has had (although I'll make fun of the streamers after winning game 1 in the second round of the playoffs). All teams do that in one way or another.

However, unlike a Mets fan, who at least is honest about what the Mets are as a franchise, the Ranger fan believes that the Rangers are at the center of the universe and have this bizarre sense of entitlement. Hell, even Yankees fans, in the late 80s and early 90s, realized the team was a joke and kept their mouths shut.
Posted Image

#36 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

The Ranger fan is the worst kind of fan. As a franchise, the Rangers have a track record that's worse than Mets. One championship in 74 years, and the other three in a time when there were only six teams competing for the championship. That's fine, of course. Winning championships is difficult and often the product of luck. And I don't blame the franchise for playing up the limited success the team has had (although I'll make fun of the streamers after winning game 1 in the second round of the playoffs). All teams do that in one way or another.

However, unlike a Mets fan, who at least is honest about what the Mets are as a franchise, the Ranger fan believes that the Rangers are at the center of the universe and have this bizarre sense of entitlement. Hell, even Yankees fans, in the late 80s and early 90s, realized the team was a joke and kept their mouths shut.

Very true on all levels. The problem with Rangers fans is that their baseless bravado is unbelieveably backed by the BS pushed by the media in this area. No matter how good the Devils and Isles are doing, all the print and TV coverage will go to the Rags. Plus, with the Devils and Isles both playing on a cable network owned by the Rags, they get no real exposure outside of their games themselves. Hell, the one time the Devils get a "Vault" show of their own on MSG, they spend 3/4 of it showing clips from a game they lost 13-4.
Posted Image

#37 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,999 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

For me, when it comes to hockey, LaGreca is the only one worth listening to in the NY/NJ sportstalk radio landscape. Unfortunately, because he doesn't have his own show, he rarely gets the chance to talk about the sport.

I never get to hear Boomer, so I really can't comment on him.

And Benigno, on a day-to-day basis, rarely talks knowledgeably about any team besides the Rangers as far as I can tell. Unless he's doing an interview, which gives him time to prepare, he doesn't seem to follow the rest of the league at all.

#38 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:55 PM

I was watching the NHL channel the other day, just wondering how Barry Melrose is still commenting... I mean, how does he maintain the credibility to stay on the air? What atrocities have hockey viewers committed to deserve Barry Melrose looming over them as an authority?

The guy predicted Minnesota to win the cup. Best part about this was that about 2 minutes before he predicted them winning he basically said they are incredibly weak on defense.

#39 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,007 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:16 PM

I just have to bump this up because some guy called in and told Francessa to watch the Human Centipede.
Posted Image

#40 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:17 PM

I just have to bump this up because some guy called in and told Francessa to watch the Human Centipede.

When he was a kid, ok? He watched Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein. Ok? He doesn't like horror movies though. Ok? Wait minute...he doesnt like outer space either ok? ok?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users