15 replies to this topic

#1 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:11 PM

He already has the shadow of his old man hanging over him but to then go to where he plied his trade. He'd never be able to live up to his potential because the media would be a circus and the pressure obscene.

#2 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,412 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:15 PM

The Rags will draft him to troll us, and then Stefan Matteau will score the GWG to put us into the Stanley Cup Finals.

#3 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:17 PM

The Rags will draft him to troll us, and then Stefan Matteau will score the GWG to put us into the Stanley Cup Finals.

Wouldn't that be somethin else

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#4 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,235 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:37 PM

He already has the shadow of his old man hanging over him but to then go to where he plied his trade. He'd never be able to live up to his potential because the media would be a circus and the pressure obscene.

I don't see that happening. There are plenty of players' sons playing(maybe not the caliber of marty) but they're rarely compared to their fathers.

frabz-Al-Bundy-Sees-Your-New-Shoes-Al-Bu

#5 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:42 PM

Lol nj doesn't have a media circus for him to worry about. Only ny but they'd compare him even if he played for thesharks
Devils.

#6 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,277 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:48 PM

Call me naive but I really don't think the "pressure" of him being drafted by the Devils or playing for them would destroy him. If he is good enough to make it that far then he would have played in a lot of other games with tons of pressure.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#7 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,693 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:32 AM

If I was his father and I did what I did here....as much as I am grateful for all that, no way would I hope he plays here...total no-win situation and the expectations would be stupidly unfair (even by this place's already absurd standards :P )
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#8 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:07 AM

What none of you are mentioning is the greatest horror of Brodeur getting drafted by the Rangers: Marty will wearing a Rangers hat and saying good things about the Rags while taking pics with his son...at the very least we may have been saved from some nightmarish draft pictures by Marty not retiring. We're safe for now.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#9 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:58 AM

My dad isn't a hall of fame goaltender so I wouldn't begin to think I could understand what type of pressure is on him but you would have to think the kid is a goaltender and his dad IS a hall of fame goaltender. The pressure is going to be there regardless. Devils fans will keep an eye on him regardless. The media (to whatever extent the NHL has in terms of media), once he's in the NHL, will keep an eye on him simply because he is a goaltender and his father is Martin Brodeur. The only added pressure I would see with him being drafted here is because this is where his dad won cups and broke records. But you have to think the kid is going to pressure himself to be that good no matter where he plays.
'05-'06 Hobey Baker Award Winner (Best Rookie Poster)

*click click* *whistle whistle* "Its my thing, my trademark...its what I do."

#10 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,128 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:22 AM

If not we will just take Jeremy, who also plays G for Shattuk, or William who play D for Shattuk.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#11 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:31 AM

Honestly, if you read up on his son and know the prep hockey world, I don't think we have to worry too too much about seeing Marty's son playing at the Rock anytime soon. Apparently the kid is good, but not great. Good for him, I hope he makes it to the big leagues but I don't see this being a problem in the immediate future around here, if at all.
DIE HARD DEVILS FAN SINCE '90

#12 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:19 AM

Wow I'm dizzy at just the thought of this happening...

#13 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:34 AM

:headless chicken:

believe-zubrus.jpg

#14 giodude

giodude

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:49 AM

Hahahahahaha fantastic :rofl:
Posted Image

#15 snartly

snartly

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:05 PM

Actually, one of my friends neighbors was Marty's best man at his wedding, and was at his 4th of July BBQ. Marty's knees are supposedly hurting him, and should take 3 months to recover. His son actually, does not want to be drafted by the Devils. Supposedly, he want to be drafted by the flyers or the rangers. I have no idea why, that's just what I heard from them.

#16 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 01:01 AM

Actually, one of my friends neighbors was Marty's best man at his wedding, and was at his 4th of July BBQ.

The end of that sentence is where wise people know to say to themselves, "ok, I need to stop this post and hit the delete button." #Par9washere

Edited by ben00rs, 08 July 2012 - 01:02 AM.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users