GDT: Panthers @ Devils 1/11 - 7pm EST

dmann422

3rd straight game with more than 30 shots for.  Of course Florida got 30 of their own so it's not all good news, but NJ definitely outplayed Florida - Schneider managed to be great on the breakaways and it's a win.

Merrill-Zidlicky were fighting it most of the night.  

Clowe-Henrique-Ryder is legit.  When Henrique has his skates moving, that line can really make things happen in the offensive zone.

Please dress a 4th center and sit Gelinas, DeBoer.

30 shots is right around league average per game.  And Florida got 30 shots in 65 minutes tonight.  Besides, I think Schneider is better the more shots he faces.

Yea Merrill wasn't good tonight.  Zidlicky had his normal game of shaky defense and providing offense.

Definitely love that line.

If anybody should be sitting, it's Merrill.  He was shaky tonight.

Edited by Mike Brown

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3rd straight game with more than 30 shots for.  Of course Florida got 30 of their own so it's not all good news, but NJ definitely outplayed Florida - Schneider managed to be great on the breakaways and it's a win.

Merrill-Zidlicky were fighting it most of the night.  

Clowe-Henrique-Ryder is legit.  When Henrique has his skates moving, that line can really make things happen in the offensive zone.

Please dress a 4th center and sit Gelinas, DeBoer.

Agree on everything. I'm going to be shocked if they don't get Loktionov back in tomorrow so they can roll 4 lines. Some of the forwards have had a tough workload lately and a back to back isn't ideal. Plus it's not like Boucher-Loktionov-Sislo can't handle more minutes.

If anybody should be sitting, it's Merrill.  He was shaky tonight.

Overall I think Merrill has been good for the most part in his stint so far, but when he's bad, it's been real rough. DeBoer seems high on him though so I'm not holding my breath on him coming out of the line up. Really hope Lou can alleviate this logjam at some point. Hell it's an organizational logjam now with Albany having 9 healthy D and dressing 7 regularly.

You sir are a -1 for being at the game and not grabbing that Fn horn and breaking it! :) Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

Someone REALLY needs to tell that horn-blowing jackoff that he can actually let the fvcking game breathe for five minutes here and there.  What I wouldn't give to see someone take that stupid fvcking horn and crack it over his knee. 

So glad Schneider gets the start in Toronto.  Fine with Marty starting in Montreal, for obvious reasons. 

Someone REALLY needs to tell that horn-blowing jackoff that he can actually let the fvcking game breathe for five minutes here and there. What I wouldn't give to see someone take that stupid fvcking horn and crack it over his knee.

So glad Schneider gets the start in Toronto. Fine with Marty starting in Montreal, for obvious reasons.

That scene never gets old.  True all-time classic.

I can't think of anything I'd like see happen more to that vuvuzela than that.

What a pleasant surprise

2 points with Schneider in net OK

Schneider has played well IMO he should rest against Toronto and play against Montreal but I guess that isn't happening because old Marty wants to play in Montreal.

I know part of your schtick is saying clownish, almost-impossible-to-take-seriously things, but even if Marty's not what he was, he deserves the Montreal start, just because.  It's not a forgone conclusion that he'll lose that game either.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976