DevilsRule Posters Potshotting Our Boys

Jimmy Leeds

Like I'm saying on both boards. The program was set up like complete sabotage anyway... ANOTHER celebration of the 1994 Rangers then us at the end and me being suckered into questions and having the answers used for the actual show due to some negative editing. I wish they showed what I said about being at game 5, Sykora, all I was saying about how bad overtime was for the Devils recently and things.

I'm very close with my family and wasn't thinking twice about the show until people have said stuff about it. I mean jesus I was 13 years old... did people expect me to be watching the game at the bar or had I just come from a strip club to catch overtime or something? christ.

And YES, HFBoards sucks. There are like 200000 moderators over there that can post anywhere and every thread turns into absolute team bashing and it's troll city.

Well obviously there will be more conflict there are thousands upon thousands more posters at hockeysfuture. It doesn't look goon on you taking shots at another website when you got all out of sorts when people attacked this board and its posters. Most of the people who post on this board post on the HF board. It isn't as good as it was back in late 90's or early 00 but it is still by far the best NHL hockey forum on the internet.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, we just hate HFBoards (Or at least I do since they don't allow free speech). I don't ever recall reading anything there (DR.com) derogatory towards this site. We're pretty cool with you guys from what I know, but I think that post started because some felt that MSG showed a younger fan with a somewhat "immature" story that somehow portrayed a negative light on our fanbase. I'm sure a lot of us would've said something similar being so young back then (I was 12). Big misunderstanding if you ask me.

We do argue with a$$holes when they show up, but it's how we run things over there. If you don't like how we do things, that's perfectly fine with me.

Freedom of speech does not include freedom of ignorance and stupidity, so HF blocks out little kids who feel they need to go around cursing calling people bad words. Especially when there are thousands of of fans from each fan base.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac

Eh, HF is great for hockey overall. The individual forums are great. I just don't like the trolling that goes on over there. I feel like when Devil fans create a thread in our own forum, Ranger fans jump in to give their .02 starting a fight. Not just complaining about them, I looked on the Ranger forum yesterday and there were a lot of Devil fans budding in on their discussion.

The main board sucks too. Every time someone gets crosschecked, someone creates a new thread calling for a suspension blah blah blah.

Not saying I HATE HF, but maybe it's not for me. I've found a "home" if you will at this site because the people here are very nice and very knowledgeable about hockey. I've even met a good number of you outside of the forum and you all have proven to be all around good people.

I think I handled myself well at DevilsRule responding to what they were saying. I think they said what they did about me because none of them thought I was going to see it and jump over to say hello.

Now, I haven't seen the special...so maybe I'm talking out of my ass but:

Personally, I think if you voulenteer to go on television or any media, you open yourself up to the criticism that goes with that exposure, from any source. Its something you have to accept when you agree, just like performing in public. Immediately you have to assume that editing will probably take place and your thoughts and ideas might not be expressed in the way you intended.

Knowing their posts, knowledge, and passion for their team, I'm sure both of the guys did a superb job.

However, you have to accept what others will say about it....and complaining about that network after agreeing to the situation is kind of silly.

Big deal about the Rags tilt (I know it sucks), on the positive side there may be some young kid(s) watching who connected with your stories for some personal reason, and will grow into a Devils fan from it. :noclue:

Now, I haven't seen the special...so maybe I'm talking out of my ass but:

Personally, I think if you voulenteer to go on television or any media, you open yourself up to the criticism that goes with that exposure, from any source. Its something you have to accept when you agree, just like performing in public. Immediately you have to assume that editing will probably take place and your thoughts and ideas might not be expressed in the way you intended.

Knowing their posts, knowledge, and passion for their team, I'm sure both of the guys did a superb job.

However, you have to accept what others will say about it....and complaining about that network after agreeing to the situation is kind of silly.

Big deal about the Rags tilt (I know it sucks), on the positive side there may be some young kid(s) watching who connected with your stories for some personal reason, and will grow into a Devils fan from it. :noclue:

Well that was my first chance to get on television for such a thing... so of course I complained about the network... but going forward from here. I'm smarter and "now I know"

Well that was my first chance to get on television for such a thing... so of course I complained about the network... but going forward from here. I'm smarter and "now I know"

hey njdev26, I was the third person on the show. I thought they did a very creative job of editting as well. I thought the three of us came over as true Devil fans no matter how it turned out (and I for one thought it was great). It also gave three different perspectives about the Devils fanbase. The younger generation through older guys like myself. The best part about it is that those "younger" fans are still Devil fans and getting to the age where they don't have to worry about their parents taking them to a game. It just shows that the fanbase is going to be getting stronger as the youth continues to grow and support the team even more.

hey njdev26, I was the third person on the show. I thought they did a very creative job of editting as well. I thought the three of us came over as true Devil fans no matter how it turned out (and I for one thought it was great). It also gave three different perspectives about the Devils fanbase. The younger generation through older guys like myself. The best part about it is that those "younger" fans are still Devil fans and getting to the age where they don't have to worry about their parents taking them to a game. It just shows that the fanbase is going to be getting stronger as the youth continues to grow and support the team even more.

Hey hey welcome to this side of things haha .. Yeah I said in another thread that it's cool to see the amount of college kids and people in their mid to late twenties at Devils games. When that place sells out, it is a great place to be. I was saying I used to HATE being at the CAA on Saturdays hearing all the little kids chant LETS GO DEVILS. But it'll pay off soon enough. I went from having my dad and aunt take me to tons of games as a kid to now having season tickets and going with my friends and getting drunk and having a good time. I've lived the exact experience of the evolving Devils fan. It's cool if you think about how the whole thing has unfolded.

Ranger fans can take their tradition and shove it up their ass.

You did a very good job sir. I actually saw you coming out of the arena as I walked in.... I keep saying, I think you, me, and msweet were the only ones that showed up to begin with haha

Edited by njdevil26

Hey hey welcome to this side of things haha .. Yeah I said in another thread that it's cool to see the amount of college kids and people in their mid to late twenties at Devils games. When that place sells out, it is a great place to be. I was saying I used to HATE being at the CAA on Saturdays hearing all the little kids chant LETS GO DEVILS. But it'll pay off soon enough. I went from having my dad and aunt take me to tons of games as a kid to now having season tickets and going with my friends and getting drunk and having a good time. I've lived the exact experience of the evolving Devils fan. It's cool if you think about how the whole thing has unfolded.

You did a very good job sir. I actually saw you coming out of the arena as I walked in.... I keep saying, I think you, me, and msweet were the only ones that showed up to begin with haha

we probably were the only 3 there but who cares! I'm sure there would have been tons of other fans that would have loved to be in our shoes. I'm in Florida right now and had all my friends calling up about the show asking for my auto. I wish they would have dedicated the whole shoew to the 2000 cup winner like they advertised.

Please don't call me sir!!!! I still feel like I'm 20 anyway.

And that's exactly where Ranger fans are so sorely mistaken...they don't really HAVE a tradition. They think that being fans of a franchise that's been around forever somehow equates to being Yankee fans, in terms of pride, tradition, and success, though the success part of the equation has been severely limited. And at least when the Yankees were going through their lean years in the late 80s-early 90s, their fans had the intelligence NOT to keep showing up, sending a message to management that they would not accept a sub-standard product. The only real "tradition" I've seen from Ranger fans these years is finding ways to celebrate the same Cup win over and over...a Cup that saw them borrow heavily from another team's identity.

Anyway, looking forward to checking this out.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

I haven't seen the program but I'm sure people are making a much bigger fuss your story njdevil26 then it deserves. I was interviewed by MTV for about 2 hours for my Scarred segment that was about 5 minutes or so long, and they edited a lot of my interview in ways that I wasn't too thrilled about, its just the nature of the business. Hell, they even edited two different sentences I had at one point and made them into one sentence which I thought was lame. Overall I was happy to be on the show and it was a good experience (I even got to talk to Wee-man eventually on tv), but I felt like they edited out a lot of good stuff and kept content that wasn't good in its place so I know how you feel.

I'm sure all 3 Devil fans on the show are die hards and did a fine job. There's no need to fight over this.

Which Scarred segmnent was yours? ( I know, the one where the guy eats it on a skateboard)

Team rivalry forum wars are funny, but taking on a fellow Devils forum is silly. Besides DR.com is one of the oldies like we are. I think DR26 handled himself well over there.

I agree with Msweet, I hate that we are tied to a Rangers run media channel. The Devils will never be afforded the same respect nor will the fans.

Totally agree DM. Devils are like third wheel or fiddle on MSG which is wrong IMO, considering what the Devils have accomplished the last decade plus compared to the NYR and NYI.

All the more the Devils should go to the SNY (HD) channel. That way we all won't have to worry what damn MSG channel the Devils are playing on when the NYR and the NYI are plaing the same night. Devils need their own channel.

Haha, well, hockey doesn't even exist where I live. I know a few Canes fans, but when a close friend of mine introduced me to the sport a couple of years ago, I was hooked. The only teams I heard of at the time were the Canes, Rangers, Red Wings, Leafs, and Devils. From out of nowhere I started following the Devils, not knowing how good they were, and have been supporting them ever since. I'm weird like that, I'm a Niner fan as well, just because I started pulling for them during the Steve Young era when I started watching football.

A good chunk of the Devils fanbase are/were younger generations. Within a few years the fanbase should start booming.

I wear my Devils gear all the time around the Triangle. Great conversation starter :P

My kids are Devils fans as well. Every once in awhile, I 'll see another Devs fan. There is some dude who drives around here in a Red Vette with Devs flags and a Devs front license plate.

Totally agree DM. Devils are like third wheel or fiddle on MSG which is wrong IMO, considering what the Devils have accomplished the last decade plus compared to the NYR and NYI.

All the more the Devils should go to the SNY (HD) channel. That way we all won't have to worry what damn MSG channel the Devils are playing on when the NYR and the NYI are plaing the same night. Devils need their own channel.

The problem with SNY or YES is that the same thing would happen. Come playoffs, we would be playing on SNY2 because of baseball.

I was a regular poster at Devilsrule for a while, but kind of lost interest when Bill (the guy who runs the site) moved it over to a new board and alot of people kind of fell of the map.

There are some real great people over there but like everyplace there are some people left to be desired.

I don't think i have ever posted here, and I mainly post on HF, but this place looks cool and from what I have seen you guys/gals look like a good bunch.

Edited by feerlessleadr

I was a regular poster at Devilsrule for a while, but kind of lost interest when Bill (the guy who runs the site) moved it over to a new board and alot of people kind of fell of the map.

There are some real great people over there but like everyplace there are some people left to be desired.

I don't think i have ever posted here, and I mainly post on HF, but this place looks cool and from what I have seen you guys/gals look like a good bunch.

welcome aboard! I think you'll like it here!

I wish they would have dedicated the whole show to the 2000 cup winner like they advertised.

Me too. I thought the same thing. Either that each team would get their own show or at least a larger segment on a longer show. Not a mere 8-10 minutes out of a half-hour program.

Why would people be pissed that it was a "younger" fan on the MSG channel? In my opinion, the Devils are still a relatively young team, and people around my age (23) have really grown up with the team and therefore are some of the biggest most diehard fans out there. Don't get me wrong, that's not to say people that are older aren't equally as passionate about the team. My dad who is in his 50s is a huge Devils fan obviously, but before the Devils game to NJ, he did watch Rangers games since he loved hockey and that was the closest team to NJ. I think a large part of why you become a fan of a certain team has to do with your family and who they root for. I didn't have a choice in the matter as after I was born I was bought Devils apparel etc. and that was that. Haha. I think as people in my age group grow older and have children our fan base will only grow. That's why it irritates me when people get cranky about how small our fan base is. A lot of my friends who are Rangers fans are Rangers fans because they're parents are and that's who they've grown up rooting for. If my dad never made the switch to Devils fan (though it wasn't like he was a hardcore Rangers fan or anything) I might be a Rangers fan myself. Thank god I'm not. ;)

I've been a Devils fan since I was 6 years old and started watching and playing hockey, but my mom used to be a Ranger fan too- my mom actually worked at the Garden back in the 70's before I was born. So I'm also part of the first generation of Devils fans who never rooted for another team. When I got into hockey, I found out there was a team in Jersey and decided to root for them because I figured "Jersey is where I'm from, so I'll root for the team from Jersey". So my mom started taking me to Devils games. And for a couple of years, she continued to root for the Rangers. But the more she took me to games and watched the Devils on TV, the more she liked them and the further she moved away from the Rangers. Now, my mom is a huge Devils fan and hates the Rangers as much as any other Devils fan lol. I guess I'm responsible for that.

Edited by MadDog2020

I've been a Devils fan since I was 6 years old and started watching and playing hockey, but my mom used to be a Ranger fan too- my mom actually worked at the Garden back in the 70's before I was born. So I'm also part of the first generation of Devils fans who never rooted for another team. When I got into hockey, I found out there was a team in Jersey and decided to root for them because I figured "Jersey is where I'm from, so I'll root for the team from Jersey". So my mom started taking me to Devils games. And for a couple of years, she continued to root for the Rangers. But the more she took me to games and watched the Devils on TV, the more she liked them and the further she moved away from the Rangers. Now, my mom is a huge Devils fan and hates the Rangers as much as any other Devils fan lol. I guess I'm responsible for that.

Excellent grooming.

How do you explain the Dolphins? :puke:

Edited by Jimmy Leeds

Excellent grooming.

How do you explain the Dolphins? :puke:

My grandfather was a Dolphins fan and since I went to Florida 2 or sometimes 3 times a year when I was a kid to visit my grandparents and other relatives I had down there, and because of the awesomeness of Dan Marino, I started to get into the team and became a big Dolphins fan. I've been a Dolphins fan almost as long as I've been a Devils fan- 22 years.

Edited by MadDog2020