WANTED- 1995 CRASH LINE Tshirt

mackchi

This was sold on the Devils online store as the "New Era New Jersey Devils 2010 Atlantic Division Champions Locker Room Adjustable Hat"
gallery_1754_174_114709.jpg

And this was the "Majestic New Jersey Devils 2010 Atlantic Division Champions Locker Room T-shirt"

gallery_1754_174_117448.jpg

Edited by 95Crash

Those shirts don't look bad at all.

I just feel like winning the regular season division title is so insignificant in the NHL compared to the other leagues, so why brag about it with a shirt?  I reserve my money for EC or SC Champs swag.  The rest is just a money grab IMO.

Those shirts don't look bad at all.

I just feel like winning the regular season division title is so insignificant in the NHL compared to the other leagues, so why brag about it with a shirt?  I reserve my money for EC or SC Champs swag.  The rest is just a money grab IMO.

I can understand that. We certainly are lucky that our favorite team has been so successful.

I guess, for some, it's just fun to collect momentos and swag from all the different years regardless of whether they reached the finals or not. Each title shirt -- whether it be division, conference or Cup -- is like a little piece of history that will be fun to look back on some day.

I was so mad at myself for missing out on that division title hat even though I highly doubt that any players actually wore one -- or for that matter, even received one, haha.

Edited by 95Crash

well said about how lucky we are as Devils fans.  Being in my early 30's I feel like I grew up with the Devils.  I really am so proud of them as a franchise.  I remember going to games for years when the only banner in the rafters was the 88 Patrick Playoff banner.  Now I marvel at all of the banners up there.  It really is unreal.  And the years they were a mediocre playoff team in the early 90's going one and done to Pens or Rangers to see what started in 93/94 and really has continued a lot for the past 20 years is so great.

there are some down times like 3 straight years of not showing up in the playoffs from 97-99 as the 1 seed, but then we had 2000 and 2003.  2001 was painful to see them lose that series, but then they won in 03.  08-2010 was tough too with having a great year and not really showing up in the playoffs, but then we had last year which was a lot of fun and I have a feeling that this current group of guys broke the rut that they were in from 08-2010 and have a shot to make a run for a few years again like they did in 2000, 01 and 03.

There are some players I never wanted to see leave like Claude Lemieux, Scott Niedermayer, Sykora, Arnott, Mogilny, Brian Gionta, etc, but we definitely have the best GM in hockey by far.

It really has been a great run and I think we have a lot more good times ahead too

don't give up on the search for those hats/shirts I'm sure you'll find them.  for me the Devils win too much to get every division and conference, but I will get all of the locker room Stanley cup hats.  I'm really into getting all of the playoff match pucks and pins from series they win (or a cup appearance even if they lose).

I can understand that. We certainly are lucky that our favorite team has been so successful.

I guess, for some, it's just fun to collect momentos and swag from all the different years regardless of whether they reached the finals or not. Each title shirt -- whether it be division, conference or Cup -- is like a little piece of history that will be fun to look back on some day.

I was so mad at myself for missing out on that division title hat even though I highly doubt that any players actually wore one -- or for that matter, even received one, haha.

well said about how lucky we are as Devils fans.  Being in my early 30's I feel like I grew up with the Devils.  I really am so proud of them as a franchise.  I remember going to games for years when the only banner in the rafters was the 88 Patrick Playoff banner.  Now I marvel at all of the banners up there.  It really is unreal.  And the years they were a mediocre playoff team in the early 90's going one and done to Pens or Rangers to see what started in 93/94 and really has continued a lot for the past 20 years is so great.

there are some down times like 3 straight years of not showing up in the playoffs from 97-99 as the 1 seed, but then we had 2000 and 2003.  2001 was painful to see them lose that series, but then they won in 03.  08-2010 was tough too with having a great year and not really showing up in the playoffs, but then we had last year which was a lot of fun and I have a feeling that this current group of guys broke the rut that they were in from 08-2010 and have a shot to make a run for a few years again like they did in 2000, 01 and 03.

There are some players I never wanted to see leave like Claude Lemieux, Scott Niedermayer, Sykora, Arnott, Mogilny, Brian Gionta, etc, but we definitely have the best GM in hockey by far.

It really has been a great run and I think we have a lot more good times ahead too

don't give up on the search for those hats/shirts I'm sure you'll find them.  for me the Devils win too much to get every division and conference, but I will get all of the locker room Stanley cup hats.  I'm really into getting all of the playoff match pucks and pins from series they win (or a cup appearance even if they lose).

Which Stanley Cup locker room hats are you missing?  I know all three are on eBay now.

I appreciate the heads up on that.  i recently got the 95 this weekend (which was the final one).  I was so pumped when they won in 95, but locker room hats is something I didn't think of until later.  I have all the giants division/conference/superbowl hats going back to 97 when they had their first locker room hat.  For the Devils I'm just going for the Stanley cup hats (which hopefully they'll keep coming out with)

thanks for the heads up about seeing them on e-bay.

Which Stanley Cup locker room hats are you missing?  I know all three are on eBay now.

I appreciate the heads up on that.  i recently got the 95 this weekend (which was the final one).  I was so pumped when they won in 95, but locker room hats is something I didn't think of until later.  I have all the giants division/conference/superbowl hats going back to 97 when they had their first locker room hat.  For the Devils I'm just going for the Stanley cup hats (which hopefully they'll keep coming out with)

thanks for the heads up about seeing them on e-bay.

Yeah I just recently re-ordered the 2003 and 1995 locker room hats over the past year because I got both of those the years they won them, and they were in bad shape.  I really hate the fact that the 2003 hat is white because it shows every bit of stain and dirt it might get while the 1995 hat just fell off on my (Starter did a piss-poor job of gluing the logo to the hat).

That's great you were able to get them again.  I really like the 03 hat, It looks really sharp.  I understand your point about getting dirty easily because of how white it is, but I think it's the best looking hat of the three.  (i don't really wear hats that much, I usually just store them or put them behind a glass display)

Yeah I just recently re-ordered the 2003 and 1995 locker room hats over the past year because I got both of those the years they won them, and they were in bad shape.  I really hate the fact that the 2003 hat is white because it shows every bit of stain and dirt it might get while the 1995 hat just fell off on my (Starter did a piss-poor job of gluing the logo to the hat).

That's great you were able to get them again.  I really like the 03 hat, It looks really sharp.  I understand your point about getting dirty easily because of how white it is, but I think it's the best looking hat of the three.  (i don't really wear hats that much, I usually just store them or put them behind a glass display)

03 hat is nice, just wish it was gray or black or a more muted color.

I like the 2000 hat the most in terms of design.  Love the charcoal color and seems very well made.  My problem is that since I do have a physically larger than average head, while the adjustable part fits well around it the had seems more shallow than normal hats.  What I mean is that when I put on other hats on, it stops right above my ear while this one is about 1/2" higher and feels like I am wearing a yarmulke lol.

2000 is very nice.  That's actually my favorite stanley cup out of all of them.  That Dallas series was so much fun to watch, the way they came back against the Flyers when it seemed impossible, getting one of my favorite Devils back in Claude Lemieux, getting our first offensive superstar on the team in Alexander Mogilny, not having the rumors about moving to Nashville over our teams head like in 95, and just the feeling of seeing our team get back there after choking 3 straight years as a 1 seed was such a great feeling. 

All the cups are great, but 2000 was my favorite cup year for all the reasons above plus others.  and 2001 felt like the same year as 2000 except for not finishing in game 6 that time.

sorry about the hat though man, but even if you don't wear them you can enjoy them just as much.  I hardly ever wear mine or my Giants ones.

03 hat is nice, just wish it was gray or black or a more muted color.

I like the 2000 hat the most in terms of design.  Love the charcoal color and seems very well made.  My problem is that since I do have a physically larger than average head, while the adjustable part fits well around it the had seems more shallow than normal hats.  What I mean is that when I put on other hats on, it stops right above my ear while this one is about 1/2" higher and feels like I am wearing a yarmulke lol.

Edited by GIANTS79

You know what hat I liked a lot -- the 2003 ECF Champs hat. I have one put away, but I'd like to find another one to wear. I cannot find it for sale anywhere.

I also still need last year's ECF Champs T-shirt. I waited so long for the prices to drop that they eventually sold out of them and I never got one.

You know what hat I liked a lot -- the 2003 ECF Champs hat. I have one put away, but I'd like to find another one to wear. I cannot find it for sale anywhere.

I also still need last year's ECF Champs T-shirt. I waited so long for the prices to drop that they eventually sold out of them and I never got one.

The 2003 EC Champs locker room hat fits me the best of all the hats.  Problem is I hate, hate, hate the way the design of the underpart of the brim kinda goes on to the top of it on one side.

Problem is I wear that hat a lot at either the beach or fishing so it is not in the best shape.

• 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.