Barry Melrose

devlman

Fox 5's top story on their 10 o'clock news was Newark's response to Barry Melrose bashing Downtown Newark, who called it extremely unsafe and slummy.

Didnt hear him say this but im really surprised to hear Melrose sounding so ignorant.

Edited by devlman

ya they showed the clip from espn he said do not leave the rock with your wallet because once you leave the area is real awful i quess he was trying to say you will get mugged or something. Melrose is an idiot and apparently he is ignorant. They invited him to newark for a downtown tour haven't heard if he has accepted or not.

Edited by zachattack9

Seriously, im a minor (even though im turning 18 in exactly 2 weeks tomorrow) i have no problem walking in after the train ride. I went with my mom tonight, (im not a nerd, shes a devil fan too :P) Its a great set up, safe and spectacular. My brother went to the game from Seton Hall and walked through Newark alone, and said walking to the train station in Orange was scarier then walking in Newark.

While you have to admit that what Melrose said was not PC, the area around the arena especially past Broad Street is shady. I had to go to Newark to file some papers in Essex Superior Court before the Tampa game and the walk down Market Street was not pretty. There are a lot of stores selling junk along with boarded up stores and buildings. There are some creepy little back alleys and I saw people in those alleys who were unquestionably dealing drugs in broad daylight. There are also plenty of shady characters walking around. I did not see a single cop until I got back down to Broad Street by the arena. I am all for this arena, but lets be real here. Newark has a long way to go.

While you have to admit that what Melrose said was not PC, the area around the arena especially past Broad Street is shady. I had to go to Newark to file some papers in Essex Superior Court before the Tampa game and the walk down Market Street was not pretty. There are a lot of stores selling junk along with boarded up stores and buildings. There are some creepy little back alleys and I saw people in those alleys who were unquestionably dealing drugs in broad daylight. There are also plenty of shady characters walking around. I did not see a single cop until I got back down to Broad Street by the arena. I am all for this arena, but lets be real here. Newark has a long way to go.

Seriously, im a minor (even though im turning 18 in exactly 2 weeks tomorrow) i have no problem walking in after the train ride. I went with my mom tonight, (im not a nerd, shes a devil fan too :P) Its a great set up, safe and spectacular. My brother went to the game from Seton Hall and walked through Newark alone, and said walking to the train station in Orange was scarier then walking in Newark.

Somebody needs to send this sissy a skirt and bullet proof vest for Xmas. I've been there five times now including the open house and not once did I feel unsafe or felt the need to look over my shoulder. If you get off the train, stick to where are you are supposed to be and hang with the crowds walking you will be fine. You want to go wander around the city by yourself away from the arena then you are asking for trouble but other then that there shouldn't be any problems. I was more scared going to Yankee games in the late 80s/early 90s. I've seen nothing at all so far around the arena that even remotely reminds me of that.

This is another example of Barry's mouth acting before his brain can catch up....he's good for ratings and loves to see his name published.....I guess it's working? :noclue: