Someone on New Jersey Devils about to lose job with Brendan Shanahan s

SC Devs Fan

Someone on New Jersey Devils about to lose job with Brendan Shanahan soon to join team

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2009/01...y_devils_a.html

"He's not coming in here to be a part-time player," coach Brent Sutter said. "When Brendan gets himself in the condition he would like to be in and we would like to see him in, you have to expect he's going to be a full-time player.

"Obviously decisions are going to be made. It's going to have an impact here and affect someone. I can't worry about that. It's professional sports and that's the way it goes. We're here to win hockey games and to have success, and individuals' performances dictate who gets and who doesn't get ice time."

I think at the moment Sutter has 3 lines scoring. Does he put Shanahan with Madden and Rolston to make that even more powerful or does he place him with Holik and Pandolfo. Madden and Rolston is a pretty fast duo, too fast for Shanahan? With Holik Shanahan will get his fair share of one timers from the slot off the cycle.

I think Rupp is traded on this road trip, we still have Leblond who can be called up as a heavy weight. I also think it will be to Anaheim to make up for the loss of May.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac

I think at the moment Sutter has 3 lines scoring. Does he put Shanahan with Madden and Rolston to make that even more powerful or does he place him with Holik and Pandolfo. Madden and Rolston is a pretty fast duo, too fast for Shanahan? With Holik Shanahan will get his fair share of one timers from the slot off the cycle.

I think Rupp is traded on this road trip, we still have Leblond who can be called up as a heavy weight. I also think it will be to Anaheim to make up for the loss of May.

i don't understand why people want this team to make a roster move, whether it be sending pandolfo to lowell or whatever. they've been carrying 12 forwards for forever. petr vrana has shown that he isn't really ready for the nhl. bergfors might be, but he's not the kind of guy who you can bury on a 4th line. rod pelley is, but he hasn't played for new jersey yet this season and wasn't particularly good last season. they need a 13th forward around if they want to keep the dream of 4 solid lines around. and that guy is not going to be leblond who just can't take a regular shift in the NHL at this point in his career.

rupp has played extremely well lately, why in the world would he ever be traded? he filled in adequately for madden when he was hurt, he's thrown his weight around in recent games, and has taken on some of the best fighters in the league and done well against them. not only would i not trade him, i'd sign him for 2 more years at $550,000 if i could. a sometime enforcer who can play all three forward positions?

Edited by Triumph

It won't be Clarkson. It'll be Rupp and Pandolfo in and out of the lineup the rest of the way,

I just do not see Sutter doing this to Pandolfo. Especially with the new contract he got over the summer to stay here. Pandolfo does what he is asked to do.

Tonight Sutter broke up Madden and Pandolfo for the most part and I think they both played well on their new lines tonight.

That'd be brutal to trade Rupp. I doubt the Devils would get much for him and they'd be having a big downgrade in hockey ability going from Rupp to PL3 in return for an upgrade in fighting ability which doesn't matter anywhere near as much as the hockey ability.

I just do not see Sutter doing this to Pandolfo. Especially with the new contract he got over the summer to stay here. Pandolfo does what he is asked to do.

Tonight Sutter broke up Madden and Pandolfo for the most part and I think they both played well on their new lines tonight.

Sutter broke them up last game and have been playing them separated on the PK periodically the last bunch of games. I think breaking them up is to try and see which one was causing their line to suck so bad, last game they both sucked separated and tonight they were both decent separated so still no sure answer.

You make trades when value is high, thats the point.

So the Devils trade Rupp because he is filling his role fantastically for a 4th round pick instead of a 5th rounder? Either way the return for Rupp isn't more valuable than what Rupp is doing.

Rupp won't want to sit...and its obvious he is going to sit. Pandolfo is going nowhere. I know Rupp has been playing well, extremely well but you will have 13 capable forwards who should be full time. I just have a feeling Rupp who has had 2 fights in his last 4 games? Is going to draw a lot of interest and yes, enforcers have great value. Especially one that plays like Rupp.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac

Rupp won't want to sit...and its obvious he is going to sit. Pandolfo is going nowhere. I know Rupp has been playing well, extremely well but you will have 13 capable forwards who should be full time. I just have a feeling Rupp who has had 2 fights in his last 4 games? Is going to draw a lot of interest and yes, enforcers have great value. Especially one that plays like Rupp.

it's not obvious he's going to sit. in fact, he's probably going to play more than pandolfo. it is clear from sutter's play of brookbank that he thinks the fighter is an important guy to have around. someone mentioned it in another thread - rupp plays against guys like orr, laraque, godard, the flyers, etc., pandolfo plays against teams that lack the true heavyweight.

enforcers don't have great value at the deadline. there's not much fighting in the playoffs. he'd get a 4th rounder, *maybe* a 3rd. that's totally not worth it for a guy who can play on our team. if he doesn't like sitting, he can leave in the offseason. there's no one in the minors who is threatening his 13rd forward position, and there's bound to be injuries that will get him in the lineup regardless. it'd be just plain foolish when there's not anyone pushing rupp out from lowell.

Edited by Triumph

it's not obvious he's going to sit. in fact, he's probably going to play more than pandolfo. it is clear from sutter's play of brookbank that he thinks the fighter is an important guy to have around. someone mentioned it in another thread - rupp plays against guys like orr, laraque, godard, the flyers, etc., pandolfo plays against teams that lack the true heavyweight.

enforcers don't have great value at the deadline. there's not much fighting in the playoffs. he'd get a 4th rounder, *maybe* a 3rd. that's totally not worth it for a guy who can play on our team. if he doesn't like sitting, he can leave in the offseason. there's no one in the minors who is threatening his 13rd forward position, and there's bound to be injuries that will get him in the lineup regardless. it'd be just plain foolish when there's not anyone pushing rupp out from lowell.

Pandolfo is not going to be sitting many games if any. He is still one of the better PK'ers in the NHL when he has a goaltender in nets. He also can still play a shutdown role. He has big game experience and has a big time salary right now.

Pandolfo is not going to be sitting many games if any. He is still one of the better PK'ers in the NHL when he has a goaltender in nets. He also can still play a shutdown role. He has big game experience and has a big time salary right now.

i don't think it's going to matter. shanahan can kill penalties too, and it's not like penalty killing is some incredibly valuable skill. please don't try to claim it's the goaltender - the devils' PK wasn't very good last year either.

pando will be sitting. sutter likes having the heavyweight in the lineup. and pando has been invisible this season. someone mentioned in the game day thread that parise took a couple of pando's shifts. i think that's a sign of what's to come.

and in my opinion, pando hasn't been a shut down guy for over a season now. he's expendable.

i have to laugh at people who think gio might be benched.

Rupp or Clarkson IMO. TI think both will be taking turns in and out of the line up depending on the team the Devils are playing when Shanahan is inserted into the line up.

Thats ridiculous. What are you BLind? Rupp AND Clarkson, Hit, go to the net and score goals. Rupp also sticks up for players like parise. Rupp also said in the papers NO ONE will push around our stars...... Why would you sit a guy like that?

Instead you want to play pandolfo satansdevils, who has been horrible on the PK, does NOT hit, does not go to the net, only has 4 goals. and 9 points.... We shouldve resigned brylin and not pandolfo... at least brylin wouldve scored more goals..... Pandolfo doesnt play against the top linies anymore. He is useless.... His time has passed in the NHL with the Devils.

I cant believe how blind satansdevils is on here and he cant see this....... Then again, He also said the titans were the best team in the NFL.... He also picked the Panthers to win the NFC championship, and he also said the Mets would regain first place and make the playoffs.... LOL

------

Just need to add. I have always been a fan of Pandolfo. His Defensive responibilities and play over the years have been great. He has always been a great NJ Devil, but now his time has passed.... Kind of like Brylin..... Brylin was loyal, worked his ass off every night, played every posisition and played pretty well at many times during his NHL career..... but time to move on as we did with Brylin.... Pandolfo sorry but you are the weakest link this time around....

you cant teach size. Which is why we need Rupp and Clarkson. At first I wanted Rupp out of the lineup but after further review his efforts and size and attitude are what this team needs.... standing up for Parise the other night earned many points with the coaching staff and some of the fans..... to come out to the media and say NO ONE will go after our stars like that shows alot of team heart and sacerfice, dedication....