All Jersey Talk

mmajeski06

I have never seen a "good" knockoff jersey. They're just awful...you get what you pay for.

Respectfully disagree. Unless you are inspecting the jersey, I have a few that are completely legitimate. No real way to prove it.

To each his own. Some people seem to be hardcore down to every thread, some people just want it to look good.

Respectfully disagree. Unless you are inspecting the jersey, I have a few that are completely legitimate. No real way to prove it.

To each his own. Some people seem to be hardcore down to every thread, some people just want it to look good.

Fair enough, but if you have a good and legitimate looking knockoff, please post a photo when you get a chance. I'd love to see.

I have never seen a "good" knockoff jersey. They're just awful...you get what you pay for.

I agree.

I've also seen people say the dorholts look good too but I find those to be a very mixed bag at best. Would never order one from him after how a buddy's of mines jersey looked like who bought it from Dorholt.

I agree. I can spot them from 50 yards away at games. The retro ones seem especially bad...

Haha yup. The wrong shades of red and green, bad lettering job and the too small arm numbers are huge indicators.

A lot of fans say they have to buy the knockoff Retros because they want the ones the players wear on the ice on retro night but don't want to pay $300 for the authentic or get the CCM replicas. I think the CCM replicas are far better choice not because of the price but because those are closer to what they really wore back when it was their primary jersey rather than the edge ones they wear now.

More like cash grab. No thanks to this one and the return policy is pretty dicey as it expires at the end of this month or lockout. Then you have to use your credit but the end of the year.

More like cash grab. No thanks to this one and the return policy is pretty dicey as it expires at the end of this month or lockout. Then you have to use your credit but the end of the year.

I get that, but there are very nice jerseys in there. You also have a better chance of getting one.

They're all game worn this time, instead of blank ones...

I get that, but there are very nice jerseys in there. You also have a better chance of getting one.

They're all game worn this time, instead of blank ones...

I'd rather save up and get one I like at next years summer sale than do this grab bag. I can get a nice game worn for half the price of the grab bag

I'd rather save up and get one I like at next years summer sale than do this grab bag. I can get a nice game worn for half the price of the grab bag

True, but the shot at the Brodeur is tempting...not to mention, you can get any jersey you want with the $350 credit. I'm not doing it personally, but I can certainly see why some people are.

True, but the shot at the Brodeur is tempting...not to mention, you can get any jersey you want with the $350 credit. I'm not doing it personally, but I can certainly see why some people are.

It is tempting and it is def better than the expo grab bag, but again I would rather save up for next years summer sale and get something I really want at a great price. More likely than not I would be stuck with a game worn I don't really want and would have to deal with either a stingy return policy that has a variable time frame or try selling it on the net. I see how many jerseys there are listed on gameworn.net that have been on there for months and months.

It's great to gamble with but after the expo grab bag that I did and ende up with a blank ultrafil jersey and not a game worn my gambling days with these are over.

It is tempting and it is def better than the expo grab bag, but again I would rather save up for next years summer sale and get something I really want at a great price. More likely than not I would be stuck with a game worn I don't really want and would have to deal with either a stingy return policy that has a variable time frame or try selling it on the net. I see how many jerseys there are listed on gameworn.net that have been on there for months and months.

It's great to gamble with but after the expo grab bag that I did and ende up with a blank ultrafil jersey and not a game worn my gambling days with these are over.

Yea, I was a little mad after the expo grab bag, but I'll see what happens here. Wish me luck!!

Yea, I was a little mad after the expo grab bag, but I'll see what happens here. Wish me luck!!

lol the expo bag was certainly disappointing and the fact that NO ONE at the Expo pulled one of the five big prizes just made it worse. That pretty much was the beginning and end of my grab bag career with Meigray lol.

Also good luck on this grab bag and hope you get one of the big ones or at least something you like!

Also thinking about sending my White Reebok Edge 2.0 replica jersey out to EP to get it done up. I am down to three players to put on.

1) Henrique

2) Kovy

3) Greene

I am leaning towards Henrique but I am just worried he will leave NJ once he becomes a UFA in a few years. My second choice is Kovy as I already have a replica of his, but the lettering was not done by EP and while it looks good, it is not exactly like the one he wears on the ice (yeah I am picky). Third choice is Greene and I have a Game Worn of his, but I always liked him as a player. I am just worried he will be trade bait in the next fe years.

Any thoughts?

Go Henrique...I think he is our next longterm Devil.....

You already have a Kovy, and Greene is...Greene...lol

lol yeah I will prob go with Henrique. Plus I think he is something like 5 or 6 years away from UFA anyways?

Thanks!

Edited by DevsMan84

You can always send it back to EP and have them redo the name and number. It costs money of course, I think $30, but at least you have the peace of mind that it's not permanent in case Henrique leaves. I would probably go with Kovalchuk of those three. Since you already have a replica Kovalchuk jersey I would probably send that to EP and see if they can put Henrique on that one so you can get the already proven superstar and long-term Devil on the authentic and avoid having two jerseys of the same player.

Ah then yea I would go with Henrique too, and if it bothers you enough send the Kovalchuk to have them fix it up. I had them fix all my Devils jerseys that had the wrong font, it got on my nerves too much.

Lol the kovy jersey doesn't bother me...yet. If and when it does I'm sending it out to EP right away.

I sent my two jerseys out yesterday (white devils to get henrique as well as blue Colorado Rockies CCM replica) to EP and they should have it by tomorrow. Joshua at EP said it will take 6-8 weeks so I should get it sometime in December.

Edited by DevsMan84

Just got the jersey in the mail from MeiGray....

Got a 08-09 Cory Sarich Flames jersey worth $450.

Not sure how to find out exactly which one it was online, I guess they took them off.

Pretty cool, made $100, not sure if I want to trade it back or not...

Not sure how to find out exactly which one it was online, I guess they took them off.

Trade it back....you could NEVER sell that for $450, so in my opinion it is not WORTH $450....

You definitely could have done worse, so congrats! However, while the retail price of this jersey was $450 at MeiGray, it would be hard to sell for more than $250 on the open market, so I agree with ThreeCups that you're probably better off sending it back for the $350 credit and putting that towards a Devils jersey you would enjoy more.

Aaaannnddd this is why I'm glad I refused to take part in this grab bag.

I swear that meigray pulls prices out of their asses. This goes double with the list of five or six jerseys they had listed as "second place" prized with each one over $1000. Not one I saw would be worth near that on the open market.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.