Can anybody help me?

PK, I know you take alot of time to use just the right smilie. That's one of the reason's your posts crack me up so much. Your smilies fit perfectly! Moustic....he uses dancing bananas alot so I can pretty much figure it's either that or a winkie but....I miss his too! :P

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try this:

- Up at the top of the browser window, click on the Tools menu.

- Then click "Internet Options..."

- When the Internet Options window opens, click the Advanced tab. It'll be up at the top, all the way over on the right.

- You'll see a whole boatload of options. Scroll down to the Multimedia section, and make sure "Show Pictures" is checked.

If that doesn't work, perhaps you could answer this: Have you or your husband installed any programs on your computer within the past couple of days? If so, what?

Well, "show pictures" was enabled. But on your other point, my husband just told me that he basically gave his teenage son the privilege to add programs and he has to check and see what programs he may have added.

Thanks for your help, though. Seems that may be the problem.

Oh and Crasher, following Rowdy's advice I now found the box to instant update IE and it isn't checked. Should I check it? Will I get in trouble with the hubby? :unsure: Will the caped crusaders escape this tangled web? Tune in tomorrow... :P

Still not showing then in Netscape - all show images are checked. Got me on this one. I'm fairly internet savvy so

perhaps I should have added it was this site and this site only that isnt allowing me to show pics, smilies or a few buttons etc. :P

Actually on Netscape they are slowly coming around weirdness

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR FSNY however is another story -- channel changes and it's in and out all night.

Edited by Pepperkorn

Are you guys still having this problem Neida and Pooh?

I emailed DM but since he's probably busy I'm looking on the Invision board tech support board! Loads of crap there so I doubt I'll ever find any answer. They did some updates or something on March 17 -- that might have something to do with it. Except that I'm getting all other invision powered boards (larger than this one as well) no problem. :noclue:

I've done pretty much everything I can think of -- cleared all cookies & history logged out turned on and off the computer -- of course all of the settings here are set to view images :rolleyes:

Are you guys getting the red X Boxes? If so can you right click them and paste the URL (address) it reports back to you?

AHhhh -- THAT'S what was in the email!

Yes i did do that and I got the forbidden message plus the not found 440 (?) message. I'm not at home so I can't see the exact message.

I had a bandwith blocking program on so people couldn't steal my (expensive)bandwith on other sites. Don't know why it blocked the images here though. Till I figure that out I will leave it off.

Did you turn off view avatars while tinkering around in your control panel?