2010 Defending Champion New York Yankees Thread

thefiestygoat

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, it's only been two games he's won on walkoffs.

Nice to see Tex starting to hit. Still waiting for Arod to come around.

Mike

Lol, it's only been two games he's won on walkoffs.

Nice to see Tex starting to hit. Still waiting for Arod to come around.

Mike

So you ask and so you shall receive. Two home runs tonight.

CC looked great striking out Ten A's tonight. Tex made somenice plays snagging those pop fouls. You can run for ten miles and not run out of foul room in Oakland, lol.

Mike

CC looked great striking out Ten A's tonight. Tex made somenice plays snagging those pop fouls. You can run for ten miles and not run out of foul room in Oakland, lol.

Mike

well that's why they've never had a batting champ since they got into that stadium. I guess it has something to do with the football field because I don't know why you'd ever build it like that. Chicks dig the foul balls, I guess

Post #666 :P

Edited by DH26

I already voted about 20 times. Hope he gets in.

Mike

Is Lee really enough of an upgrade for half a season to give up Montero when you could get him in December for nothing? Am I crazy, but everyone's pitching well lately. Though Lee may make the team unbeatable.

The Mariners certainly did well here; getting Jesus Montero alone is a major accomplishment for them.

Now it would be pretty funny if the Yankees managed to steal Jayson Werth for Javier Vazquez. Ruben Amaro has quietly been 1 of the worst GM's in baseball since taking over in Philly, so I wouldn't put it past him.....

Edited by nmigliore

The window on Posada, Jeter, Rivera and Pettitte is closing fast. Gambling on signing Lee in the off season is just that, a gamble. I don't like giving up Montero but he is really is a man without a position. It's not Cervelli that makes him expendable it is Austin Romine.

Sabathia, Lee, Pettitte, Hughes, Burnett.

Yeah that'll work.

And it just gets worse for Cleveland as Sabathiia and Lee reunite in NYC....if this actually goes down.

I wasnt really too high on giving up Montero either, but he's not going to be the defensive catcher that Romaine already is and he cant really play anyother position. He may actually wind up as a DH. Plus the Yankees have two other top catching prospects in the lower minors. That rotation is going to be downright nasty.

Not sure how Werth fits into all this though. Where does he play?

Mike

The Mariners certainly did well here; getting Jesus Montero alone is a major accomplishment for them.

Now it would be pretty funny if the Yankees managed to steal Jayson Werth for Javier Vazquez. Ruben Amaro has quietly been 1 of the worst GM's in baseball since taking over in Philly, so I wouldn't put it past him.....

wait a minute. Trading Cliff Lee and 3 of your 4 best prospects for a slight upgrade is bad? Huh?

I understand that this will make the Yankees rotation absolutely insane, but I don't like the trade. It's no that I think highly of Montero, I simply don't think that this trade fills a need. They should have been focusing on solidifying the bullpen with a good set-up man and another lefty, or adding another bat to be the DH to replace the injure Johnson. The Yanks just don't need a starting pitcher. They would have been better using their prospects to fill other needs, IMO.

I understand that this will make the Yankees rotation absolutely insane, but I don't like the trade. It's no that I think highly of Montero, I simply don't think that this trade fills a need. They should have been focusing on solidifying the bullpen with a good set-up man and another lefty, or adding another bat to be the DH to replace the injure Johnson. The Yanks just don't need a starting pitcher. They would have been better using their prospects to fill other needs, IMO.

This trade allows them to trade a pitcher (Vasquez most likely) to fill other needs. I've heard Werth for Vasquez being tossed around.

Third player going to Seattle is likely pitcher Zack McCalliser as per MLBTR.com via Ken Rosenthal.

not exactly a big loss there. He's been bad in AAA. Good thing is wasn't Betances or Brackman (never thought I'd say that)