• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

according to nhl.com

we have him....

Agent: Kovalchuk to sign today

07.19.2010 / 11:50 a.m. ET

New Jersey got its man after all.

After a twist-filled script that lasted the better part of three weeks, Ilya Kovalchuk wrapped up hockey's version of a summer blockbuster by signing a surprising deal with the New Jersey Devils on Monday.

The deal was announced by the team's Twitter feed at 11:45 a.m.

Kovalchuk was the biggest unrestricted free agent on the market this summer, and he was heavily courted by several teams before the Kings and the New Jersey Devils took center stage. Kovalchuk finished the 2009-10 season with the Devils after arriving in a block-buster deal at this year's trade deadline.

But, in the end, New Jersey was able to outlast the Los Angeles Kings, who were believed to be the frontrunner after making several offers and hosting the Russian star in a recruiting visit last week.

--Shawn P. Roarke

I knew it would be us after Єklund (2.3% accurate) said 80% chance to the Kings.

Exactly.

.... we were definitley second choice LA tried hard to sign him , I think Devils visit LA Oct. 30th... he'll get Boo'ed for sure.

No no no, I'm not buying ANYTHING until either grossman announces it or the Kings say otherwise.

dchesnokov

“Ilya's excited 2 be continuing his career w/New Jersey and knows first-hand the team’s dedication and commitment to winning.” Jay Grossman

happy?

Now people, not to be a negative nancy here, but let's relax until it's definitely, definitely official. Twitter accounts have been hacked before.

NJ Devils twitter update---->NHL.com's update----->Panic.

TG's blog is down (for me at least)

EDIT: If the above post is true, then yes. Yes I am. :yea::yay: WELCOME BACK KOVY

Edited by Devsfan118