Earnest Congratulations To The Devils

Triumph

This was a fun team to watch, they were so close to each other you can see the brotherly hood from TV. Great season and proud of what you did. Even before the 3rd round started when LA took out the blues in 4 games, I knew it would be very hard to stop this team. The devils were so resilient and I can not be more proud of that. Thanks.

oh btw.. future looks bright with the coaching staff, we finally found a real coach again! Larsson and Henrique and JJ are very bright stars

I was about to post that in the GDT, but it got closed when I was writing the post, so I'm putting it here, since it's fitting.

I'm surprised. It doesn't hurt as bad as I thought it would. Great run Devils. Congratulations to the Kings

It didn't burn me that much until the final horn. Watching the Devils as the ones standing their watching the party was just hearbreaking. As was watching the Kings hoist the Cup. The way Marty handled the loss was quite impressive, OTOH.

Hard to come to terms with this, especially with this being the first SCF involving the Devils I've ever watched. Really tough. But I can say this much: I'm EXTREMELY PROUD of the Devs. I never expected that run this year. The Florida series was just a tremendous thriller, a bumpy ride with a happy ending. Beating the Flyers in 5 was sweet after watching them do the same to us twice. And the Rangers series, the Henrique winner... That's just beyond awesome. No one can take that away from us. Not even this awful finish is going to cast a shadow on it. Right now I'm bitter, depressed, I can even feel some tears in my eyes (and that doesn't happen to me during sporting events), but I know when I get over this, good memories are going to be what really stays with me after this spring.

THANK YOU, DEVILS!

Edited by Revan

Great season boys!!! Tough loss. It sux and all. But next season come out with a statement. I feel like this team can repeat this season next yr. Pete is def the man for this job. Accomplished more than I expected from him and the team. Just goin to be a long summer. Especially if Germany doesn't win the euro

Congrats to Ilya Kovalchuk - playing hurt for almost the entire playoffs, he's proven how much he wants to win. Can't wait to see the real Kovalchuk back.

Despite all the criticism he has gotten from fans and the media, the guy has a lot of desire and that is something you can't teach

In all honesty, I love the great run we had this year and even loved them last year. This team is so addiciting to watch ever since I started watching them in 1992.

I love all of you guys too on this board as well. Even though we fight, we laugh, and we cry together, this shows how much hockey means to the state of New Jersey :cheers:

Well I haven't posted a lot this playoff run, my superstitions simply wouldn't let me. I am so proud of this team and the fight they showed thru out the entire run. I for one am going to take a step back and lick my wounds. Thank You Devils!! :gd:

BTW, this must have been, like, the 15th Stanley Cup Final for Sykora. The guy sure knows what teams to pick. I think he has exceeded everyone's expectations after being merely a tryout back in the summer. Kudos to him!

Like I said in my ill-timed earlier thread: This team was truly a rag-tag bunch that played way beyond everyone's expectations. This was a Frankenstein-type team composed of old guys, superstars, future stars and guys everyone considered were career AHL'ers. Give the Kings the Cup, but the Devils have one thing this Kings team didn't and that was and is heart.

We have a lot to look forward to.

The continuing development of Larsson who will soon be joined by Merrill and Urbom

Henrique and Josefson...who will become terrific two way players. Josefson will prob be like a poor mans Henrique

A healthy Zajac...20+ goals, 60+ points and shutdown play

40 from Ilya

Perhaps a look at Scott Wedgewood

Great run, so proud of this team, can't help but feel like i'm on the verge of tears because I just felt like this was their year. Through all this seemingly destiny I guess you could call it I just felt like this was the year for something special, hate to see it come to an end, going to be a long 3 months from now to pre-season (hopefully not longer for a lockout >.<).

Big ups to PDB, love this guy, he's the perfect coach for this team. If we're gonna win the cup I want this guy at the helm, keep this guy around Lou, please. Also give a lot of respect to Kovy, the guy's a warrior playing through an injury all playoffs, we need more guys with his heart on this team.

Keep our core, continue to grow Larsson and Henrique, and maybe pick up a defenseman in FA and we can be back next year, Lets Go Devils.

Wow you got a picture of them together...

Edited by msweet
can't say that

Like I said in my ill-timed earlier thread: This team was truly a rag-tag bunch that played way beyond everyone's expectations. This was a Frankenstein-type team composed of old guys, superstars, future stars and guys everyone considered were career AHL'ers. Give the Kings the Cup, but the Devils have one thing this Kings team didn't and that was and is heart.

Summed up perfectly. From our "aging goaltender" to our "no name D" this team played with heart and chutzpah. So very proud of this team.

Congrats to PDB and company, and especially Lou for putting this team together, especially after last year's debacle.

I hope there is a nice group of fans meeting their plane when they get back to NJ to show their appreciation for everything the team has done. Thanks for the great ride.

Unbelievable season, still feel like this would have been ours without the injuries. A healthy Kovy probably turns this series, but that's all what ifs...regardless, what a fun team to watch, and fun season. Really going back to last January has been amazing...about as good as it gets without actually hoisting the cup.

Edited by Beck27

This team was playing hockey in June, no one expected that. Beating the Flyers was great, beating the Rangers and eliminating the stigma of 1994 once and for all was even sweeter. Watching Marty put on a goal tending performance for the ages at 40 was awesome, when he retires an era will come to an end but another era is about to begin because this is a young and super talented team. Congrats to the Kings. GO DEVILS!