Random Thoughts & Stuff

sammyk

Idiot proof, I tells ya! It is well worth the 13 bucks. (Clicky)

You're gonna make me buy the book for one recipe? :P

Is this it?

* 2 Eggs

* 240ml Milk

* 120ml Vegetable Oil

* 100g Granulated Sugar

* 100g Soft Brown Sugar

* 375g Flour (plain)

* 4 teaspoons Baking Powder

* 1 teaspoon Salt

* 175g Blueberries

Blueberry Muffins

Preheat the oven to 200

Edited by sammyk

You're gonna make me buy the book for one recipe? :P

Is this it?

Nope.......ack I will type it out, but it is a good book, has great (and some odd) recipes.

Blueberry and buttermilk muffins:

Makes 11 muffins.

Batter:

• 300g/10 1/2 oz plain (all purpose) flour
  • 2tsp baking powder
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 170g/6oz caster (superfine) sugar
  • grated zest of one lemon
  • 250g/8 1/2 oz buttermilk
  • 2 eggs
  • 100g/3 1/2 oz butter

Filling:

• 250g/8 1/2 oz fresh blueberries

1. Preheat oven to 180C/350F/gas 4/fan oven 160C. Grease and flour 11 tin sections or line with paper liners.
  2. Sift flour, baking powder, salt and caster sugar into a large bowl. Stir in the lemon zest.
  3. Combine the buttermilk and eggs in a small bowl, then beat well with a fork.
  4. Melt the butter either in a small bowl in the microwave or in a small saucepan.
  5. Add the egg mixture and the melted butter to the dry ingredients and gently fold together with a large metal spoon until just mixed.
  6. Fold in the fresh blueberries, being careful not to over-mix.
  7. Divide the batter evenly between the sections of the prepared muffin tin.
  8. Bake for 23-25 minutes until well risen and golden and the muffins spring back when lightly pressed.
  9. Transfer to a wire rack to cool a little before eating.

Blueberry and buttermilk muffins:

Makes 11 muffins.

Why precisely 11 muffins? I've never seen a muffin pan with 11 muffin...holes...before! There's always gonna be one sad unless muffin location with this recipe. Like the last kid picked for kickball, that muffin spot will be. :(

Edited by thelastonealive

No, that is one of the things about the book, it makes the correct number for the amount of ingredients. If you want the muffins done evenly the book says to fill the extra space with water. But I just leave it empty because I am lazy. Also you might want to turn the tray around halfway through, I have to, but it might just be because my oven is stupidly small. The book gives loads of information on how to make perfect muffins, and there are loads photos, very helpful.

The book says:

Make exactly the right amount of muffins. If the recipe says make 14 muffins, then it means 14 muffins! If you make 12 and the recipe says 14, then the batter will overflow on the top of the muffin tin, the finished muffins won't bake properly in the given time, will be hard to get out of the tin and will look a mess. If the recipe states 10 and you make 12, the muffins will come up small, they will be a little dry because the will have overcooked and you will be disappointed. You can still eat them, of course, b ut you won't get the perfect end product you were looking for!

Probably because it would have needed 11 1/4 oz flour, 2.3 eggs or summat like that? :noclue: The book can be a bit nazi-ish, but it gets results. Oh, and these muffins won't be all sweet and wet like the ones you'd get at say starbucks, so don't be expecting that.

Well just to switch gears in the thread (and only so much Lost, oh go to your own thread :P, and Muffin Making can one take!)

I got Norton tickets for Thursday!!! :clap:

Sucks that it means no hockey for me... but oh well?? :noclue:

Well just to switch gears in the thread (and only so much Lost, oh go to your own thread :P, and Muffin Making can one take!)

I got Norton tickets for Thursday!!! :clap:

Sucks that it means no hockey for me... but oh well?? :noclue:

YAY!!!!!!!!! I got them for Wednesday :)

I had asked for Wednesday... bastards!!! :rant:

Do you know whos gonna be there? Obviously lil yimmy, Patrice O'neal, Bill Burr, Andrew Dice Clay :blink: & Artie Lange

Edited by NJDevsFireOnIce