270 replies to this topic

#41 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,444 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:48 PM

Thank goodness CRASHER starrted Cutler, canceled out half the good the Green Bay defense did for him :P
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#42 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:10 AM

Thank goodness CRASHER starrted Cutler, canceled out half the good the Green Bay defense did for him :P

You can't blame Cutler, his receivers killed him. It looked like a new offense and WR's seemed to be running the wrong routes all night.
I can also see why Miami and Denver "dropped" Marshall.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#43 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,444 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:54 PM

You can't blame Cutler, his receivers killed him. It looked like a new offense and WR's seemed to be running the wrong routes all night.
I can also see why Miami and Denver "dropped" Marshall.

At least one future HOF'er disagrees:

Moments after the game, (Charles) Woodson told ESPN’s Rachel Nichols: “Heard some talk out of the Bears: Packers secondary not working coverage, bigger receivers ... we heard about it. We understand that Jay is excited about his new weapons, but it’s the same old Jay. We don’t need luck. Jay will throw us the ball.”
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#44 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,328 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:13 PM

Moments after the game, (Charles) Woodson told ESPN’s Rachel Nichols: “Heard some talk out of the Bears: Packers secondary not working coverage, bigger receivers ... we heard about it. We understand that Jay is excited about his new weapons, but it’s the same old Jay. We don’t need luck. Jay will throw us the ball.”

So it took an actual NFL player to talk smack here?
We're awesome :)

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#45 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,693 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:51 AM

I DID get 28 points from my 3 players....if it had been Cutler getting 20, Forte getting 8, and the D getting none...I'd be happy with it.....so I gotta take the points as I get 'em

ALL HAIL CALVIN-TRON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#46 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,444 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:04 AM

I thought it would be more than that actually lol, Cutler with 15-20, Forte with 10-15 and the Packers chipping in with a handful of points from sacks/turnovers. My other league I was also playing against Rodgers so I didn't mind the game was much lower scoring than I feared it would be.

Still gotta do well Sunday though, always some s*it happens when I play you, whether it's my back fumbling at the one-yard line to lose a championship, or losing by like .15 last year :P

Edited by NJDevs4978, 15 September 2012 - 09:09 AM.

#47 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,693 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:33 AM

Still gotta do well Sunday though, always some s*it happens when I play you, whether it's my back fumbling at the one-yard line to lose a championship, or losing by like .15 last year :P

Vick KEEPS FOR THE WIN!!!! :wub:

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#48 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:31 AM

Untrue, and why not?? Opportunity comes to those who make it, and why shouldn't the guy on top of his game and knowing what's going on have an edge over the guy who has a random number in a waiver list? (hence my team name :P )

and if it's event driven, the first to witness the event SHOULD have an advantage....knowledge is power....

I find it to be a bummer merely b/c I work a sh!tload of weekends and nights & I rarely get to watch games live. And I never have access to perform a d/a from work as "fantasy" football is blocked, making it impossible to "take the advantage" even if I happen to be the first/only person to witness an "event"
So, I'll just continue to muddle thru and hope the ffb gods smile on me and allow me to make a big d/a with the scraps left by you weekend couch jockeys. Posted Image

Rice and McCoy are my starters until one gets hurt or a terrible match up or something.

Not sure who to start at QB this week. I have Peyton, Vick, and Ryan. Leaning to Peyton now cause he's more of a sure thing, seems to have the best match up, and is playing in a dome. Plus, I am going to sit Jennings for Thomas this week at WR with Julio Jones and AJ Green also starting.

A. I would never let a "terrible matchup" bench 1 of your top 2 RB's.

B. I like both Peyton and Matty, but Atlanta has better weapons imo so I'd start Ryan over Manning.

nice try on the bills D move. sad that didn't turn out better for you.

ALL HAIL CALVIN-TRON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May the Madden Curse come to fruition! Posted Image

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#49 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:50 AM

If it isn't too much trouble, would someone (like whoever I'm playing against) please cut and paste the lineups from our matchup on here? I can not even look at the site at work but would like to have some notion of what's going on. Posted Image & didn't have the time to print it up this morning.

....Or email it to me.

Edited by Masked Fan, 16 September 2012 - 10:03 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#50 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,444 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:48 AM

You can get a free Yahoo! app on your phone too, unless you have a '90's style cell :P

But your lineup's Brady-Lloyd-LaFell-S.Jackson-Murray-Gresham-R.White-Bailey-Pats D

#51 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:36 PM

thanks.
Yeah. I JUST upgraded from the flip phone I had for a decade. baby steps though. Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#52 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,444 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:36 PM

Who woulda thunk it, Jason Hanson my leading scorer for the week as I survive the Bush storm for a rare win over CRASHER.

#53 VivaLaFlamme

VivaLaFlamme

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:36 AM

It baffles me that what i thought was my weaker team on paper (this one) is actually stronger than my other team right now.

#54 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,124 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:12 PM

Wow...looks like I found the worst way to lose this week's matchup. I lost by two points with my defense giving me -3 points. That would be the Oakland Raiders defense that I picked up moments before the early game Sunday thinking they would have a good day against Miami and their rookie QB, Ryan Tanenhil, while Peyton could really do some damage on the Atlanta defense. Forget that Atlanta's defense got 12 points with the 4 turnovers, but Oakland's defense got absolutely shredded and took points away from me. The deciding points. I would have won if I didn't start any defense at all.

Edited by devilsrule33, 18 September 2012 - 08:31 AM.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#55 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:25 AM

Never thought I would even think this, but praise Odin that Red had Peyton Manning (for my win?).
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#56 VivaLaFlamme

VivaLaFlamme

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:55 AM

looking for a solid RB...everyone but Rodgers is up for grabs..

#57 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:44 AM

Good thing I switched FROM the Giants D last night. This should help my opponent a lot.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#58 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:00 AM

I had more points on my bench this week than my starting lineup.. Yikes!
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#59 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,444 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:24 AM

lol I had that happen in my ESPN league last week. Actually it could happen here this week too if Jennings goes off, cause my big-name starting lineup was so bad :P

Probably should have had the balls to bench AP or Ridley for Brown but I wasn't going to bench AP again after the Week 1 fiasco (doubly not now after 100+ total yards against the Niners) and Ridley had been running well the first two weeks but of course in the Pats' offense someone always randomly gets the shaft every week.

#60 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,693 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:47 AM

Just be glad you played the bottom feeder team in the league....he's our Schiano without the douchey kneel-down plays :P

(side note....I have Charles in my other two leagues.....I switched him back IN at noon.....could you imagine that poor bar yesterday if I HADN'T?? :whistling:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users