Flyer fans

cheardjr

Bump. How were the Philly fans tonight, for those of you who were there?

I was in 229 and i saw what looked like a 50 yr old father and his 20 something year old son get throw out in the first. Also in the row behind me it was all flyers fans who after the game were passed out sleeping, you dont just fall asleep from being drunk i could only assume they were all sticked up. In fact after the flyers went up 2-0 he was yelling THIS IS GUNNA BE AN EASY ONE!!! After sykora scored i said yeah realy easy right? Also there was one super annoying flyers fan who would not stop yelling KILL HIM. I can only assume it was his first hockey game.

From my perspective the devils fans were worse. 2 devils fans were in row 8 and kept running down to row 2 of the next section to taunt and flip off 4 flyer fans (who were philly cops because I was talking to them at uberburger before the game). Then after the game one of the devils fansgrabbed one of them by his shirt and ripped it as he went down the escalator. And in section 232 there were 3 devils fans that flipped off every flyer fan that was leaving. There was a flyer girl who got kicked out for telling a mother "shut the fvck up and suck my dick" after the mom yelled at her for flashing everyone aafter the second flyer goal

The fans in my section were quiet, because there wasn't much to cheer about. Spoke to one during the game, he was reasonable, but kept saying our fanbase is a joke. When I was walking out my brother asked him if this is going to be year 38? He didn't have much to say ....

Some flyer fan sucked punched a Devil fan in 120 and then tackled him down a few rows knocking done Devil fans down the rows. I had to catch a few people on my back. I hate Flyer fans they are not human.

Edited by Zubie#8

Some flyer fan sucked punched a Devil fan in 120 and then tackled him down a few rows knocking done Devil fans down the rows. I had to catch a few people on my back. I hate Flyer fans they are not human.

Oh so that's what happened, I was wondering, since I was a few rows in front of that mess and looking at the ice at the time until the commotion started...typical jack*** Flyer fan.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Considering my row contained 8 Flyers fans, I was surprised at how nice they were haha. I sit on the end and they were polite each time they had to get up, always saying sorry and thanks. Hell, they even shook my hand on their way out after the loss. A pleasant surprise to say the least.

From my perspective the devils fans were worse. 2 devils fans were in row 8 and kept running down to row 2 of the next section to taunt and flip off 4 flyer fans (who were philly cops because I was talking to them at uberburger before the game). Then after the game one of the devils fansgrabbed one of them by his shirt and ripped it as he went down the escalator. And in section 232 there were 3 devils fans that flipped off every flyer fan that was leaving. There was a flyer girl who got kicked out for telling a mother "shut the fvck up and suck my dick" after the mom yelled at her for flashing everyone aafter the second flyer goal

232 is a bunch of douchebags tbh

From my perspective the devils fans were worse. 2 devils fans were in row 8 and kept running down to row 2 of the next section to taunt and flip off 4 flyer fans (who were philly cops because I was talking to them at uberburger before the game). Then after the game one of the devils fansgrabbed one of them by his shirt and ripped it as he went down the escalator.

I was in the row behind those guys. They were looking for a fight all game and were warned a few times. The fight broke out in the aisle between sections 121 and 122 after they ran back down to taunt them after the empty netter. I gotta say, the Devils fans got lucky because those 4 Flyers fans had them down on the ground before it got broken up and people calmed down a little. One of the Flyers guys had their Briere shirt ripped in that fight, too.

When the Devil fans leave a game, they generally talk about the game and certain aspects of it. "That was some save, huh?" or "did you see that shot by Kovy?" etc. Whe Flyers' fans leave the game, it's-"did you see me punch that guy in the face?" or "hey, I spilt beer on that Devil fan." That's the mentality they have as sports fans. Most of the Philly fans stay home because they dont even want to be around the idiots that go to the games. And that's ALL sports. Not just hockey.

When the Devil fans leave a game, they generally talk about the game and certain aspects of it. "That was some save, huh?" or "did you see that shot by Kovy?" etc. Whe Flyers' fans leave the game, it's-"did you see me punch that guy in the face?" or "hey, I spilt beer on that Devil fan." That's the mentality they have as sports fans. Most of the Philly fans stay home because they dont even want to be around the idiots that go to the games. And that's ALL sports. Not just hockey.

Oh, there's definitely that element of Devils fans too, it's growing. There are some people I see at every game that are frigging awful.

Section 102 had maybe 5 fans tops, though 1 bi-atch started with Devil fans when F'ers took a 2-0 lead. Surprisingly, never heard from her again after that. In 103, some young punks were walking around at 1 & 2-0 doing the JO motion with their hands up & down the aisles to Devil fans with their real smug looks. Again, surprisingly, QUIET sitting with hands folded the rest of the game. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

I don't mind the really drunk Devils fans starting trouble. I'm playing Devil's advocate (hehe) here, but if we can't go to Wells Fargo Center without getting beer or lit cigarettes thrown at us or getting jumped in the parking lot, I don't want Flyers coming into our building and getting a free pass either. All the Philthy kids who snatch up expensive resale tickets on Ticketmaster and StubHub are coming because they've been to The Rock before and completely enjoyed themselves at our expense.

If some drunk obnoxious over-the-top fools in Devils gear can make their experience a living hell, then I'm a happy camper. I don't want them coming back, I don't want them telling their friends to come with them next time. I don't want them to come in droves on their booze bus from Philly looking for trouble.

Let the a$$holes Devils do their thing. Whatever polite respectful classy fans we've had during the regular season were NOT working for us.

• Like 1

I don't mind the really drunk Devils fans starting trouble. I'm playing Devil's advocate (hehe) here, but if we can't go to Wells Fargo Center without getting beer or lit cigarettes thrown at us or getting jumped in the parking lot, I don't want Flyers coming into our building and getting a free pass either. All the Philthy kids who snatch up expensive resale tickets on Ticketmaster and StubHub are coming because they've been to The Rock before and completely enjoyed themselves at our expense.

If some drunk obnoxious over-the-top fools in Devils gear can make their experience a living hell, then I'm a happy camper. I don't want them coming back, I don't want them telling their friends to come with them next time. I don't want them to come in droves on their booze bus from Philly looking for trouble.

Let the a$$holes Devils do their thing. Whatever polite respectful classy fans we've had during the regular season were NOT working for us.

Nice, two wrongs making a right I see.

You and no other Devils fan should be stooping to their level.

Generally, the few Flyers fans in our section were rather tame. Other than the 1 idiot in front of me yelling "Marty suck" a couple of times per period, they werte quiet because they had nothing to cheer about. The best part was watching them all slink out of the building after the empty netter, crying all the way back to their cars.

That being said, I have no problem with our fans making it as uncomfortable as humanly possible for Flyers fans to come to our building (verbally - not physically). Maybe in the future, they won't come back because of the miserable experience they had.

Edited by Chuck the Duck

Generally, the few Flyers fans in our section were rather tame. Other than the 1 idiot in front of me yelling "Marty suck" a couple of times per period, they werte quiet because they had nothing to cheer about. The best part was watching them all slink out of the building after the empty netter, crying all the way back to their cars.

That being said, I have no problem with our fans making it as uncomfortable as humanly possible for Flyers fans to come to our building. Maybe in the future, they won't come back because oft he miserable experience they had.

Spoken like anyone from the crowds at the WFC.

these people have been there all year, I understand your sentiment and yeah it's amusing, but if I sat next to these people 30 times a year I'd probably want to die. Home-grown a$$holes aren't really effective, they drive just as many of your own fans away as they do the other guys. Manipulating sales, which they've been doing, is alot more effective.

Nice, two wrongs making a right I see.

You and no other Devils fan should be stooping to their level.

I definitely don't stoop down to their level. But after really not enjoying more than 1 or 2 of the past 3-4 years of Devils-Flyers home games, for me this is a refreshing change of pace this month so far!

Spoken like anyone from the crowds at the WFC.

Payback's a bitch. Our arena is way to comfortable for opposing fans (like the 1 or 2 idiots that will wear a Rangers jersey to a Devils-Flyers playoff game at the Rock). If they weren't obnoxious from the start, then I'd leave them alone. But they're generally a bunch of drunken douches simply looking for a fight. In that sense, then I say its fine to verbally abuse these idiots till they go home and cry themselves to sleep. But like I said and you edited out of my comment, I never can justify physical confrontations between fans unless you are defending yourself.

Payback's a bitch. Our arena is way to comfortable for opposing fans (like the 1 or 2 idiots that will wear a Rangers jersey to a Devils-Flyers playoff game at the Rock). If they weren't obnoxious from the start, then I'd leave them alone. But they're generally a bunch of drunken douches simply looking for a fight. In that sense, then I say its fine to verbally abuse these idiots till they go home and cry themselves to sleep. But like I said and you edited out of my comment, I never can justify physical confrontations between fans unless you are defending yourself.

First, I did not edit your comment but since it looks like I my post was done pretty much at the same time you edited it, I might have been typing my response as you were editing it.

Second, yes they are obnoxious a$$holes and I hate going to the WFC. But the thing is let that reputation stay in Philly and just for that city in general. We do not need that at the Rock. I actually pride myself that we respond by just pointing to our championship banners and not by harassing them.

We are by and far classier fans than Philly and all I'm saying is lets keep it that way.

For however much I hate the Canes, going to the RBC/PNC Center is always a pleasure. Its nice going there with the family, rooting for the other team and no one is intent on hurting you for it.

I was once the only Devs fan is a entire row of Canes fans and it was a fun experience and made some new friends. That is the way it should be. And yes, I am not causing any trouble on my own, but the only time I have seen problems there it's typically the other fans - usually Pens and Sabres fans who start it.

Some people take the "us or them" and "this is war" mentality a little too far.

I'm all for cheering for your team and drowning out the Flyers fans, but I watched 2 Devils fans provoke a group of Flyers fans and start a fight simply because they cheered when the Flyers scored. What's the point of that? To make it 'miserable' for them? I just don't buy it. I'm not getting into a fist fight over a pee pee contest at a hockey game. In the end, 90% of the people just want to watch the game.

• Like 1

I was actually at the Loft before the game, there was a flyer fan there before the game that me and my buddy were bullsh!tting with. Actually a pretty funny dude. I didn't have any issues with any of their fans. For the most part, as long as they are cool to me and not a d-bag, then I won't start anything.