GDT: Toronto @ Devils 7:00 PM

MadDog2020

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who would have thought all they needed to do to win was out Harrold on the ice??

Harrold has been very solid all year. Definitely an NHL defenseman. He just doesn't have the prospect label, so most people are disappointed to see him around when Larsson is either scratched or in the AHL and Gelinas isn't playing. It hasn't helped that there has been a brutal logjam for two years, and he stays around. He's the perfect 7th, and a very capable 5 or 6 most nights.

Much better than Mark Fraser who had his role for years.

Could we possibly get through the whole season without winning a single shootout? Lol the last time we did that was exactly 10 years ago

It's very possible.  Shootouts aren't very indicative of much.

I'd go easy on Zidlicky. The guy single handedly won many games for us this season. I think he is having a great season and I would love him back. Sal...gtfo :)

I like Zidlicky too, but I don't know of too many games he won single handedly.  I do agree he's having a great season, as are several of our defensemen.  Imagine if Pete actually decided to play our 6 best dmen for most games.

broken%20record.jpg

At least he didn't say it was doable.  That's major progress for him. 

Always nice to see the Devils win, but unless I see them win the next five (I don't care how ugly the wins are, just win for fvck's sake), or at the VERY least go 4-0-1, I can't even begin to think about what everyone else is doing. 

All things considered, as much as losing four out of five hurt, it really could've been a lot worse...it's still very bad, but at least this morning it feels like there's the very slightest of chances they might squeak in.  One regulation loss anytime soon probably kills that though.

At least he didn't say it was doable.  That's major progress for him. 

Always nice to see the Devils win, but unless I see them win the next five (I don't care how ugly the wins are, just win for fvck's sake), or at the VERY least go 4-0-1, I can't even begin to think about what everyone else is doing. 

All things considered, as much as losing four out of five hurt, it really could've been a lot worse...it's still very bad, but at least this morning it feels like there's the very slightest of chances they might squeak in.  One regulation loss anytime soon probably kills that though.

We need at least 91 points, that's 16 more.

We could squeak in if we go 8-2-0 depending on how the rest of the pack does. I don't see it happening.

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/Eastern/Metropolitan/NewJersey.html

We need at least 91 points, that's 16 more.

We could squeak in if we go 8-2-0 depending on how the rest of the pack does. I don't see it happening.

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/Eastern/Metropolitan/NewJersey.html

I'm with you, I don't see it happening either.  Like I said, they win 5 or 6 in a row and I'll start to let true hope trickle back in.  But this team has been teasing all season...after 72 games of being teased, I'm not falling for it again unless I see them do something major.