2007 NFL Draft Thread

LOTCB

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then why get rid of Garcia when he resurrected a team that basically gave up. Ty Detmer is NOT going to be able to do that and McNabb sounded perplexed in a conference call during the draft.

The Eagles have peaked.

You tell me the team in the NFL under the cap that can afford to pay TWO Starting QB salaries (Garcia was getting PAID off that run odn't doubt it) and still out a good team on the ice ... field......it's just NOT happening in the NFL.... unless you get lucky and re-draft Tom Brady :P

Your original statement was: Phily was thinking McNabb NEVER finishes the season and maybe he never will......

Based on this you are required to have potentially two starters. I think Garcia wanted to stay in Philly and would have taken the same money as Detmer, with some incentives for games started, because I McNabb's games lost to injury wouldn't count against the cap.

Your original statement was: Phily was thinking McNabb NEVER finishes the season and maybe he never will......

Based on this you are required to have potentially two starters. I think Garcia wanted to stay in Philly and would have taken the same money as Detmer, with some incentives for games started, because I McNabb's games lost to injury wouldn't count against the cap.

And if you're going to pay for two starters, then you're taking a MAJOR chunk of your cap and committing it to that and only that... that's gonna leave holes... and big ones....the cost-value of doing so with two experienced QBs just does not make sense in a capped universe.... so...you go out and draft a guy you hope can do the job or you gamble on a Culpepper or Joey Harrington :ph34r: type... and look around the league... who really has two QB's making starters money.... ain't no one I can think of....

It is those kind of personnel moves at this time of year that can make the difference in 10-6 and 6-10 though

And if you're going to pay for two starters, then you're taking a MAJOR chunk of your cap and committing it to that and only that... that's gonna leave holes... and big ones....the cost-value of doing so with two experienced QBs just does not make sense in a capped universe.... so...you go out and draft a guy you hope can do the job or you gamble on a Culpepper or Joey Harrington :ph34r: type... and look around the league... who really has two QB's making starters money.... ain't no one I can think of....

It is those kind of personnel moves at this time of year that can make the difference in 10-6 and 6-10 though

They're toast Philly fans will have to watch Invincible to get excited about Eagles football

As I said, Garcia would have taken Demeter's money, but with incentives for games started, which would have covered McNabb's contract.

As I said, Garcia would have taken Demeter's money, but with incentives for games started, which would have covered McNabb's contract.

I forget (and gave up on long ago as the numbers are not guaranteed) how that works but I THINK some of the incentives go against the cap as well.... and like I ased before to no answer... what other team in the NFL has the $$$ to carry two starting QBs... and don't tell me Tampa cause I wouldn't let Chris Simms start my PS-3 system!!!! :P

Wa$hington anf the Bronco$...who appear to be exempt from the salary cap every season

I thought GrizzlyMan Plummer retired ???

I guess Brunell and Campbell make starting money... I'd not want their skills combined at this point :blink: