1071 replies to this topic

#61 Souray44

Souray44

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 08:12 AM

Yeah it was better than The Da Vinci Code but I still didn't like it that much. It's boring watching Tom Hanks (who definitely plays on auto-pilot) going from church to church to find clues. Also the climax was ridiculous. I heard in the book it's even more insane, but I haven't read it.

Yes the book it crazy. Give it a read, you will really like it.
I collect NJ Devils/Sheldon Souray game worn jerseys, sticks and gloves
My game used jerseys/sticks/gloves/skates/puck etc. - http://community.web...m/user/Souray44

#62 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 04:51 PM

Star Trek was pretty good. I don't think I've ever watched an episode of the old show, but I knew enough through pop culture BS to get a lot of references. One part toward the end had this older lady next to me sobbing her face off ... I guess that's something more for the big Trekkies.

Damned entertaining flick.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#63 Cachorro Louco

Cachorro Louco

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 11:54 PM

I was hoping to go to the "hoboken Festival" but as it turned out the majority of the movies will be screened at Teaneck... way out of hand for me.

Posted Image

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose."

Ayrton Senna da Siva

#64 American_Psycho

American_Psycho

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 01:09 AM

Just saw Drag Me to Hell at the midnight show. All I can say is that it was better than I expected. I had high expectations especially after seeing the high RT score it currently has, but the film as a whole just blew me away. Any Evil Dead fans will sh!t the bed at how great it is. As for everyone else, well I'm sure you'll have an awesome time too.

Edited by American_Psycho, 29 May 2009 - 01:09 AM.

#65 newjerseydamo

newjerseydamo

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 01:56 AM

Just saw Drag Me to Hell at the midnight show. *snip* Any Evil Dead fans will sh!t the bed at how great it is.

interesting, might have to give it a look see.

nothing like the Evil Dead films for some culture and laughs. :)

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to none." "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
jerseys3.png

#66 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,821 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 09:25 PM

Just saw the Hangover... possibly the Funniest movie of ALL TIME!!!!! :boogie: :boogie:
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#67 Bulletproof

Bulletproof

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 12:58 PM

Saw Up on Friday and it a damn good movie. Perfect "date" movie as it's funny and lighthearted yet has some real depth to it. Nowhere near as good as Wall-E, but then again what amimated movie is?

I also saw it in 3-D...my reivew in a word? Don't spend the extra money. While having the extra depth for the long shots was nice, there was nothing overly 3-D about it. We didn't have a choice as we went with the intention to see Star Trek, didn't get there in time so we settled for 3-D Up, which was the only Up playing at 12:40 in the morning. :D

Also, I saw T-4 a couple of weeks ago and it was exactly what I expected...a good ol' fashioned action flick that was fine for what it was. As most have said about it, the best part of it for me was Sam Worthinhton's performance....easily the best of the film. His character was also excellently written. The rest of the cast was mediocre. Christian Bale was decent as John Connor (enough with the Batman voice, already...it was silly then, it's ridiculous now), and the female lead was just there, which was fine.

As for the plot, it's so twisted and convuluted, it's better to just not care. Take it for what it is and move on.

All in all, good, flick!
Posted Image

DevsCast: The latest and greatest Devils podcast on the Internet or my handle 'aint Bulletproof! Click Here to subscribe via iTunes or Click Here to download mp3 versions of the show. Perfect for wasting time at work!

#68 Cachorro Louco

Cachorro Louco

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 01:48 PM

Just saw the Hangover... possibly the Funniest movie of ALL TIME!!!!! :boogie: :boogie:

The movie was great. but I did expect more from it. Anyway I just got a Look on a new movie from Brazil that promises be very controversial the title is " Do come

Posted Image

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose."

Ayrton Senna da Siva

#69 newjerseydamo

newjerseydamo

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 10:17 PM

im looking forward to seeing The Hangover.
it opens here this week, so ill go catch it on the weekend.

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to none." "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
jerseys3.png

#70 annabelle

annabelle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 05:51 PM

Went and saw the Hangover Sunday, effin hilarious and I dont usually like "stupid" movies like that....laughed the whole time..and yummy Bradley Cooper is effin hot!!
This post was brought to you by the letters, D, P & H

"I wasn't trying to be funny. If I was you would have noticed because you'd be laughing.."-C.G 04/14/07

"The winters of my childhood were long, long seasons. we lived in three places, the school, the church, and the skating rink. But our real life was on the skating rink" (from the back of the 5 Dollar bill, proof that Canada IS hockey country..)

Loyalty above all, Save honour

15 seconds left, your team is down a goal...Are YOU in the parking lot or still in the stands?

OFFICIAL MEMBER OF Team Awesome.ca...KEEPING MANITOBA AWESOME!!!!

"FLAMES FANS- the new generation of the 90's Leaf fans, naive and stupid with no actual hockey intelligence..(which is expected when 80% of your fanbase are bandwagoners who started watching April 2004)"- PureTalent#19

Keeper of the Sprite in Marty's water bottle
Posted Image

#71 Atterr

Atterr

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 06:08 PM

Finally saw The Hangover and it is definitely the funniest movie I've seen in a long time. Zach Galifianakis makes quite a debut. The end credits were awesome!!!

#72 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 10:24 PM

Debut? You need to rent Out Cold, my friend. He's done a bunch of other stuff, but that movie is downright hilarious and he's awesome in it.
Posted Image

#73 cupcake23

cupcake23

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 11:32 PM

Andrew and I just saw The Hangover. It was freaking hysterical. Everyone should go see it. The credits were especially amazing. :thumbsup:

Official keeper of: Kevin Clark, Dr. Murray Seltzer,
The Arena Lounge (outside on Greene and Mullberry), and David Clarkson's lisp.

#74 newjerseydamo

newjerseydamo

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 06:59 AM

just saw The Hangover tonight.

was great to have a chuckle at it all, and was well done.

definitely a rewatch :)

jerseys3.png

#75 estreetcrew3

estreetcrew3

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 10:06 AM

I really don't know what all the fuss is about hangover. I chuckled a few times while everyone was crakcing up. I'm not really into that kind of humor. Def not the most hilarious movie ever.
Posted Image Section 209 at the Rock
Estreet crew Blog ------> http://estreetskate.blogspot.com/

#76 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 02:48 PM

Saw a bootleg of The Hangover and laughed my ass off. Unfortunately it cut off before the credits so I've gotta see it again.

Also saw Land Of The Lost. It was more of a kids movie than I expected. It was OK. Not bad, not great, just OK.
Posted Image

#77 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,821 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 09:36 AM

So no one here saw or wanted to comment on Transformers 2??

I thought it was wayyyy better then the first, though they still give Sam wayyyyyy too much air time in this damn movie :P
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#78 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 01:36 PM

Transformers 2 was a good movie, I think there were some unnecessary stuff that dragged it out longer than it had to be, but it was still good. My biggest complaint was that it was ridiculously excessively LOUD! I don't know if it was like that for everyone, but man I felt like my ears were bleeding as I walked out of the theater.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#79 Atterr

Atterr

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 09:49 AM

Even though I hated the first one, I saw Transformers 2 yesterday. In my opinion it is even worse than the first one. Every character (man or robot) is so annoying and the humor is lame and childish. The CGI was ok I guess, but not enough to save the movie. And to think it lasted two and a half hours!!! Why Michael Bay is still allowed to keep making movies is beyond me. He can lick Devastator's balls.

Edited by Atterr, 03 July 2009 - 09:50 AM.

#80 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,518 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 09:59 AM

Transformers 2 was pretty much just as dumb as the first one but I still thought it met my expectations as looking cool at times.

It has a huge issue in that the main characters are basically fillers until we get to the stuff we want to see. I wish Sam and almost every human in the movie died because I hate them and the transformers are the only halfway interesting things in the movie.

All the humor flopped for me and it's probably an hour longer than it should be.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users